Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,428 members, 7,864,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:40 AM

These Banks Are Coded Thieves - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / These Banks Are Coded Thieves (4896 Views)

How Come The Banks Are Not Cooperating With The Early Payment Of Salaries? / Top 5 Recruitment Agencies For Most Nigeria Banks. / The First Banks Digital Geek Recruitment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Banks Are Coded Thieves by Goalnaldo(m): 5:02pm On Aug 21, 2020
Just an hour ago, I sent my bank statement via my mobile app to my email because I needed it to verify my identity. The bank statement I saw indicated I had a balance of #2270 whereas the email alert and text message alert I got and even the account balance in the app showed #1782 . So where did almost #500 go? undecided I need my hard earned money back! The funny thing is that the mobile app started misbehaving after they sent the statement. It now shows blank sad

Picture 1 > bank statement
Picture 2 > text credit alert
Picture 3 > mobile app

1 Share

Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by phemsie(m): 6:04pm On Aug 21, 2020
Oga if u check well according to the bank statement, the last 500 naira debit has not be removed from ur balance, that explains it all.
Good day

1 Like

Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by Goalnaldo(m): 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2020
phemsie:
Oga if u check well according to the bank statement, the last 500 naira debit has not be removed from ur balance, that explains it all.
Good day
since 24hrs?
Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by anthonyuncle(m): 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2020
shebi na UBA.
them no go pay WIZKID?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by phemsie(m): 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2020
Goalnaldo:
since 24hrs?
The difference is showing in ur text message already, so there is nothing to worry about on the bank's s end

1 Like

Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by Dreamliner787(m): 8:24pm On Aug 21, 2020
I thought it was even Access bank.. the bank useless ehnn

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by fr3do(m): 9:18pm On Aug 21, 2020
Op, have you heard about available and ledger balance?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 21, 2020
Almost same thing happened to me yesterday. But they claimed it was opay that took the money. The 10k was returned today. It is still a shock for me. They just refunded it without an apology. Thieves.
I have pictures to prove these claims

1 Like

Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by Nicepoker(m): 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2020
fr3do:
Op, have you heard about available and ledger balance?
That ledger balance can be painful. You only notice it when you need money badly.

1 Like

Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by fr3do(m): 10:10pm On Aug 21, 2020
Nicepoker:
That ledger balance can be painful. You only notice it when you need money badly.

I dey tell you

2 Likes

Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by anuofGod(f): 10:22pm On Aug 21, 2020
Goalnaldo:
Just an hour ago, I sent my bank statement via my mobile app to my email because I needed it to verify my identity. The bank statement I saw indicated I had a balance of #2270 whereas the email alert and text message alert I got and even the account balance in the app showed #1782 . So where did almost #500 go? undecided I need my hard earned money back! The funny thing is that the mobile app started misbehaving after they sent the statement. It now shows blank sad

Picture 3 > mobile app

UBA, very useless bank.
They just deduct my money all the time without sending debit alert or notifying me of the charges deducted.
Its whenever I want to withdraw from my account that I usually realize that they've stolen from me again. Bunch of thieves, they steal over #150 sometimes #200 when its not even the end of the month.
They're a bunch of daylight armed robbers, always prying into any money that enters my account.

2 Likes

Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by Goalnaldo(m): 10:45pm On Aug 21, 2020
anuofGod:

UBA, very useless bank.
They just deduct my money all the time without sending debit alert or notifying me of the charges deducted.
Its whenever I want to withdraw from my account that I usually realize that they've stolen from me again. Bunch of thieves, they steal over #150 sometimes #200 when its not even the end of the month.
They're a bunch of daylight armed robbers, always prying into any money that enters my account.
if not for the bank statement, I won't have noticed.
Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by anuofGod(f): 10:50pm On Aug 21, 2020
Goalnaldo:
if not for the bank statement, I won't have noticed.
I always noticed too only when I'm about to withdraw.
Those people are thieves and I used to love UBA before they started their armed robbery.

1 Like

Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by Gamer999: 11:02pm On Aug 21, 2020
Similar to what they did to me here's the link https://www.nairaland.com/6063970/bank-statement-forged-bank mine is access tho. It's high time we start reporting this rogues
To whom sef sad
Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by Goalnaldo(m): 11:11pm On Aug 21, 2020
Gamer999:
Similar to what they did to me here's the link https://www.nairaland.com/6063970/bank-statement-forged-bank mine is access tho. It's high time we start reporting this rogues
To whom sef sad
yes very similar.
Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by remsonik(f): 11:17pm On Aug 21, 2020
Report them to CBN. Get the CBN help desk email address and contact them
Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by Twelfthman: 11:56pm On Aug 21, 2020
Need a new bank.. Pls recommend
Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by Bigfish121(m): 12:05am On Aug 22, 2020
Gtbank is trying but they still have charges too

Twelfthman:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by moremuch1(m): 3:55am On Aug 22, 2020
Twelfthman:

standard chartered.

thank me later

no need to visit the bank, just download the app and you are good to go

2 Likes

Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by SweepingBroom(f): 7:05am On Aug 22, 2020
Why can't we initiate law suit in this country?

Last two months, I went to the bank to withdrawal from an atm. The machine swallowed my card, I was debited and the cash never came out and they still Remove money for alert and another 35 naira on a transaction that was never completed.

This is the height of undue exploitation. Why charge me for an alert when the transaction wasn't completed, atleast the cash wasn't dispensed.

1 Like

Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by WalkerMichael(m): 7:10am On Aug 22, 2020
UBA? That's a messy bank rn. They've gone bad.
Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by anuofGod(f): 7:12am On Aug 22, 2020
moremuch1:

standard chartered.

thank me later

no need to visit the bank, just download the app and you are good to go
Will I be able to make withdrawal through transfer if I open an account on the app without visiting the bank?
Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by madampresident(f): 7:19am On Aug 22, 2020
If it's UBA, forget it. That is their stock in trade.
Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by qwertyboss(m): 7:23am On Aug 22, 2020
Dreamliner787:
Very stupid bank...

1 Like

Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by tospel: 7:52am On Aug 22, 2020
OP, are you infrequent in using their USSD code (*919#) for urgent and mini transactions?

If yes, expect such deduction, else make an official complain.

I stopped using that bank when I noticed some illicit deduction, which barely reflect even on their app, and switch to GTB.

Only necessary deductions (stamp duties and sms charges mostly) are being deducted on my account.

Goalnaldo:

Picture 3 > mobile app
Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by Smartgeek(m): 8:15am On Aug 22, 2020
Twelfthman:
Download Kuda from play store and register with the referrer code JDERLGSF and thank me later.

It's a full fledged digital bank with benefits below :

25 free transfers monthly to any bank
Free debit card
No bank charges

1 Like

Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by ambitiouschap17: 9:11am On Aug 22, 2020
Dreamliner787:

I swear access bank very useless bank.

1 Like

Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by temmienewells(m): 9:11am On Aug 22, 2020
anuofGod:

UBA, very useless bank.

Ope o, I tried opening the NEXTGEN account which was unsuccessful, but on the flip side, I might not have saved my money with them.
Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by korrej(m): 10:59am On Aug 22, 2020
UBA doesn't send debit alerts of the monies that pays them like card maintenance fee, transaction alert fees etc. But if it is the one that shows you you withdrew 5k, they won't waste time to disturb you.
Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by Elimon(m): 11:29am On Aug 22, 2020
You guys should just switch to virtual bans... There's Vbank, Patricia and the rest... Leave those thieves on suit... But my bro is a banker oo.... I remove theives
Re: These Banks Are Coded Thieves by moremuch1(m): 11:41am On Aug 22, 2020
anuofGod:

Will I be able to make withdrawal through transfer if I open an account on the app without visiting the bank?

Yes of course,
not only that, you can also request for your atm card through the app and it will be delivered to your doorstep..

very convenient..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Npower: How To Fix "Account Number Names Do Not Match Names On Dashboard" Issue / Access Bank Invites Applications For 2023 Entry Level Trainee / Federal Fire Service Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.