Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Arsenal Vs Barca Who Passes The Ball Beta - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Vs Barca Who Passes The Ball Beta (1300 Views)

El Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barca [0 - 2] on Sat, 10th April / Real Madrid(2) Vs Barca(6) On Saturday 2nd May: Live / Chelsea Vs Barca Who Will Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Vs Barca Who Passes The Ball Beta by Brisingr(m): 5:53am On Feb 17, 2011
well as for me i'll go with arsenal dere passing is direct
Re: Arsenal Vs Barca Who Passes The Ball Beta by BinghiNya(m): 11:52am On Feb 17, 2011
Barcelona pass better. yesterday's starts says barca 66% arsenal 34%
Re: Arsenal Vs Barca Who Passes The Ball Beta by montelik(m): 3:37pm On Feb 17, 2011
^^^^ and Arsenal were d home team.
Re: Arsenal Vs Barca Who Passes The Ball Beta by amurx(m): 6:04pm On Feb 21, 2011
BinghiNya:

Barcelona pass better. yesterday's starts says barca 66% arsenal 34%
eeehn!!!
Re: Arsenal Vs Barca Who Passes The Ball Beta by sweetguy10(m): 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2011
Barcelona altogether completed about 712 passes in which Xavi hernandez commandeered about 112 in it , Wilshere, fabregas and nasri's pass all joined together could not match his own . I'm worried about Messi at the moment , he seems to be fighting something that's not letting him play well , it showed vividly in the game against Blbao yesterday night , it was when they equalized that he picked form and our defense is so weak .We need Puyol so urgently now .
Re: Arsenal Vs Barca Who Passes The Ball Beta by Ifedisky(m): 4:20pm On Feb 23, 2011
Barca are streets ahead of any Team in the world when it comes to passing. Their efficiency is open to question though. I think, going by the last game, that Arsenal's passing is more efficient.
Re: Arsenal Vs Barca Who Passes The Ball Beta by AjanleKoko: 5:51pm On Feb 23, 2011
Both team pass the ball well, but have very different approaches to the game.
Arsenal have the passing efficiency coupled with the English-style of direct long balls to the flank or down the middle, while Barca use the tiki-taka (short passes to the uninitiated) while moving the players and the ball around, changing positions rapidly, the Dutch-style total football.

Short passes will ultimately result in more possession, and it will help make the pitch smaller to the opposition. Barca has improved on the Holland approach with their intense pressing, ensuring that the opposition hardly has space to find a long pass. Of course long passes are far more difficult to get right, with 3 or 4 men crowding you out. Ultimately, without the ball, you are likely to lose the game.

Arsenal look like the 1998 France WC-winning team. Lots of long passes, highly technical build-up, and a lot of great pacey soccer. Add that approach to the pace at which the game is played these days, and you can grow into a very lethal team. I think in the next one or two years, Arsenal will grow into a fantastic side if they can keep their group together. Similar to the first Wenger generation.

Barca look like the Holland team of that tournament. If anybody remembers the Holland game against Mexico in the group stages of France '98 (first half), you'll know what I am saying. They literally blew Mexico away with two crack goals, but guess what, they went to sleep in the second half and Mexico was able to pull both goals back. To play like that, you need to play with a supernatural intensity, because you must surely lose concentration at some point. That's what killed Holland ultimately in that World Cup.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Betting Site Is Growing And Paying / Juventus' Vucinic Goes Naked To Celebrate Goal(photo) / "We'll Trash Barca" - David Beckam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.