Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K (2380 Views)

No Car Brand Or Model Is BAD. Do You AGREE Or DISAGREE With That? / Li Xang: A Chinese Car With A Sleek Design And Amazing Features / Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by MeshachMARTINS(m): 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2020
You know how those sport cars in fast & furious or need for speed look like right? Now imagine you can get a car that looks like that for less than a million naira. Yes you read it right, less than a million naira. Well Is this possible, or it's just fantasy? I'm a huge fan of car pimping and custom nd I think this is very possible if you follow these steps(these are my opinions tho, nd am open to learn from your comments)

To start with,
Keep in mind that our max budget here is 1million naira, and when it comes to getting a car, You would hardly get a toks sedan car for even 1.1m especially something that looks a lil bit recent like from a 2006 model upward, you can't even get any Toyota for than amount.
What to do? Go for a Naija used car, don't go for a toyota especially Corolla since they tend to be overpriced in Nigeria. There is a cheaper and better alternative with parts as available as a toyota, durable and cost of maintenance is relatively very low, am talking about a Honda. I won't advice you go for an accord, but go for something smaller & fuel efficient, a CIVIC. Honda Civic is very underrated and therefore making it have low resale value, and that's the good news. You can actually get Naija used 2006-07 Honda Civic that's in a good working condition for less than 800k, there are lot of ads on jiji nd even nairaland for 700k. Make sure when you want to purchase the car, you go with your trusted mechanic for thorough inspection. You shouldn't have a problem with body scratch & cosmetics, or worn tyres(since it's Naija used) just Make sure the can engine is in very very good shape.

1 Like

Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by MeshachMARTINS(m): 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
Now that you gotten your Honda Civic, second step is getting all it's paper work done & fixing all it's issue(if present). Fixes could be from changing brake pads, to suspensions, to body or interior dents, anything possibly wrong. And for this we are laying out 100k

Then get a new set of tyres, most especially a 205/60/16R tokubo tyres so as to increase the car ground clearance for bad roads. Each cost 15k & you can buy from gazzuz. So for that, we are dropping 60k

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by MeshachMARTINS(m): 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
After that, make sure you've already ordered a gt sport spoiler wing to spice up the look of your civic, they only costs roughly 45k on jumia including shipping(delivery 20-30days), or a smaller wing from AliExpress for 28k(pictures below). Also with the wing, order a side body decal vinyl (see pictures below) and glow tape for diy interior design, they all cost only 10k incl shipping, and now your car should be looking like what was brought of from a need for speed most wanted video game.

2 Likes

Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by MeshachMARTINS(m): 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
Before applying the decal, its better to give your car a full oven baked body spray to make it look like something coming out of a factory. You can spray the body metallic white & the roof black. You can also give them your spoiler wing to spray its white, leaving the bars black and also to help you fix it on the car. You can also choose to spray your rim black and have a white ring of spray paint around it to give it that sporty look all these should cost 50k max(some do also help you fix body dents for free)

2 Likes

Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by MeshachMARTINS(m): 1:14pm On Aug 20, 2020
Don't forget to buy a seat cover, they should cost 20k

Ok now bring out your calculators let's calculate how much we've spent so far

Nigeria used Honda Civic 2006-08 - 700k
17" Tyres 15k each - 60k from gazzuz
Gt spoiler - 45k
Oven baked spray/body work+rim spray - 50k
Vinyl Decal+glow tape - 10k
Car seat - 20k
Papers and minor fix - 100k

Bringing us to a sum of N985,000

You see... Not even up to a million yet, and your car is already turning heads cheesy lol ..

To finish everything, you can add underglow light to your tyres and tint your glass, but na your choice Sha cheesy

Please drop your thoughts am willing to learn

1 Like

Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by MeshachMARTINS(m): 1:17pm On Aug 20, 2020
Word from dru23

1 Like

Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by nurey(m): 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2020
you remember those teen days when black and white TV was the order, well here is one for your right up an advert proverb.

"if no be Panadol, he no fit be like Panadol" grin

1 Like

Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:02am On Aug 21, 2020
nurey:
you remember those teen days when black and white TV was the order, well here is one for your right up an advert proverb.

"if no be Panadol, he no fit be like Panadol" grin
but these is another saying "if you no fit buy iPhone, buy redmi install gcam" cheesy

2 Likes

Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:17am On Aug 21, 2020
Lol, this guy. At the end of the day you're still in a Civic.

You know the only thing worse than a Civic? A riced Civic. And a Corolla, of course.

4 Likes

Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by mejai(m): 11:03am On Aug 21, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
Lol, this guy. At the end of the day you're still in a Civic.

You know the only thing worse than a Civic? A riced Civic. And a Corolla, of course.

Abeg, abeg, jiri ya nwayo. Laff wan kill me.
Na just the problem with all these so called low or cheap pimping. grin

1 Like

Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:05am On Aug 21, 2020
mejai:

Abeg, abeg, jiri ya nwayo. Laff wan kill me.
Na just the problem with all these so called low or cheap pimping. grin

grin

Not sure why anyone would want to mess up their car like that. The Civic is already a great car. Why try to make it into something it's not?

3 Likes

Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by mejai(m): 11:08am On Aug 21, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

grin

Not sure why anyone would want to mess up their car like that. The Civic is already a great car. Why try to make it into something it's not?
Butterfly thinking it is a bird. When a real racing car over takes without looking back, they will start preaching on why one shouldn't be on speed. Where are we rushing too? Shebi if police stop you, I will be at your back.
Ndi ala !

2 Likes

Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:37pm On Aug 21, 2020
Seem una no dey get my point o
Just Like if a young person want to flex his or her car on a budget
Oya pick one, same price grin
Cc Heavenlybang mejai nurey

7 Likes

Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2020
MeshachMARTINS:

The second one. There's a fine line between making your car look good and ricing it out, though. Things like wings are rice.

1 Like

Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by nurey(m): 7:51am On Aug 22, 2020
MeshachMARTINS:
Seem una no dey get my point o Just Like if a young person want to flex his or her car on a budget .. Oya pick one, same price grin Cc Heavenlybang mejai nurey
none, here in farm plantation we don't drive, we ride till we die grin
Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:59am On Aug 22, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

The second one. There's a fine line between making your car look good and ricing it out, though. Things like wings are rice.
ok now I get your point, but I won't really call the wing a rice since it's not unnecessarily huge and we do know wings do add some little things to a car like reducing it's drag, slight increase of fuel efficiency, and prevent car from lifting off when at high speed or turning. But it not like you'd be racing or doing drift nd sharp turns with the car in Lagos traffic and Nigeria bad roads, with an engine that doesn't have up to 200hp lol, so calling the wing a rice is acceptable grin . What I would call a rice here is the vinyl sticker ND the light. You can choose to or not to add a wing, but to me, I don't really like cars that doesn't have wing, maybe it's because I prefer to watch car sports to football.. lol smiley
Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by MeshachMARTINS(m): 10:04am On Aug 22, 2020
nurey:

none, here in farm plantation we don't drive, we ride till we die grin
*Sudden confusion*

Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:05am On Aug 22, 2020
MeshachMARTINS:
ok now I get your point, but I won't really call the wing a rice since it's not unnecessarily huge and we do know wings do add some little things to a car like reducing it's drag, slight increase of fuel efficiency, and prevent car from lifting off when at high speed or turning. But it not like you'd be racing or doing drift nd sharp turns with the car in Lagos traffic and Nigeria bad roads, with an engine that doesn't have 200hp lol, so calling the wing a rice is acceptable grin . What I would call a rice here is the vinyl sticker ND the light. You can choose to or not to add a wing, but to me, I don't really like cars that doesn't have wing, maybe it's because I prefer to watch car sports to football.. lol smiley

A small rear spoiler is better. Wings are obnoxious. Nothing wrong with a decal, I have one on my car.

3 Likes

Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by tmanis(m): 11:39pm On Aug 22, 2020
Don’t let this distract you from the fact that Hector is going to be running three Honda civics with spoon engines, and on top of that, he just went into Harry’s and bought three t66 turbos with nos, and a motec exhaust system. cool
Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by MeshachMARTINS(m): 12:40pm On Aug 23, 2020
tmanis:
Don’t let this distract you from the fact that Hector is going to be running three Honda civics with spoon engines, and on top of that, he just went into Harry’s and bought three t66 turbos with nos, and a motec exhaust system. cool
lol .. I saw what you did there grin
Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by adanny01(m): 1:13pm On Aug 23, 2020
MeshachMARTINS:
Now that you gotten your Honda Civic, second step is getting all it's paper work done & fixing all it's issue(if present). Fixes could be from changing brake pads, to suspensions, to body or interior dents, anything possibly wrong. And for this we are laying out 100k

Then get a new set of tyres, most especially a 225/50R17inch tokubo tyres so as to increase the car ground clearance for bad roads. Each cost 15k & you can buy from gazzuz. So for that, we are dropping 60k

The civic doesn't come with R17 so your budget in that regards would be something for R15 or 16.
Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by adanny01(m): 1:18pm On Aug 23, 2020
MeshachMARTINS:

I will pick the stock anyday anytime.
Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by tmanis(m): 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2020
grin grin grin
MeshachMARTINS:
lol .. I saw what you did there grin
Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by Slickleo: 8:31pm On Aug 24, 2020
adanny01:

The civic doesn't come with R17 so your budget in that regards would be something for R15 or 16.
It comes with r17 215/45r17 stock for SI bt am not sure 225/50r17 would fit personally I would love it to fit
Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by adanny01(m): 8:34pm On Aug 24, 2020
Slickleo:

It comes with r17 215/45r17 stock for SI bt am not sure 225/50r17 would fit personally I would love it to fit

Am sure you won't find Si for the price you budgeted.
Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by nurey(m): 10:25am On Aug 25, 2020
adanny01:

Am sure you won't find Si for the price you budgeted.
maybe he is looking for a deadbeat Si grin
Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by Slickleo: 8:21pm On Aug 25, 2020
MeshachMARTINS:

Then get a new set of tyres, most especially a 225/50R17inch tokubo tyres so as to increase the car ground clearance for bad roads. Each cost 15k & you can buy from gazzuz. So for that, we are dropping 60k

Hv u tried the 225/60r17 Tyres on 8th Gen Civic
Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:29pm On Aug 25, 2020
Slickleo:

Hv u tried the 225/60r17 Tyres on 8th Gen Civic
nop

Re: POSSIBLE? FROM NO CAR TO NEW SPORT LOOKING CAR WITH JUST N985K by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:08pm On Mar 09, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Let's Learn More About Automobiles / My Car Has Been Acting Up. . . . Help? / Tale Of A "Witty" First Time Car Buyer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.