Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

I'm Considering Reverting My Car To Factory Settings, Any Negative Effects. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I'm Considering Reverting My Car To Factory Settings, Any Negative Effects. (563 Views)

I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think? / When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. / Lady Buys A New Car To Celebrate Her 24th Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Considering Reverting My Car To Factory Settings, Any Negative Effects. by EXICON(m): 9:33am On Aug 21, 2020
Hello House,

I have a Toyota Corolla 2002 model i recently bought. I scanned it and it gave the error in the pix attached. (FYI, this is the only error code it gives, i have scanned many times)

I am considering reverting it to factory settings - installation of thermostat and disconnecting the direct fan to the battery which was done by the previous user. But my fears are:

1. Does this have any negative effects?

2. What should i watch out for and prevent in advance ?(though a professional is handling the work for me)

3. Any other advice or tips ?

I will really appreciate candid opinions from car gurus here and those who have reveted their cars to factory settings and the experience they have.

Thanks a lot fam.

cc GAZZUZZ
nurey
costee
kingreign
otthers

Re: I'm Considering Reverting My Car To Factory Settings, Any Negative Effects. by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 21, 2020
Revert your cooling system to factory settings ASAP, fill up your radiator with the manufacturer recommended coolant and enjoy your ride. There are no negative effects to that.
Re: I'm Considering Reverting My Car To Factory Settings, Any Negative Effects. by adesanyadotun: 12:23pm On Aug 21, 2020
DonDemu:
Revert your cooling system to factory settings ASAP, fill up your radiator with the manufacturer recommended coolant and enjoy your ride. There are no negative effects to that.
To fill up radiator with coolant may take much litres. Can it be mixed with clean water.
Re: I'm Considering Reverting My Car To Factory Settings, Any Negative Effects. by EXICON(m): 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2020
DonDemu:

Alright bro. Thanks

So, i should vacuum up the water in it already and put only recommended coolant?

How many liters please?
Re: I'm Considering Reverting My Car To Factory Settings, Any Negative Effects. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 21, 2020
adesanyadotun:

To fill up radiator with coolant may take much litres. Can it be mixed with clean water.
Well, that will depend if the coolant is pre-mixed or not. If it is, it shouldn't be mixed with water as it has already been mixed by its manufacturer. The most important thing is to get the manufacturer recommended coolant for your car's make. From there you check if it comes pre-mixed or not. Good luck
Re: I'm Considering Reverting My Car To Factory Settings, Any Negative Effects. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2020
EXICON:

Alright bro. Thanks

So, i should vacuum up the water in it already and put only recommended coolant?

How many liters please?
Yes pls. The number of liters will depend on your radiator capacity. Make sure you fill it to the recommended guage.
Re: I'm Considering Reverting My Car To Factory Settings, Any Negative Effects. by ksmart027(m): 2:50pm On Aug 21, 2020
and remember to bleed the system when you are done
Re: I'm Considering Reverting My Car To Factory Settings, Any Negative Effects. by EXICON(m): 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2020
ksmart027:
and remember to bleed the system when you are done
Alright bro.
Re: I'm Considering Reverting My Car To Factory Settings, Any Negative Effects. by EXICON(m): 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2020
DonDemu:
Yes pls. The number of liters will depend on your radiator capacity. Make sure you fill it to the recommended guage.
Alright bro

(1) (Reply)

Which Model And Price / Who Goes First? / See All The Frsc Approved List Of Requirements In A Motor Vehicle (automobile)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.