Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,268 members, 7,864,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:16 PM

Eksu Must Be Liberated From Darkness - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Eksu Must Be Liberated From Darkness (249 Views)

UNILAG Thrown Into Darkness Over ₦200 Million Electricity Debt / OAU: Students Prepare For Rain Semester Examinations In Total Darkness / Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eksu Must Be Liberated From Darkness by sammieking2017(m): 11:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
My first night as a fresher in EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, I don't need anybody to tell me before i realized that i'm in a different settlement entirely. Observing the environs made me detested it. As you can only see total blackout except traces of light coming from students that can afford the usage of generator.
Different thought kept ruminating my mind throughout the night.
The following day I began my inquiries on how to survive in the darkest community. However I got to know that electricity is available in school premises and some outskirts of the school area like IWOROKO. Which means i can only enjoy power supply if i move to those areas. I have to navigate the merits i'll gain by staying in school area and arrived to conclusion that electricity is the only issue here, no need of relocating as i can still surmount it.
As time goes on i noticed that some hostel has Generator including the hostel i stay and we do contribute money for maintenance, fueling and servicing of it.
CONTD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eksu Must Be Liberated From Darkness by sammieking2017(m): 12:27am On Aug 18, 2020
Although that has been really helpful but not satisfactory. There are many negative effects to it as it causes disturbances to student reading. I can attest that there is no way you will sit down in your hostel and enjoy you reading calmly unless you go to school or shift to midnight.
Also it reduces the effectiveness of our electronics accessories and gadgets e.g phones batteries, laptops, lamps e.t.c
Our Allowances suffer it most as we extract the little we have to fund electricity for ourselves.
The worst part of the scenario is that i don't seem the school authorities attach any importancy to it since it's not affecting them. There were some cases student had agigated for it but all to no avail.
The EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY students are really suffering for electricity. It had been six years since we experienced light in our major school area(Osekita, phase1,2,3, school gate)
The pics below described the true state of it as you can see io wires and cables are used as rope to strectch cloth.

Re: Eksu Must Be Liberated From Darkness by sammieking2017(m): 1:03am On Aug 18, 2020
Nigeria students enjoin to liberate us from DARKNESS. It's affecting us Academically and Socially. #PowerEksu already trending on social media. https://twitter.com/iMotivateAfrica/status/1295275689743192065?s=19
Re: Eksu Must Be Liberated From Darkness by illicit(m): 7:06am On Aug 18, 2020
Where is NANS and ASUU when u need them
Re: Eksu Must Be Liberated From Darkness by extol1(m): 2:03pm On Aug 18, 2020
the truth of the matter is the managements are not ready to listen to the plight of the students, and the worst of it is that it happens in every Nigeria universities

(1) (Reply)

Stop Begging People To Like And Follow Your Social Media Page.... / Tears As Evil Mother Kills Her Five Children And Tried To Kill Herself / UBA Foundation National Essay Competition 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.