Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,314 members, 7,864,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:32 PM

Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith (497 Views)

Blood Transfusion Scandal In The UK / Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died / Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by Amotolongbo(f): 5:29pm On Aug 19, 2020
A Twitter user has shared the plans of a man to sue a hospital that transfused blood for him without his consent.

The unidentified man was reportedly involved in an accident which almost took his life, but with the quick thinking of doctors at the hospital, he was saved after being transfused.

However, after he regained consciousness and was brought up to speed on what occurred, he threatened the hospital with a lawsuit, because they gave him blood which is against his faith.

A Twitter user with the handle, @Goddess_greyc shared the story on the micro-blogging platform.

She wrote:

“So this guy had an accident, almost lost his life, rushed to the hospital and was given some blood. He regained consciousness and became better. Now he wants to sue the doctor for giving him blood while he was unconscious, on the grounds that it’s against his faith.”

http://community.thenationonlineng.net/forum/man-to-sue-hospital-over-blood-transfusion-says-it-s-against-his-?xg_source=twitter

1 Like

Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by Amotolongbo(f): 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
However, after he regained consciousness and was brought up to speed on what occurred, he threatened the hospital with a lawsuit, because they gave him blood which is against his faith.
He is dumb and not serious with his faith.

If he is serious with his faith, he wouldn’t threaten the hospital with lawsuit, he would just lie on the hospital and tell the doctors and nurses to drain their blood transfused into him back.
Make he return their blood and stick to his fate

Perhaps he doesn’t have money to pay for his treatment and looking for a way to jump the payment.

2 Likes

Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by Righteousness89(m): 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
Let HIM First Thank God Almighty that He is alive to Sue..

Only the Living can Sue..

Somethings are not Neccessary..

The Bible is our Guide.. not What man invents..

1 Like

Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 19, 2020
Twitter and their tales by moonlight.

You might be thinking it's just for RT and you're having fun. But what lies birth can be beyond one's control
Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by espn(m): 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
Kikikikikikikikiki some religious nuisance will defend this.
Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by Amotolongbo(f): 5:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

But they also got their faith and the belief in the Bible?

1 Like

Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by samuelson06(m): 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
Even though the doctors were able to bring him back to life through blood transfusion, I think the man has every right to sue them. Blood transfusion has been one delicate matter in the world and most times, someone must sign for it before it's done. That's if the patient cannot give their consent like in this case.

Some people might prefer to die than take the blood of another person. I will prefer to die than take the blood of some Nigeria politicians or Boko Haram terrorists. Doctors must learn to seek the consent of patients directly or indirectly before giving them blood.
Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by samuelson06(m): 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

Respect their faith. Again, which scripture in the Bible support blood transfusion? Life is not about how long we live on earth but the quality of life that we live is all that matter.
Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by Righteousness89(m): 6:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
Amotolongbo:
But they also got their faith and the belief in the Bible?

The HolyBible is the Standard..
Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by Amotolongbo(f): 6:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

The HolyBible is the Standard..
Anything like unholy Bible?
Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by Nbotee(m): 6:58pm On Aug 19, 2020
He wants to sue the hospital for keeping him alive.. So blood transfusion is against his faith but going to court isn't
Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by adadike(f): 8:29pm On Aug 19, 2020
It's simple. He should donate the blood back to the hospital
Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by Unnerve: 9:00pm On Aug 19, 2020
Jehovah's Witness lipsrsealed
Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by Amotolongbo(f): 3:24pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by Powerexpert: 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2020
Story! story o!!
Let's see the suit first.
Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by knowhowk: 11:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
samuelson06:
Even though the doctors were able to bring him back to life through blood transfusion, I think the man has every right to sue them. Blood transfusion has been one delicate matter in the world and most times, someone must sign for it before it's done. That's if the patient cannot give their consent like in this case.

Some people might prefer to die than take the blood of another person. I will prefer to die than take the blood of some Nigeria politicians or Boko Haram terrorists. Doctors must learn to seek the consent of patients directly or indirectly before giving them blood.
. Seek the consents of a dying man indirectly .Asking a dying man who is unconscious the contact of a family member / friend to sign for him .Your comments rightly proves that many are really mad but few are Roaming the street Naked . Psychiatrist on the Platform pls.check this one .

2 Likes

Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by samuelson06(m): 1:25am On Aug 21, 2020
knowhowk:
. Seek the consents of a dying man indirectly .Asking a dying man who is unconscious the contact of a family member / friend to sign for him .Your comments rightly proves that many are really mad but few are Roaming the street Naked . Psychiatrist on the Platform pls.check this one .

Papa, calm down. I said some people may even prefer to die than accept blood. Now that the man is alive and isn't appreciating your 'gesture,' what do you do? Isn't the doctors the same people that wouldn't attend to a dying man because there's no one to deposit for his treatment? What if you end up giving the person the blood of a criminal and later he becomes a highway robber? Don't you think it would've have been better you allow him to die?
Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by knowhowk: 1:36am On Aug 21, 2020
samuelson06:

Papa, calm down. I said some people may even prefer to die than accept blood. Now that the man is alive and isn't appreciating your 'gesture,' what do you do? Isn't the doctors the same people that wouldn't attend to a dying man because there's no one to deposit for his treatment? What if you end up giving the person the blood of a criminal and later he becomes a highway robber? Don't you think it would've have been better you allow him to die?
. Habit / Character / Greediness / Wrong Attitudes of someone is different from the Blood in his body.A Criminal/ Armed robber blood does not meant that His the blood in him is a criminal too ,if such blood is transfused into another person ,It will never made him a Criminal please .There could be a Problem only when the blood of an Infected sick person with Serious infection like HIV etc is transfused into another person .But I know Medical doctors must have carried a test on someone before they gets his or her blood .I repeat you are very very wrong to let a Soul to die when such Soul can be saved with blood transfusion it's just unfortunate that the Person in question is either sick in his brain or his religious idealogy is sick

2 Likes

Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by juola(f): 6:40am On Aug 21, 2020
samuelson06:

What if you end up giving the person the blood of a criminal and later he becomes a highway robber? Don't you think it would've have been better you allow him to die?
Kikikikikiki. Hearing this for the first time. Better open your mind. And stop making a fool of yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by GumGum: 8:24am On Aug 21, 2020
samuelson06:

So to you, blood transfusion can cause one to take in the character of the donor?

You need to seek enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by samuelson06(m): 11:51am On Aug 21, 2020
knowhowk:
. Habit / Character / Greediness / Wrong Attitudes of someone is different from the Blood in his body.A Criminal/ Armed robber blood does not meant that His the blood in him is a criminal too ,if such blood is transfused into another person ,It will never made him a Criminal please .There could be a Problem only when the blood of an Infected sick person with Serious infection like HIV etc is transfused into another person .But I know Medical doctors must have carried a test on someone before they gets his or her blood .I repeat you are very very wrong to let a Soul to die when such Soul can be saved with blood transfusion it's just unfortunate that the Person in question is either sick in his brain or his religious idealogy is sick

I'm not against blood transfusion in its entirety but I'm only calling for caution. Health practitioners should seek the consent of the patient directly or indirectly except in rare cases as this.

I understand all you guys have said. However, I'll still seek more clarifications on transfer of characters or genetic characters that may be on the blood.

Thanks so much for the enlightenment. We learn everyday. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by Janosky: 11:16pm On Sep 04, 2020
Amotolongbo:

http://community.thenationonlineng.net/forum/man-to-sue-hospital-over-blood-transfusion-says-it-s-against-his-?xg_source=twitter

He has every right to sue the hospital if he wants.
His fundamental rights have been infringed on, by the hospital.
There are intricacies in the legal system which a lay man can't understand.
This issue is for the Court of Law to adjudge, your bigoted rants is of zero consequence.

If my comments give you sifia pains, na your wahala be that.
I have my say, you enjoy your sifia pains
Re: Man To Sue Hospital Over Blood Transfusion, Says It’s Against His Faith by Janosky: 11:17pm On Sep 04, 2020
samuelson06:

I'm not against blood transfusion in its entirety but I'm only calling for caution. Health practitioners should seek the consent of the patient directly or indirectly except in rare cases as this.

I understand all you guys have said. However, I'll still seek more clarifications on transfer of characters or genetic characters that may be on the blood.

Thanks so much for the enlightenment. We learn everyday. wink

Very valid point devoid of biased sentiments.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Cries Out For Justice After One Of Their Twin Daughters Died / Video Of A Cow Walking Majestically In A Hospital Ward / Tips For A Glowing Skin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.