Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,985 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out (925 Views)

I Can't Believe The Anglican Church Was Created Because Of One Man's Lust. / Plateau Killings: Pastor And His Wife Cry As His Church Was Burned Down / Death And Hell Was Cast Into Lake Of Fire Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:40am On Aug 20, 2020
When i said last year that the church, which ought to be the salt of the earth, had lost it savor, taking it a step further by saying the church was dead since the life of the salt lies in its savor, it drew the ire of many NL christians who thought I didn't know what I was talking about. But this year right what they didn't believe with their hearts, they saw with their eyes, as the church was treated as good for nothings in the respect of covid-19, as they were cast out of church buildings, and trodden under the foot of men as Jesus said would happen to salt that has lost its savor.

"if the salt loses its savor, it was no longer good for anything but to be cast out and trodden under the foot of men." Matthew 5:13

But instead of the church and her leaders humbling themselves before God and asking where they may have gone wrong that the church would be considered so useless and good for nothings in the sight of men regarding Covid-19, so that they can correct it, many of them are busy pointing accusing fingers at the government and calling it persecution, as though they were the only ones placed under such ban.

The decision taken by the government to ban such gatherings was obviously a measure they deemed necessary to help contain the spread of the virus in the nation. And if the results were anything to go by, it seemed to work, as at the time the church was yet gathering, the cases and deaths from covid-19 were on the rise, but it was after the ban was placed on church gatherings that the cases and deaths began to reduce to the point that the government now thought it wise to begin the gradual easing of the measures up to the point now that the ban placed on the church gatherings has been lifted.

Furthermore, the church was not the only religious body that were banned by the government from meeting, as it also affected the Muslims. Some other institutions like schools, businesses, markets, hotels, etc. were also placed under such bans. Moreover the measures taken by the government were not exclusive to this nation, as they were similar to those taken by the governments of virtually any nation on Earth where covid-19 had made landfall and was spreading. So it appears this idea of some that the church was being targeted and persecuted by the government lacked any kind of merit.

But why would God allow the church to suffer such humiliation that the closure of its church buildings didn't have any negative impact on the situation in the nation, but instead appeared to help contain the spread of Covid-19, as though the church was useless to the nation?

In those days, when the people of Israel, God's people had deviated from the purpose for which God had chosen them and became something else, God would use men to cast them out of their land, and their land would be rendered desolate for a while before they could be able to return back to their land.

In a way, that's similar to what happened to the church, as they were cast out by men and their church buildings were rendered desolate for several months for the first time in living history before they could return.

So perhaps the church and her leaders ought to start looking inwards instead of elsewhere for who to apportion blame.

A word is enough for the wise.

God bless.

3 Likes

Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by bernard1000001(m): 7:41am On Aug 20, 2020
a
Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:55pm On Aug 20, 2020
I also said last year that the church buildings were marching on but not the church, because the increase in sizes of church buildings was not an indication of church growth and progress, but just that of church buildings since church growth was not about buildings but that of the spiritual growth of the individuals who make up the church. And the idea was rubbished by those who saw such as an indication of church growth and that the church was marching on, some even claimed that I was only being jealous.

But then this year, the same church buildings despite their enormous sizes were closed down for several months that the church had to settle for virtual meetings.

So for those who saw the increase of the sizes of church buildings as a measure of church growth and an indication that the church was marching on, was the church still growing and marching on or not while those said church buildings were empty for several months?

A word is enough for the wise.

God bless.

Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:33am On Aug 21, 2020
I warned them but they wouldn't listen.
Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:51am On Aug 22, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
I warned them but they wouldn't listen.
Til they were cast out and trodden under the feet of men just as Jesus said of salt that had lost its savor.
Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:30am On Aug 22, 2020
Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by bernard1000001(m): 2:09pm On Aug 22, 2020
jesusjnr2020:

since it didn't get to FP I kuku no bother to update am my broda no be my fault
Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:04am On Aug 23, 2020
bernard1000001:

lol! cheesy

Maybe today go be your lucky day!

1 Like

Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
He that has ears let him hear what the Spirit of the Lord is saying to the church.
Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
bernard1000001:

grin grin hahahaha lol
Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:18am On Aug 25, 2020
Warning signs!!!
Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2020
For how long would the church keep hardening her heart against the Truth?
Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by dermmy(m): 2:07pm On Aug 26, 2020
jesusjnr2020:

where have you been jesusjnr?
why did you deactivate your former account?
Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:12pm On Aug 26, 2020
dermmy:

where have you been jesusjnr?
why did you deactivate your former account?
I've been good thanks.

I a bet lol! So I had to keep my word.

But i'm back and better.
Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by dermmy(m): 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
I've been good thanks.
I a bet lol! So I had to keep my word.
But i'm back and better.
Welcome back

1 Like

Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:18am On Aug 27, 2020
dermmy:

Welcome back
Thanks bro.
Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:37am On Aug 28, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
How long?
Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:20am On Aug 29, 2020
The church has lost its savor.
Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by OpenYourEyes1: 10:30am On Aug 29, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
The church has lost its savor.
May I know which Church you are referring to? The body of CHRIST?
Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

May I know which Church you are referring to? The body of CHRIST?
The one Jesus said was the salt of the Earth which could lose its savor.

The one which He also said was His bride, His sheep, His branches but never His body, because went to heaven with His body. So the body of Christ is in Heaven not on Earth.
Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by OpenYourEyes1: 3:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
The one Jesus said was the salt of the Earth which could lose its savor.

The one which He also said was His bride, His sheep, His branches but never His body, because went to heaven with His body. So the body of Christ is in Heaven not on Earth.

You are blaspheming my friend.
If husband and wife (bride) are joined together , they become one body.
The holy members of the church are the branches, joined to the body of CHRIST (the Church). CHRIST lives in us. HE is everywhere.

The Church is the Body of CHRIST.
Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

You are blaspheming my friend.
If husband and wife (bride) are joined together , they become one body.
The holy members of the church are the branches, joined to the body of CHRIST (the Church). CHRIST lives in us. HE is everywhere.

The Church is the Body of CHRIST.
Blasphaming against who? You?

You're the one blaspheming against Christ! You're saying what Christ never said of His church and equating Christ's body to the church is tantamount to blasphemy. Christ's body is spotless without sin and imperfections and can never be detached from Him, but the church as His sheep, branches, bride can.

So to call the church the body of Christ is blasphemy, and anytime you do so, you blaspheme against Christ's body!

Husbands and wife (bride) when joined together become one body, but there's never a time when the wife becomes the body of the husband, but just a part of His body which is dispensable and therefore can be detached at anytime through separation or divorce.

That is what the church is to Jesus, they can become separated and divorced depending on how obedient or disobedient the bride was to her Bridegroom, which is Jesus, as was illustrated by parable of the foolish virgins.

That is also the same principle that applies to His sheep and His branches, as they ought to hear His voice and abide in His Words respectively, otherwise they'd become lost or detached from the Shepherd and the Vine respectively. But Christ's body can never be detached from Him, never! Even at His death it was mandatory that none of His bones or body was broken and separated from Him as those of the other thieves.

So He died and was buried with His body intact, and resurrected with the full compliment of His body, as they're eternally inseparable. Hence He never on any occasion said the church was His body despite all the parables He gave, since His church could be separated from Him, but never His body. Therefore to illustrate the church as the body of Christ would be erroneous.

So for anyone to call the church which can be separated from Christ the body of Christ which Christ Himself never did is blasphemous.

That's blasphemy is the basis of your error here, you equate the church to the body of Christ, hence that it cannot lose its savor.
Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:13am On Sep 18, 2020
Wake up church!
Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by CodeTemplar: 7:03am On Oct 01, 2020
Moróns think the church is crumbling. souls are getting saved, churches are opening.

Judas stole under Jesus and it never impeded the ministry of Jesus so it takes only a móron to assume thieving pastors under a ministry can crumble the ministry.
Re: Last Year I Said The Church Had Lost It Savor, This Year The Church Was Cast Out by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Moróns think the church is crumbling. souls are getting saved, churches are opening.

Judas stole under Jesus and it never impeded the ministry of Jesus so it takes only a móron to assume thieving pastors under a ministry can crumble the ministry.
An unrepentant mammon worshipper among those who have made the church to be saltless, and hence to be cast out of church buildings and trodden under the feet of men, as salt that's lost its savor, here trying to justify himself in futility.

If Jesus were here, His church would not be cast out of its building because of Covid-19, but it would be observed as the healing center of the world where all nations and peoples of the Earth would come get healed.

That's a church that serves its purpose as the salt of the Earth not this dead/savorless one which has been taking over by the tares down by the devil.

(1) (Reply)

God's Not Dead, He's Living On The Inside; Roaring Like A Lion! / Working On Your Confidence / Key Facts About God's Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.