Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

ASUU Warns FG About School Reopening - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Warns FG About School Reopening (2400 Views)

FG Submits School Reopening Proposal To National Assembly / Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members / Sexual Harassment: You Will Pay Dearly If You Discredit Us, ASUU Warns Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Warns FG About School Reopening by Ijcharis(f): 9:25am On Aug 19, 2020
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has sent a note of warning to the Nigerian government concerning the reopening of schools.

The Union has, however, asked the Government to pay their outstanding salaries before talking on ending the strike.

This was made known at the unveiling of the union’s Universities Transparency and Accountability Solution at the University of Abuja on Tuesday.

Prof Biodun Ogunyemi, the National President of ASUU, said the move was key to further negotiations with the government over the ongoing industrial action.

"Members at the University of Maiduguri and the Michael Opara University of Agriculture have not been paid about five months’ salaries by the Accountant-General of the Federation on account of non-registration on the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System."

READ MORE UPDATES: https://news.1app.online/ASUU-warns-fg-about-school-reopening/

Re: ASUU Warns FG About School Reopening by swiz123(m): 9:27am On Aug 19, 2020
Truly, democracy is an expensive government
Re: ASUU Warns FG About School Reopening by otokx(m): 9:28am On Aug 19, 2020
enemies of progress

1 Like

Re: ASUU Warns FG About School Reopening by seankafor(m): 9:32am On Aug 19, 2020
But people dey carry rumours say schools go open on 7th September..

Mumu people angry
Re: ASUU Warns FG About School Reopening by Kpomosauce: 9:48am On Aug 19, 2020
grin
Re: ASUU Warns FG About School Reopening by Affable0709(m): 10:56am On Aug 19, 2020
I'm tired of tiredness.

The student in me is just 1%.

They don't care about us.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Warns FG About School Reopening by jUeLiZ: 10:59am On Aug 19, 2020
seankafor:
But people dey carry rumours say schools go open on 7th September..

Mumu people angry
guy i follow see the video for person watsapp status...nw dis one
Re: ASUU Warns FG About School Reopening by Adonis86(m): 11:10am On Aug 19, 2020
After the reggae plays the blues... � �
When Coro ends, na there ASUU go start. it took me almost five years to finish my masters in a Nigeria university due to ASUU. I still pay school fees for those wasted years... Nigeria lecturers are not born teachers, some of them just became teacher by accident, so our principal where had my nysc in osun state refer to lazy teachers as cheaters. Be a teacher not a cheater, he always emphasises... In unizik, some of the lecturers admitted they came from business world to join academics not because they love it, but for financial autonomy and job security.
Re: ASUU Warns FG About School Reopening by echizzy: 11:28am On Aug 19, 2020
Am I still a student?
Re: ASUU Warns FG About School Reopening by spy24(m): 11:35am On Aug 19, 2020
ASUU na scam

the money this people are making per semester for course registration alone is enough to pay their salaries not to talk of the acceptance fee they collect
from new entrants which is not even part of school fees

and yet they will be striking like say dem be lukaku
corrupt people
Re: ASUU Warns FG About School Reopening by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2020
ASUU again cry
Re: ASUU Warns FG About School Reopening by Aliyu10562: 1:48pm On Aug 19, 2020
I hope they will call off this strike by next month
Re: ASUU Warns FG About School Reopening by Puvo: 3:43pm On Aug 19, 2020
Adonis86:
After the reggae plays the blues... � �
When Coro ends, na there ASUU go start. it took me almost five years to finish my masters in a Nigeria university due to ASUU. I still pay school fees for those wasted years... Nigeria lecturers are not born teachers, some of them just became teacher by accident, so our principal where had my nysc in osun state refer to lazy teachers as cheaters. Be a teacher not a cheater, he always emphasises... In unizik, some of the lecturers admitted they came from business world to join academics not because they love it, but for financial autonomy and job security.

That's just the plain truth
I can attest to it
Re: ASUU Warns FG About School Reopening by paulolee(m): 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
jus soo bad...the Nigeria education sector is a big mess
Re: ASUU Warns FG About School Reopening by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
Some people don forget matric no sef

(1) (Reply)

Kids Seen Trying To Buy Something With Money Cut Out A Texbook. Pics And Video. / Is Abu Zaria Pume Result Out / The Best Project Management Training And Pmp Institute In Lagos Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.