Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear (14101 Views)

Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down / Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" / Real Reason Olori Wuraola Moved Out Of Ooni‘s Palace - ThisDayLive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by etokhana: 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
Against the backdrop of a minor fire outbreak which gutted a part of the administrative building with his palace compound on Wednesday, Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi has allayed public fear, saying his palace was not affected by the incident.

He said there is no need for panic, assuring that the fire incident was a minor one, that slightly razed a tiny part of one of the administrative buildings within the palace compound.

According to a press statement forwarded to the Tribune Online in Osogbo by Ooni’s director of media and public affairs, Comrade Moses Olafare, there was no cause for alarm as the monarch’s palace remains intact.

The statement reads “the Palace of the Ooni of Ife, Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II, wishes to inform the entire public that a minor fire outbreak involving a tiny part of one of the administrative buildings within the premises of the palace occurred at about 1:15 pm today, Wednesday 19th, August 2020, leaving no harm to the oldest palace in Yoruba land.”

“The minor inferno which lasted for about 20 minutes was immediately put out by collective efforts of people in the palace led by the Ooni’s Chief Security Officer, Mr Kolawole Emmanuel, later joined by men of the fire services from the state government, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife and Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital, Ile-Ife.”

“Aside from the fact that there was no causality whatsoever, the fire was just a minor occurrence which was nothing to be compared to the misleading huge pictures being painted in the media, particularly the social media.”

“While it is suspected to have emanated from an electric spark, measures are currently in place to reveal the cause of the inferno.”

We wish to thank men of the Osun State Fire service, Obafemi Awolowo University Fire Service and OAUTH Fire Service for their swift response, while efforts of well-meaning Nigerians who reached out to the Palace for objective analysis are equally appreciated.”

“Once again, the ancient palace of Ife remains as rich as before in culture, traditions and tourism”, the statement concluded.
https://tribuneonlineng.com/fire-outbreak-my-palace-is-intact-ooni-allays-public-fear/

7 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by Lanka00: 5:38pm On Aug 19, 2020
thank God

7 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by IamCookie(f): 5:40pm On Aug 19, 2020
Good to hear. Eniyan Funfun ...Ile funfun

13 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by Friendlyjoe: 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2020
Better.

I would 8 2 see anything bad happen to this good man.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by Abdulhakeem78(m): 5:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
The statement reads “the Palace of the Ooni of Ife, Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II, wishes to inform the entire public that a minor fire outbreak involving a tiny part of one of the administrative buildings within the premises of the palace occurred at about 1:15 pm today, Wednesday 19th, August 2020, leaving no harm to the oldest palace in Yoruba land.”

3 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by Abdulhakeem78(m): 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
[quote author=etokhana post=92998739]Against the backdrop of a minor fire outbreak which gutted a part of the administrative building with his palace compound on Wednesday, Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi has allayed public fear, saying his palace was not affected by the incident.

He said there is no need for panic, assuring that the fire incident was a minor one, that slightly razed a tiny part of one of the administrative buildings within the palace compound.

According to a press statement forwarded to the Tribune Online in Osogbo by Ooni’s director of media and public affairs, Comrade Moses Olafare, there was no cause for alarm as the monarch’s palace remains intact.

“The minor inferno which lasted for about 20 minutes was immediately put out by collective efforts of people in the palace led by the Ooni’s Chief Security Officer, Mr Kolawole Emmanuel, later joined by men of the fire services from the state government, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife and Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital, Ile-Ife.”

“Aside from the fact that there was no causality whatsoever, the fire was just a minor occurrence which was nothing to be compared to the misleading huge pictures being painted in the media, particularly the social media.”

“While it is suspected to have emanated from an electric spark, measures are currently in place to reveal the cause of the inferno.”

We wish to thank men of the Osun State Fire service, Obafemi Awolowo University Fire Service and OAUTH Fire Service for their swift response, while efforts of well-meaning Nigerians who reached out to the Palace for objective analysis are equally appreciated.”

“Once again, the ancient palace of Ife remains as rich as before in culture, traditions and tourism”, the statement concluded.
https://tribuneonlineng.com/fire-outbreak-my-palace-is-intact-ooni-allays-public-fear/

From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English in‧fer‧no /ɪnˈfɜːnəʊ $ -ɜːrnoʊ/ noun (plural infernos) [countable] 1 an extremely large and dangerous fire. Between the king's palace and the huge pictures from the people, one is actually misleading the public.

1 Like

Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by Turningmoon(f): 6:18pm On Aug 19, 2020
Ok
Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by Fheelzz(m): 5:31am On Aug 20, 2020
Since when as he given the msg cry
Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:32am On Aug 20, 2020
Even if the Palace was burnt down to ashes,
It would have come back to be a beauty to behold.
More beautiful than the present palace!
We grew up hearing this Yoruba proverb...

As the Yorubas will say ' Ile Oba t'o jo, Ewa lo busi.
The result of the King's palace burning, is (the creation of) an even more beautiful palace.

Long live the King.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:33am On Aug 20, 2020
Friendlyjoe:
Better.

I would 8-2 see anything bad happen to this good man.
Leave Messi alone biko.
E don do! cool
We sef we start am for Nairaland don tire after 5 days!
Even Bayern sef don move on straight to the final with another 3.0

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by VirginSearcher(m): 5:33am On Aug 20, 2020
Not important, if fire likes let it burn the palace e no concern us
Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by IamWonderful: 5:34am On Aug 20, 2020
Thank GOD

1 Like

Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by DontBullshitMe: 5:34am On Aug 20, 2020
No one cares, Daddy Ooni. tongue
Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by mosuncool: 5:36am On Aug 20, 2020
That one sure now...no be ooni palace; arole oduduwa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by WowSweetGuy(m): 5:37am On Aug 20, 2020
ok
Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by 12345baba(m): 5:38am On Aug 20, 2020
Who cares? Our Yam eaters
Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by Gkay1(m): 5:39am On Aug 20, 2020
no problem,
good morning guys, thank God lastnight was not our last night.

1 Like

Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by VirginSearcher(m): 5:48am On Aug 20, 2020
post=93013638:

[s]1. Please post all threads in the right section, and don't derail threads by posting off topic.

Next time, you will learn to keep your daily Rubbish to politics section!

We will continue to remain sane on this forum cos of the foreigners coming to this forum, so they won't think all Nigerians are this slow!
[/s]
We Rise
Be shouting Mods name unnecessarily you don't even know when they should be called Zombie!

1 Like

Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by Niccoloimhotep: 5:58am On Aug 20, 2020
wink
Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:06am On Aug 20, 2020
Once again, the ancient palace of Ife remains as rich as before in culture, traditions and tourism”, the statement concluded.

END OF THREAD! cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by Savaaage: 6:25am On Aug 20, 2020
Thank God!
Re: Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear by jubrilELsudan: 6:32am On Aug 20, 2020
LIKE WHO CARES? HOW DOES THE FIRE AFFECT THE PRICE OF KUKUNASE?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Origin Of The 4 Market Days In Igboland / Should Nigerians Be Proud Of Speaking Pidgin English? / Your View about Nigerians Who Travel To USA To Give Birth For USA Citizenship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.