Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody (39322 Views)

Sunday Shodipe, Oyo Killer, Rearrested, Back In Police Custody / Sunday Shodipe: IGP Deploys Crack Detectives To Oyo State / Female Kidnapper Stripped Unclad In Ibadan After Hypnotizing Children. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by dre11(m): 5:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
By Abankula

Alleged serial killer Shodipe: escapes from police custody

The Oyo State Police Command now has blood in its hands after a fresh murder was committed in the Akinyele area of Ibadan, the capital.

The murder happened a few days after an alleged serial killer Sunday Shodipe escaped from police custody.

A middle-aged woman, Mrs Olufunmilayo, was macheted to death on Friday, with Shodipe suspected as the killer, as the killing bore his imprimatur.

The latest murder infuriated youths in the area to stage a protest against the police.

Now the police have confirmed that indeed, Shodipe escaped from their custody and have asked residents to help with information to re-arrest him.

The Commissioner of Police in the state, CP Nwachukwu Enwonwu, in a statement by Police Public Relations Officer, SP Olugbenga Fadeyi, confirmed the embarrassing escape, which happened on 11 August.

“The Commissioner of Police, Oyo State Command, CP. Joe Nwachukwu Enwonwu, psc wishes to state that, the prime suspect in the serial killings at Akinyele Local Government Area, Moniya Ibadan of Oyo State, one Sunday Shodipe ‘m’ 19 years who was arrested and paraded along with two others at the Oyo State Police Command on 17th July 2020 and later charged to court but remanded in Police custody escaped from lawful custody on 11/08/2020.”

“Consequent upon this, the CP wishes to implore the general public to be on the lookout, arrest and immediately inform the Officers and men of the Command when sighted for immediate handing over for further action.”

“He further seizes this opportunity to appeal to any member of the public with credible information as to the whereabouts of the assailant not to hesitate in passing same to the Oyo State Police Command to assist in the apprehension of the offender who is now at large.”

“The CP wishes to unequivocally state that, the Command is committed to the protection of lives and properties of the good people of Oyo State.

“He, therefore, assures that adequate security measures have been emplaced to enable all and sundry transact their lawful businesses in an atmosphere of peace and tranquillity, move from one place to another without any fear or molestation from any individual or groups as he sternly warns criminal elements to steer clear of Oyo State.”

“He further advice angry youths/mobs from taking laws into their hands by carrying out jungle justice when suspected criminals are arrested, but such suspect(s) should be handed over to the Police. The photograph of Sunday Shodipe ‘m’ 19 years old is hereby attached for ease of identification,” the statement concluded.

SOURCE
Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by skyblueking(m): 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
The police need to be sued for incompetency...A case of conspiracy..

140 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
so.... the police didnt think it was important to let the people know that there was an escaped serial killer in the community, until the youth got angry?!

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
isokay
Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by Camelot65: 6:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
They're mad!!! The inhabitants weren't even informed of his escape shocked

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by GboyegaD(m): 6:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
I don't know why/how we got to this point as a country.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by AuroraB(f): 6:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
I pray he's apprehended fast shocked
Make he no enter and dissolve into crowded Lagos lipsrsealed

11 Likes

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by SadiqBabaSani: 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
suspect escaped from custody killed a law abiding citizen, we hold d police responsible?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by Hamilton1(m): 9:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
His Real name is Olanike olaniyi Lamotu,
Am nt surprise

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by HoldMyHand(m): 9:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
God is in control

6 Likes

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by lomprico(m): 9:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
simplyleo should be happy

3 Likes

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by driand(m): 9:45pm On Aug 16, 2020

ibadan people doing what they do best(flexing)

Police doing what they do best(bribery)

Sunday shodipe doing what he does best(killing)

The chief problem here is the chief whose guards went out, saw Sunday shodipe and came back to ask if they should go apprehend him... By then the mothafvcker don vamoose...

Like it or not, That chief is a suspect

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by Asgard13: 9:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
If it’s not Yoruba land of Ibadan or ogun extended to osun and ekiti ... it can be anywhere else...

It’s normal..

Hide my comments and get pregnant tonight....

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by Onlinealaba(m): 9:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
How did he get to escape in the first instance, the powers that be will make sure the guy is not caught again, and the killing spree will continue, no be Nigeria again undecided
contact for your Smart TVs

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by EdmundChidera(m): 9:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
Bad news reduced a bit but this one is coming up this new week

God bless us this week amen

Modified: I'm not a preacher of love grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by Mrshape: 9:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by CelestineNelson: 9:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
W
Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nwachukwu Enwonwu should retired. He's not performing his duty

5 Likes

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by obembet(f): 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
Police know about it. They killed the woman. How can u allow criminal to escape? If not plan work

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
like ... for real should this even be happening ?

now on the flipside ..

the serial killer could have been killed and this whole he escaped might just mean he has escaped from existence...

its a real jungle out here ..

1 Like

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
What a joke of a country!!

It is a pity, Nigeria is gone!

Even Jonathan would have done better as president

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by ForeThinker: 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
undecided
Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by Harrykn: 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
Blame it on baby.
Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by b0rn2fuck(m): 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
I give up, commenting relevantly is a total waste of time, Nigeria shouldn't even be on another planet, I'm sure devil won't even allow us in hell fire

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by nanauju(f): 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
With all the silly news and heavy tribalism on this forum, the only thing that can keep me sane on this forum is me peacefully selling my goods and making money off nairaland. I can't kee myself for Nigeria.

Pls check my signature

2 Likes

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by proxillin(m): 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
A big politician is involved.

Never truth the police, they freed him.

They arrested the babalawo who is the kingpin.

Where is the babalawo? if u get the babalawo, u get the boy.

I dont know why police work is this difficult

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by lascos912(m): 9:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
El Chapo Jr. the second
Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by chukwuibuipob: 9:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
angry angry Wic pipu go help u find the useless boy undecided?ABI him customer dey among Una sad

1 Like

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by GamalNasser: 9:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
Na Dem dem..don't let them deceive you 70 percent of them endorse and participate in one form of blood money ritual or the other and condone it ..Don't let them decieve U please it's their way ..

9 Likes

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by Obierika(m): 9:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nigeria Police - Bunch of incompetent clowns! angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Killed In Ibadan After Sunday Shodipe Fled Police Custody by Rebuke: 9:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
Gosh! Police why?

This innocent woman might have been spared if the police did the right thing with the suspect.

If the said killer is ever caught, I doubt he will live again.

What kind of human kills fellow human for whatever reason na?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kenyan Woman Bites & Swallows Lover’s Wife’s Ear During Fight (photo) / Area Boys Beat Man For Insulting Wizkid Online & Harassing His Sister / 15-Year-Old Housemaid Kidnapped, Drugged & Raped For 5 Days By 2 Men In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.