Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,743 members, 7,827,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? (27716 Views)

As A Federal Government Worker, How Will You Celebrate This Christmas? / Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by MrDigits: 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2020
Try and contact the head of personnel or the director of administration of the institution u retired from. They are in a much better position to advise you than nairaland.
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2020
Donot return to the north east. Your life vs interpersonal relationships, which is more important to you?

Don’t let one rude or saucy boss send you to your death

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mishydoo(m): 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2020
Don't go back on your decision. They probably reassigned ur slot to someone else or someone is using it as ghost slot.
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by judetov2(m): 8:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
f
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Chijiokem1(m): 8:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
Hence is federal government job, why can't you sort for transfer by all means, even if it will cost you your one or two months salary sort it out is possible.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by mytime24(f): 8:44pm On Aug 17, 2020
Village pple
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by ejimatic: 8:44pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mistakemaker:
Hello, I had to create this new account specifically for this and had to post in this section because I can't do so in job/vacancy section yet.

Straight to the point, I resigned my job in a government tertiary institution up north due to security challenges less than a month ago,. Now I have come down to a similar institution in a state in the southern part of Nigeria but finding it hard to cope here due to human relationship factors.. I wish to go back to the north and manage the security situations there than to be suffering human factors here.

The said institution is a federal government hospital

Now I learnt one can cancel resignation within 3 months of tendering it, my questions are now :
(1)is it true according to the civil service rule?
(2) what are the processes involved

I need candid answer to this.. You can add insults if you so wish.. I will be replying to further questions

Please front page, I need advise on this, thanks
. 1. Discuss with the registrar of the institution you resigned from for his assistance.2. Within a month you can withdraw your letter. 3. Dont ever resign from a federal job to take a state job .You can transfer your service from a federal job to another federal job eaocially if it is an insititution.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by JoshB92: 8:45pm On Aug 17, 2020
You are even lucky
Applying and resigning anyhow
You better stay one place
You left there because of security challenge then you came here and want to leave because human factor again? Sir there is no place you go that you won't find something to resign again... My advice stay and work out the whatever is giving you problem

4 Likes

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by chasamolu: 8:46pm On Aug 17, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Your job was offered to me a day after you resigned.

Sorry. grin

Some People will always want to show they are so unfortunate in Life
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2020
Fuckdem:
village People has finally logged you into their databasegrin

contact the office where you submitted the letter.....it is possible that it has not left the desk you submitted it.... this is Nigeria
Lol....
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Harrykn: 8:49pm On Aug 17, 2020
Op, honestly you might not find the exact answers here. Don't hold back, go and make your findings the same way you applied for withdrawal.
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Kenmatt(m): 8:50pm On Aug 17, 2020
My brother, it is better you manage human relations and stick to your current job than stumble into irrational beings that would butcher your skin to pieces in the name of extremism.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by kuuljay(m): 8:53pm On Aug 17, 2020
Fg jobs that people are paying over a million to get,yet some people money go still loss,yet you got one then resigned and got another one then want to go get the old one again,bross pls use that same connect you've been using and stop asking us stupid question

2 Likes

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 8:55pm On Aug 17, 2020
ejimatic:
. 1. Discuss with the registrar of the institution you resigned from for his assistance.2. Within a month you can withdraw your letter. 3. Dont ever resign from a federal job to take a state job .You can transfer your service from a federal job to another federal job eaocially if it is an insititution.
I'm still in a federal job.. Same job just another federal government hospital

1 Like

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Sufisunni: 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2020
Village people thing! You could have simply applied for leave without pay
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by desoul2004(m): 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2020
[quote author=Mistakemaker post=92925915]Hello, I had to create this new account specifically for this and had to post in this section because I can't do so in job/vacancy section yet.

Straight to the point, I resigned my job in a government tertiary institution up north due to security challenges less than a month ago,. Now I have come down to a similar institution in a state in the southern part of Nigeria but finding it hard to cope here due to human relationship factors.. I wish to go back to the north and manage the security situations there than to be suffering human factors here.

Now I learnt one can cancel resignation within 3 months of tendering it, my questions are now :

I need candid answer to this.. You can add insults if you so wish.. I will be replying to further questions

Please front page, I need advise on this, thanks [/quo

Meet your Director of Administration, explain everything to him/her. Meanwhile, before you resign you must have friends there.
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by capitalzero: 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mistakemaker:
Hello, I had to create this new account specifically for this and had to post in this section because I can't do so in job/vacancy section yet.

Try to endure. You would soon adjust to it.
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Your job was offered to me a day after you resigned.

Sorry. grin
Unless u are a Dr with my qualifications
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Baamm(m): 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
Am sure your resignation went through the Human Resources Department and the same applies....the earlier the better sha before they process your letter fully
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by emkz: 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
Per your work contract, did you not have to specify some weeks' or months' notice before your resignation became effective or salary in lieu? Some facts are missing.

Next time, take a leave and don't resign too quickly. If you have been removed from the payroll, you cannot just saunter into the position you resigned from. You have to go through a fresh recruitment process. Point being that you need to talk to the HR personnel in the uni and not nairalanders.
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by kapelvej: 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
This should be straight forward Just ask human resource or who ever you submitted to or the responsible department in your present place of work
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by ejimatic: 9:00pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mistakemaker:

I'm still in a federal job.. Same job just another federal government hospital
. Why do you want yo go back since your pay will be close to each other?/I guess there is another reason you don't want to disclose
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by SpartanKing: 9:01pm On Aug 17, 2020
Your Username is very funny: "mistakeMaker."
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by bluefilm: 9:02pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mistakemaker:

Ogori nuo di nabo, o malu nke ka mma. grin grin grin
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 9:02pm On Aug 17, 2020
ejimatic:
. Why do you want yo go back since your pay will be close to each other?/I guess there is another reason you don't want to disclose
Is purely bc of that, yes there is insecurity in the north and I have being attacked before and my things worth up to 500k carted away but I enjoyed good working condition with people with good mind but here everyone is bitter.. I prefer to endure the insecurity, if I perish I perish than to be in a bitter working environment

1 Like

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by haryorbarmie83(m): 9:02pm On Aug 17, 2020
It's possible you retrieve the letter if only it has not been copy or sent to the board/management of the institution, if it has been forwarded to any of the above mentioned, please stay where you are. My penny advise for you.
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by juman(m): 9:03pm On Aug 17, 2020
Rather look for another place in the south or safe northern states.
Value your life.
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Coldie(m): 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2020
U should be able to. This is Nigeria anything is possible. But to me rush back to the place and try to rectify it, it it doesn't work stick to ur present job

1 Like

Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Mistakemaker: 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2020
bluefilm:

Ogori nuo di nabo, o malu nke ka mma. grin grin grin
Ọkwa ifugo ya nwanne mmadụ.. Anokwa m na ala Igbo nwanne mmadụ mana ndị nọ ebe a esoghị cha cha
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by Unigrad: 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2020
Equitty15:
you should reach out to the where you tendered your resignation and confirm from there, I sincerely hope it's possible as the way they sell slots in federal institution is beyond imagination, they may have sold your position ASAP!

meanwhile, do you have a website you need a mobile application for? we can help you with that and also upload on app store all for a very cheap rate. check siggy for contact
People are paying millions for a federal government job slot. Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? by idowuswap: 9:06pm On Aug 17, 2020
IGBO people s with bad luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" / How I Lost My Dream Job Without Collecting 1 Month Salary - Meme Collection / Interested In Being A Chartered Administrator?Get All Questions Answered Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.