Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,926 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? (27640 Views)

As A Federal Government Worker, How Will You Celebrate This Christmas? / Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 5:17pm On Aug 17, 2020
Hello, I had to create this new account specifically for this and had to post in this section because I can't do so in job/vacancy section yet.

Straight to the point, I resigned my job in a government tertiary institution up north due to security challenges less than a month ago,. Now I have come down to a similar institution in a state in the southern part of Nigeria but finding it hard to cope here due to human relationship factors.. I wish to go back to the north and manage the security situations there than to be suffering human factors here.

The said institution is a federal government hospital

Now I learnt one can cancel resignation within 3 months of tendering it, my questions are now :
(1)is it true according to the civil service rule?
(2) what are the processes involved

I need candid answer to this.. You can add insults if you so wish.. I will be replying to further questions

Please front page, I need advise on this, thanks

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by madampresident(f): 5:44pm On Aug 17, 2020
Why not follow the same protocol you followed to submit the resignation to find out how you can withdraw it? The earlier the better for you.

134 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by santakris(m): 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2020
I have no idea
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by teadrake(m): 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2020
Reach out to the office you submitted the resignation letter then you can proceed from there.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2020
teadrake:
Reach out to the office you submitted the resignation letter then you can proceed from there.
Okay
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2020
madampresident:
Why not follow the same protocol you followed to submit the resignation to find out how you can withdraw it? The earlier the better for you.
Thank you
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by ForeThinker: 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
Probably.. probably not

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by funmilade4real(m): 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
Why
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Slawormir: 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Grab my weed while I read comments

As far as say the thing never reach 90 days..... brother you for just waka leave the job at first without writing a resignation letter... that would have been better....
Same way buhari leave he job for nearly 90 days...he come quickly run come back as the thing don almost reach 90 days.....
The same thing with federal government work..you can walk away for three months and come back... the highest them fit give you na query letter and warning letter

......if you know men way know men for the hospital then write a letter to withdraw the resignation letter and they will quickly dig into your files

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by iCauseTrouble: 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
Village people sad

23 Likes

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
If you stay in a place where you are not happy, you will grow old quicker or might even enjoy the place as time goes on.

Why not speak to the person you submitted the resignation letter to

It might be easier to retrieve before you resign here again!

Whatever happens don't resign here until you are sure!

I wish you the best and God's protection in the North!

Stay safe

15 Likes

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by DontBullshitMe: 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
Your job was offered to me a day after you resigned.

Sorry. grin

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by SILVERLINES: 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
cheesy
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by YorubaKinging: 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
Jj
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by OgidiOlu3(m): 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
What do you mean by "human relationship factors"?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by ricson11(m): 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
person dey find work and another person dey cancel. las las this life no balance.

37 Likes

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Ayemileto(m): 8:38pm On Aug 17, 2020
grin

When you were submitting the resignation letter, you didn't ask us for advice ooo.

But now, you created new account just to ask for advice.

As a matter of fact, we are not in the position to advise you. Instead you should return to the office you submitted your resignation letter to.

In fact, the time it took you to create a new NL account,and type the post up there, would have been enough to place a call to a colleague in the institution to help you find out.

16 Likes

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by mistercardinal(m): 8:39pm On Aug 17, 2020
Swear say you no sabi wetin to do

4 Likes

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by OBTMOS(m): 8:39pm On Aug 17, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by merieam16(f): 8:39pm On Aug 17, 2020
U should have people in ur office that u can ask some certain questions. U didnt ask of hw life would be in the south before resigning, u er nw disturbing us.

Next time do thorough findings b4 taking decisions

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Kestolove(m): 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
Make una cum see brother wey mumu

6 Likes

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
village People has finally logged you into their databasegrin

contact the office where you submitted the letter.....it is possible that it has not left the desk you submitted it.... this is Nigeria

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by captianfreeman(m): 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
Noooooooooooooo nowwwwww!
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Saviolamemphix(m): 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
maybe u can get ur job but it may take a long time
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Igyeseh(m): 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
Some have food but can't eat, while some can eat but don't have food.

The way jobs are scarce in this country, others are having with a tip of finger.

God no go shame us.
Amen.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Vicky99(f): 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
Long leg stuff... indeed this life no balance. I'm still looking for a way to leave this country. I'm tired already... I'm not doing again.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by bomasek(m): 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
Explain what you mean by human relationships factor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Inkling(f): 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2020
Hmmmm....

Life first. I can kill myself.

If the security issue is still critical re-think again

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lecturing In State University Vs Federal Polytechnic / 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / Why Konga Sacks Workers Every Six Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.