Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,195 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

I Want To Quit.. I Need Advise - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Quit.. I Need Advise (395 Views)

3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job / I Want To Quit My N2k Job Per Day To Start Riding Keke / A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Quit.. I Need Advise by Matrix414: 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2020
It happened that I started this job in Lagos about 5 months ago on the island. It's in the construction sector and I work 6 of 7 days a week, even the 7th day, you'll still have to do some works in preparation for Monday. This job now chokes me as I am now useless for myself, I get home around 11pm and I can't do any other thing for my myself. All I do is work, traffic and sleep. I am planning on resigning and stop going, unfortunately the contract of the work says I should inform them a month to when I want to leave. I don't want to use a month, kindly give me suggestions on how to go about it please, I don't want to die young.
Re: I Want To Quit.. I Need Advise by heendrix(m): 8:24pm On Aug 21, 2020
Matrix414:
It happened that I started this job in Lagos about 5 months ago on the island. It's in the construction sector and I work 6 of 7 days a week, even the 7th day, you'll still have to do some works in preparation for Monday. This job now chokes me as I am now useless for myself, I get home around 11pm and I can't do any other thing for my myself. All I do is work, traffic and sleep. I am planning on resigning and stop going, unfortunately the contract of the work says I should inform them a month to when I want to leave. I don't want to use a month, kindly give me suggestions on how to go about it please, I don't want to die young.

Just stop going or get to start going late/ take a long sick leave

I just hope you've saved enough to sustain you tho
Re: I Want To Quit.. I Need Advise by mylander(m): 9:31pm On Aug 21, 2020
Please, go by the rules. Give them the appropriate notice as required and resign honourable. You may need them for reference and all that. The required one month notice is not too long, you can endure it.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit.. I Need Advise by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 24, 2020
Matrix414:
It .

Save some money for your upkeep and other stuffs you'll need to survive for like a month.

Check my Signature bro.
Re: I Want To Quit.. I Need Advise by kolakolex: 11:14am On Aug 25, 2020
That's Lagos and Engineering for u.
Engineering jobs is all about deadlines. Someone has invested his money on the project and can't wait to start making money. On a site out side lagos, we work every day to meet up with deadlines. In this location, there is no hold up;if we close 6pm, we get home in less than 30min.

My experience in lagos made me hate that place. Exploitation is more in Lagos. They believe that, if u don't want the work, a lot of people out there are queuing for same work. I work from 9am to 9pm every day for 6 months. Some days 16hrs of work, sometimes I sleep at work(18-24hrs of work)

I was very sick and want some days off;was granted some days off and while I was at home, got a mail not to resume again.it was very painful bt I just have to leave because he doesn't want to pick my call;he doesn't want to hear anything from me.
Whenever I see any job advert from lagos, all I see is exploitation.

Just manage till u have another ;the employment situation all over the country is bad bro. If u re at home for a week, its then that u know that this life is hard.
I will advice u to leave now on only one condition, If it threaten ur health or life.

(1) (Reply)

Engineering Design In Port Harcourt / Free Hysys Certification Course From Aspentech / Game Centre +betting Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.