Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. (2129 Views)

My Wife: Why Is The Life of Women So Complicated? / Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? / Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by knowhowk: 12:14am On Aug 19, 2020
Some Women lay it as Condition for a Matrimony ,If no Court Marriage am sorry I am not in with you . Times without number ,this come up between man and woman during dating , especially when the relationship is heading towards Marriage .

There is this Guy that oppose Court Marriage and prefers Traditional and Church Marriage only ,His Fiancee stood her ground that she wants Court Marriage or else ....After much questioning on the part of the Lady she Opens up that she needs Security her husband might decides to get a second wife in the future ,On the part of the man ,he mentioned that a friend of His received the threats of His life from the woman he married.He mentioned that this His friends wife usually show Him the Marriage Certificate as the Only Legal wife and he mess Up she would Kill Him and all His Property becomes Hers and No family dares come Closer .

Another man mentioned that His wife forced him to go for Court Marriage after just two Years ,She initiated lots of Trouble for the man so much more ,he pleaded for Peace but She made life so unbearable so much more that she said she is fedup and needs a Divorce ,She went to Court to file for a Divorce .
She was Granted after she told the Judge she was fedup ,This man is very wealthy ,they had just a Son ,The woman had a good share of His properties and took two Exotic cars forcefully from this Man .

My question is Why are some Women so bent and Desperate for Court Marriage ,Does it Guarantee True Love,Harmony ,Joy and long term Union ? So many have it and yet it ends in Divorce , Sorrows,Regret ,Death ,Murder .If it's religion ,There is no Court Marriage injunction in the Bible or Quran now .
Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by Oksman(m): 3:34am On Aug 19, 2020
That gives her legal rights in the marriage because our system recognises it as the only valid form of marriage. Assuming the husband dies, her inlaws won't come fighting over her hubby's possesions.
grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by Mindlog: 3:46am On Aug 19, 2020
The reasons why some men don't want court marriage lies some of the reasons a woman insists on it.

14 Likes

Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by ednut1(m): 4:00am On Aug 19, 2020
this is 9ja which court dey share man properties women these days need some form of protection and security lol na why. Even the law doest really favour them in terms of divorce and all

5 Likes

Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by engrtee(f): 4:26am On Aug 19, 2020
Women eye don open

4 Likes

Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by LadySarah: 6:10am On Aug 19, 2020
Eburu ozu onye ozo o Dika nku.

Let me come home. Imagine it's your mum or sisters we are talking about here.

Would you want them thrown out or haven't you seen it happening. The men who do it started out being loving or caring until what changes them changed them.

Shes asking for security and if you won't,take a walk.
Thank God it's even compulsory in my church.
Court. Trad white.

6 Likes

Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by gnss(m): 9:01am On Aug 19, 2020
LadySarah:

Would you want them thrown out? Would you?
Why is this one directing her Aggressiveness at the op ,what has the op mum or sister got to do with this ...Na waoo .Court Marriage is not a must ,It's a matter of Choice ,Everyone to his / her life ,If a woman insist on it and Her man is ok with it so be it however if a man says Capital No.Let each other go on there seperate ways Biko ...It's not by force ,If a country ,Law set a standard or recognised Court Marriage it's not a Compulsion on someone Right to life and Enjoyment . So U want Person to continue enduring a non working Relationship ,a Relationship that is so full of Agony,sorrow and Unhappiness because of one Yeye Court Marriage .Which Security are we talking about here ,Does Court Marriage stops a man from Sleeping arround ,Does it stop a man beating a woman ,does it makes the man responsible .Does Court Marriage Implies True Love . If a Marriage works ,Great if it's not working ,let an end be put to it ,Probably Suicide ,Murder ,Husband kills wife or wife kills husband over a simple Arguements will Solve the whole shit .I repeat Court Marriage is never a rescue to Secure a woman stupidity ,Arrogance and Nagging attitudes .Also It is not a saving Grace for Wicked man to Imprison a good ,hard-working and virtuous woman .If you want Court Marriage go for it if u don't want it's your Choice .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by knowhowk: 9:16am On Aug 19, 2020
LadySarah:

Would you want them thrown out? Would you?
. Court Marriage is not a Compulsion ...It does not makes a woman a Good Wife .My mum was not thrown out till date and there was No Court Marriage between her and my Dad secondly ,My sister should go into Marriage with Respect, Humility,prayer ,fear of God and Sincerity if she does otherwise it would earn her been thrown out ,Court Marriage entertained Divorce remember.Thank U.
Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by tracyfemmmm: 9:47am On Aug 19, 2020
Personally, I won’t accept any man that does not do court marriage. That is just me as a lady speaking. Anyone else can do what they like.

4 Likes

Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by bukatyne(f): 9:57am On Aug 19, 2020
Cunny man die, Cunny man bury am.

In my world, court/trad/white or trad/white (if the church is affiliated with the court) is how marriage traditionally flows.

No wife is scheming to divorce because she is the legal wife: no husband is 'afraid' to marry legally because his wife might 'divorce' later.
Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by knowhowk: 10:17am On Aug 19, 2020
tracyfemmmm:
Personally, I won’t accept any man that does not do court marriage. That is just me as a lady speaking. Anyone else can do what they like.
. Right ! .Everyone ,Anyone is free to do what they like now just as you too is doing what you like .Free world ....
Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by seproperties(m): 10:31am On Aug 19, 2020
This is an Interesting Thread .it's a free world .It's a matter of Choice ,there is no big deal about so many things we get worried about .One man's food is another man's poison .Court Marriage is not by force now .If a Lady insist on it ,if it goes well with a man he should go ahead ,If it does not go well with him.,he should Waka Pass ,Any reason you Waka pass is best known to you.Everyone got to live the way and manner he or she Chooses .There are Millions of Men on Earth,Millions of women on Earth .So why Bodering yourself with a Condition that is not Pleasant to you just because you must Marry someone .Many are the Victims of making a Decision which Naturally and Personally they don't like all in the name of " LOVE" I don't want to make her sad,I don't want to break her hearts ,if that is what she wants ,I love her I will do it for her Crap and Bullshit talks.At the end of the day ,after some several Years the same Reasons U don't wanna go into the Marriage would Crash the whole Shit . Men I am not for that Shit ! Court Marriage ,that is not for me .I call on My pastor to pray and bless My Union ,Cook and entertain my Guest ,Do Introduction and Engagement ,Do my Responsibility ,Money to Cook,Take care of herself ,the kids ,Pay school fees ,Build a Nice place to live ,buy a car for myself and one for her ,if she works salary fine if not then set her up and be nice to her ,Get my will done ,Am not in for any second wife bullshit,just one wife men ,If at the end of the day she came up with Nonsense and stupid attitudes ,won't allow threats and sorrows we can call it quits and settle her .That is all ,

1 Like

Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by DoubleEngine007: 10:52am On Aug 19, 2020
For me,no lady can force me into court marriage. If she is not ready to follow my rules.. She should get out.. Its a FREE WORLD.. And this is AFRICA..

My nigga go say.." Who she EPP sef?"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by seproperties(m): 10:58am On Aug 19, 2020
DoubleEngine007:
For me,no lady can force me into court marriage. If she is not ready to follow my rules.. She should get out.. Its a FREE WORLD.. And this is AFRICA..

My nigga go say.." Who she EPP sef?"
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by Amanee(f): 3:14pm On Aug 19, 2020
All mallam to him kettle
Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by HantaVirus(m): 3:20pm On Aug 19, 2020
The court marriage protects both the man and woman but especially the woman. Some Nigerian men can be very polygamous in nature but the law states that if you practice bigamy, the punishment is 5-year imprisonment. So your partner needs to get a divorce before getting married to someone else !
Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by mutter(f): 3:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
HantaVirus:
The court marriage protects both the man and woman but especially the woman. Some Nigerian men can be very polygamous in nature but the law states that if you practice bigamy, the punishment is 5-year imprisonment. So your partner needs to get a divorce before getting married to someone else !
I'd like to see a court in Nigeria enforce this. cheesy
We should focus on makimg better marriages

1 Like

Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by OlawaleBammie: 4:35pm On Aug 19, 2020
gnss:
Why is this one directing her Aggressiveness at the op ,what has the op mum or sister got to do with this ...Na waoo .Court Marriage is not a must ,It's a matter of Choice ,Everyone to his / her life ,If a woman insist on it and Her man is ok with it so be it however if a man says Capital No.Let each other go on there seperate ways Biko ...It's not by force ,If a country ,Law set a standard or recognised Court Marriage it's not a Compulsion on someone Right to life and Enjoyment . So U want Person to continue enduring a non working Relationship ,a Relationship that is so full of Agony,sorrow and Unhappiness because of one Yeye Court Marriage .Which Security are we talking about here ,Does Court Marriage stops a man from Sleeping arround ,Does it stop a man beating a woman ,does it makes the man responsible .Does Court Marriage Implies True Love . If a Marriage works ,Great if it's not working ,let an end be put to it ,Probably Suicide ,Murder ,Husband kills wife or wife kills husband over a simple Arguements will Solve the whole shit. I repeat Court Marriage is never a rescue to Secure a woman stupidity ,Arrogance and Nagging attitudes .Also It is not a saving Grace for Wicked man to Imprison a good ,hard-working and virtuous woman .If you want Court Marriage go for it if u don't want it's your Choice .

I just love Ur analysis here, u too much....But u be guy talk tru grin

BTW, the emboldened confused me small sha.

1 Like

Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by Unnerve: 4:52pm On Aug 19, 2020
HantaVirus:
On paper.
Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by NoToPile: 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2020
I still don't get what the fuss is about.

Everybody in my extended family the Muslims and Christians had a legal marriage

The Muslims had the traditional, nikkah, then registry

The Christians - Traditional and church alone (if the church is registered).

Or

Traditional and court alone if you don't intend to do church wedding.

Or

Traditional, church and court ( If the church is not legally registered)

Not having a legal backing to your marriage is almost considered an abomination the way I was brought up and from people and family friends I see around, in fact it seems its only on NL I see people debating this. Its non negotiable.

And it has nothing to do with whether someone will leave the marriage or not, your marriage has to be legally backed .

3 Likes

Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by HantaVirus(m): 7:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
Unnerve:

On paper.

You think so ma'am ? Or you don't know your rights?
Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by HantaVirus(m): 7:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
mutter:

I'd like to see a court in Nigeria enforce this. cheesy
We should focus on makimg better marriages

Hmm....
Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by Unnerve: 7:14pm On Aug 19, 2020
HantaVirus:

You think so ma'am ? Or you don't know your rights?
Probably not.

2 Likes

Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by HantaVirus(m): 7:15pm On Aug 19, 2020
Unnerve:

Probably not.

Ok if you say so cool
Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by Gabe427: 12:32am On Aug 20, 2020
it simple The same way she wants a court marriage

the same way I would want a PRENUP

let come to terms that you ain't after the dough and when it time to leave you can't be threatening me .....

if she wants court marriage without prenup then she's not worried about being the only wife

2 Likes

Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by knowhowk: 1:20am On Aug 20, 2020
NoToPile:
I still don't get what the fuss is about.

Everybody in my extended family the Muslims and Christians had a legal marriage

The Muslims had the traditional, nikkah, then registry

The Christians - Traditional and church alone (if the church is registered).

Or

Traditional and court alone if you don't intend to do church wedding.

Or

Traditional, church and court ( If the church is not legally registered)

Not having a legal backing to your marriage is almost considered an abomination the way I was brought up and from people and family friends I see around, in fact it seems its only on NL I see people debating this. Its non negotiable.

And it has nothing to do with whether someone will leave the marriage or not, your marriage has to be legally backed .

. Non Negotiable for where , Na you make the law of Non Negotiable right ,Which non negotiable are you even talking about sef ,Go and start telling People that getting a Marriage legally backed by law is a must .Crap .It seems U are yet to go far if it's only on NL U see people debating this .Everyone with His or Her Decision and how they wish to leave there lives .Let Law stands on it own ,The law of the Country won't determine my own Love . Very strange you mentioned that it's an Abomination to marry without having a Legal backing ,says who ,Which people and who are those your friends that spewed that Funny talk sef .See am married and no Court Marriage ,Am enjoying the best of my marriage ,There are many Couple married Legally with Stupid and Abominable experiences. Court Marriage has nothing to do with the Essence of Marriage ,Argue with your Phone Keypad
Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by addictiv(m): 1:26am On Aug 20, 2020
It's just illiteracy or lack of knowledge that is disturbing some people. BTW it is the same marriage certificate that you get in church for Christian marriage (if your church is registered) that you will get at the registry for a court marriage. Even a traditional marriage can be regularised and recognised by law. A marriage certificate from the courts will not prevent a woman from being thrown out empty handed esp in Nigeria. However its only a heartless man that will kick out his wife without commensurate compensation. Truth is most women that want a registry wedding also want a big church and traditional wedding .. Best way out is to ask her to pick 2 only out of the 3 and promise to stick to those 2, then you ll see that she ll drop the idea of a court marriage which is actually the cheapest and most recognised.
Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by NoToPile: 6:28am On Aug 20, 2020
knowhowk:
. Non Negotiable for where , Na you make the law of Non Negotiable right ,Which non negotiable are you even talking about sef ,Go and start telling People that getting a Marriage legally backed by law is a must .Crap .It seems U are yet to go far if it's only on NL U see people debating this .Everyone with His or Her Decision and how they wish to leave there lives .Let Law stands on it own ,The law of the Country won't determine my own Love . Very strange you mentioned that it's an Abomination to marry without having a Legal backing ,says who ,Which people and who are those your friends that spewed that Funny talk sef .See am married and no Court Marriage ,Am enjoying the best of my marriage ,There are many Couple married Legally with Stupid and Abominable experiences. Court Marriage has nothing to do with the Essence of Marriage ,Argue with your Phone Keypad

You opened the thread to get diverse views/ opinion I believe ,you don't have to get emotional about my post and start resorting to subtle insults if you don't agree with me.

You should have read my post with understanding and I started with my extended family and friends and Yes the people I move with do not take such for granted. Never. So yes its non negotiable for us.

So what do you present as proof of marriage when you need to prove you are married

Did you at least register the trad marriage with the local govt and get a paper for it.

If you read my post well you will notice the point of view I am coming from which is - documentation, how on earth will someone get married and it won't be documented in this day and age? It doesn't make sense.

Hope you know that the church marriage you are talking about in the OP issues the same certificate with the court if the church is registered.

I know how many times I have had to present my wedding certificate ( govt issued) for one thing or the other what if I didn't have one.

You are mixing up marriage itself and the possible challenges attached with getting a document to show you are married - two different things entirely.

Yes I will tell people marriage backed by law is a must.

How will someone marry( the most important decision one will ever make) and not have an evidence that is acceptable, Its only on NL I see people saying all these things
Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by dan761(m): 8:28am On Aug 20, 2020
NoToPile:

You opened the thread to get diverse views/ opinion I believe ,you don't have to get emotional about my post and start resorting to subtle insults if you don't agree with me.

You should have read my post with understanding and I started with my extended family and friends and Yes the people I move with do not take such for granted. Never. So yes its non negotiable for us.

So what do you present as proof of marriage when you need to prove you are married

Did you at least register the trad marriage with the local govt and get a paper for it.

If you read my post well you will notice the point of view I am coming from which is - documentation, how on earth will someone get married and it won't be documented in this day and age? It doesn't make sense.

Hope you know that the church marriage you are talking about in the OP issues the same certificate with the court if the church is registered.

I know how many times I have had to present my wedding certificate ( govt issued) for one thing or the other what if I didn't have one.

You are mixing up marriage itself and the possible challenges attached with getting a document to show you are married - two different things entirely.

Yes I will tell people marriage backed by law is a must.

How will someone marry( the most important decision one will ever make) and not have an evidence that is acceptable, Its only on NL I see people saying all these things
. Oga You have mentioned Nonsense .I don't even know if you think at all before you type . Continue to run arround to tell people they must observe Court Marriage ,It's not by Force ,You are not an authority to issues out Command and orders to people on how they would live there life .I don't even know the essence of Discussing this .I am in firm support of Individual Decision .I am Married ,Believe it or not ,Very very Happy ,But I never observe any Court Marriage and I am not willing .What the hell is the Law Guiding my Marriage .The Law does not Determine who I Love ,Choose to Marry .Some would even say If U need to Travel Abroad with Family Marriage Certificate would help boost Ur Chances ,Can you imagine such a Selfish reason ,U go to Court so U won't be thrown out ,U go to Court for What self . If you like Come up with the Selfish reasons everyone must observe Court Marriage I Differ from it . The op ,God Go bless U Jare .Any man that agreed to be Pulled by force by a woman to Observe Court Marriage Can form Mugun .It's not be force ,It does not Guarantee Peace ,Unity ,Safety ,Progress and Joy in Marriage .Make I Waka for now and Wait for your Empty Command again ....Mtchew
Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by NoToPile: 8:38am On Aug 20, 2020
dan761:
. Oga You have mentioned Nonsense .I don't even know if you think at all before you type . Continue to run arround to tell people they must observe Court Marriage ,It's not by Force ,You are not an authority to issues out Command and orders to people on how they would live there life .I don't even know the essence of Discussing this .I am in firm support of Individual Decision .I am Married ,Believe it or not ,Very very Happy ,But I never observe any Court Marriage and I am not willing .What the hell is the Law Guiding my Marriage .The Law does not Determine who I Love ,Choose to Marry .Some would even say If U need to Travel Abroad with Family Marriage Certificate would help boost Ur Chances ,Can you imagine such a Selfish reason ,U go to Court so U won't be thrown out ,U go to Court for What self . If you like Come up with the Selfish reasons everyone must observe Court Marriage I Differ from it . The op ,God Go bless U Jare Any man that agreed to be Pulled by force by a woman to Observe Court Marriage Can form Mugun .It's not be force ,It does not Guarantee Peace ,Unity ,Safety ,Progress and Joy in Marriage .Make I Waka for now and Wait for your Empty Command again ....Mtchew

Phewwww

@bolded are you not the same person as the OP grin grin

If you can't understand that I am not even talking about all these things you mentioned up there except for documentation then there's no point.

Bye.

1 Like

Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by dan761(m): 8:46am On Aug 20, 2020
addictiv:
It's just illiteracy or lack of knowledge that is disturbing some people. BTW it is the same marriage certificate that you get in church for Christian marriage (if your church is registered) that you will get at the registry for a court marriage. Even a traditional marriage can be regularised and recognised by law. A marriage certificate from the courts will not prevent a woman from being thrown out empty handed esp in Nigeria. However its only a heartless man that will kick out his wife without commensurate compensation. Truth is most women that want a registry wedding also want a big church and traditional wedding .. Best way out is to ask her to pick 2 only out of the 3 and promise to stick to those 2, then you ll see that she ll drop the idea of a court marriage which is actually the cheapest and most recognised.
. Lies ,Most Women would Pick Registry / Court Marriage .Don't Cajole and Twist the whole thing all in the name of Illiteracy and literacy .Leave your home ,Go to Magistrates Court and Listen. to Matters of Divorces between once legally Married Couple and know experience of others .Don't just sit there and Use your Personal Knowledge to access Everyone. Marriage is not Limitations ,it's not a Prison Yard .I had a Church Marriage and told the Pastor I am not going to any Registry. We were Blessed ,It was a simple Ceremony and that is how I choose mine .I don't have to follow a Protocol Laid by anyone .I do not owe anyone the Responsibility to show any Registry Certificate .I have built a Comfortable 3 Bedroom flats ,two kids and just one wife ,I told my wife categorically I am not in for Court / registry marriage or whatever you Call it and for your Information ,I already made a video and audio and Documents record of my Will ,Kept it in the Bank and a Lawyer is aware of it .I Hate the Idea of Na so U go do am because Na so Dem dey do am ,Says who ? Court Marriage are for the Coward.
Re: Court Marriage : Why Are Some Women So Desperate And Bent On It. by dan761(m): 8:49am On Aug 20, 2020
NoToPile:

Phewwww

@bolded are you not the same person as the OP grin grin

If you can't understand that I am not even talking about all these things you mentioned up there except for documentation then there's no point.

Bye.
. Court Marriage is not a Must ! Simple .I am not the only one Against your mention.Dont look for Unnecessary Excuses .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairalanders Help My Female Friend / Wish Your Loved Nairalanders A Merry Xmas And Happy Newyear Through A Voicenote / His Sister Is Pregnant For A Guy, & has Moved To Join Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.