Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,772 members, 7,837,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / . (2904 Views)

How Do I Recover My Stolen Certificates Found With A Smuggler In Lagos? / "How N37k Was Debited From My Bank Account Through My Stolen Phone" (Photos) / How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by 7victor(m): 6:22pm On Aug 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: . by daddymummy(m): 8:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
He that buys stolen cert.Would'nt he be caught since the name on the cert is not the name he is known by?.
7victor:

I heard that people's certificates are being stolen and sold in the open market for others to buy and use same for job hunting.

So be wary.
Re: . by 7victor(m): 8:21pm On Aug 20, 2020
daddymummy:
He that buys stolen cert.Would'nt he be caught since the name on the cert is not the name he is known by?.

Well I know that not every one who is currently working is using his/her real certificates.

Some are using someone's certificates and bearing the person's name.

Some people in an extended family all use one person's certificates.

Like if the person is the only one that is a graduate in the family,

all his/her cousins and relatives will be using that same person's certificates to work.

Some people share their certificates with their friends.

When going for interview/verification,he/she will go with his/her friend's certificates.

In that case,they will all be bearing the same name while all working in different places.

The difficulty will only be encountered if they all have interview/verification at the same time.
Re: . by daddymummy(m): 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2020
Is this really true?
7victor:

Well I know that not every one who is currently working is using his/her real certificates.

Some are using someone's certificates and bearing the person's name.

Some people in an extended family all use one person's certificates.

Like if the person is the only one that is a graduate in the family,

all his/her cousins and relatives will be using that same person's certificates to work.

Some people share their certificates with their friends.

When going for interview/verification,he/she will go with his/her friend's certificates.

In that case,they will all be bearing the same name while all working in different places.

The difficulty will only be encountered if they all have interview/verification at the same time.
Re: . by uglodoh(f): 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2020
daddymummy:
Is this really true?
Not far from the truth. A lazy cousin of mine did ask of my Certificate.
Re: . by 7victor(m): 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2020
daddymummy:
Is this really true?

I wish the government will investigate this issue,

so that at the end this truth must not only be unraveled,but must be seen to be unraveled.

At the end of the investigation,

this truth must not only be brought to light,but must also appear to have been brought to light.
Re: . by daddymummy(m): 9:33pm On Aug 20, 2020
Ok. Nothing is impossible in nigeria sha

uglodoh:

Not far from the truth. A lazy cousin of mine did ask of my Certificate.
Re: . by daddymummy(m): 9:34pm On Aug 20, 2020
7victor:

I wish the government will investigate this issue,

so that at the end this truth must not only be unraveled,but must be seen to be unraveled.

At the end of the investigation,

this truth must not only be brought to light,but must also appear to have been brought to light.
Re: . by daddymummy(m): 10:35am On Aug 21, 2020
How were you able to get your certificates particularly the BSc and NYSC
Re: . by 7victor(m): 10:48am On Aug 21, 2020
daddymummy:
How were you able to get your certificates particularly the BSc and NYSC

How to get the certified true copy of a missing BSc certificate:

When one gets to the university he or she graduated from,

they will ask him/her to apply for a certified true copy.

The heading of the letter will be 'Letter of application to be given attestation in lieu of the certificate'

(That was how the school told me to caption the letter)

The person will apply and attach therewith the photocopies of the missing original BSc certificate,police report and court affidavit

The school will then stamp the photocopy of the BSc certificate with their stamp bearing "Certified True Copy"

It can then be used as original.

As for the NYSC certificate, you go to the state that you served and collect a letter from their NYSC secretariat.

You take it to National NYSC secretariat in Abuja(Gowon House) and you will be given a replacement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by daddymummy(m): 11:06am On Aug 21, 2020
7victor:

How to get the certified true copy of a missing BSc certificate:

When one gets to the university he or she graduated from,

they will ask him/her to apply for a certified true copy.

The heading of the letter will be 'Letter of application to be given attestation in lieu of the certificate'

(That was how the school told me to caption the letter)

The person will apply and attach therewith the photocopies of the missing original BSc certificate,police report and court affidavit

The school will then stamp the photocopy of the BSc certificate with their stamp bearing "Certified True Copy"

It can then be used as original.

As for the NYSC certificate, you go to the state that you served and collect a letter from their NYSC secretariat.

You take it to National NYSC secretariat in Abuja(Gowon House) and you will be given a replacement.

At least those replacements are manageable instead of staying without any thing to show for your education.
Re: . by 7victor(m): 11:36am On Aug 21, 2020
daddymummy:

At least those replacements are manageable instead of staying without any thing to show for your education.

Exactly my brother.

(1) (Reply)

2 Police Van Burnt, Police Flee As Protest Turned Violent / Man Kill His 29-year-old Girlfriend, Dumps Her Corpse In His House In Edo (pix) / Moment Bodies Of Three Children Were Discovered In A Freezer In Enugu (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.