Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania (1510 Views)

"Fathala Wildlife Reserve In Senegal" Where You Can Chill With A Lion With A St / Nigerians No Longer Eligible For Visa On Arrival In Tanzania / Hyena And Magnificent Antelope Spotted At Yankari Game Reserve In Bauchi. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by greatbrian(m): 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2020
Hello travel section,

Please I need any experience folk to give me a rough estimate of travelling to Tanzanian as a tourist. Major location am yearning for his the selous game reserve. I need information on what to budget financially and also about the place at large
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 22, 2020
Hi

Your total budget will depend on many factors, e.g time of travel, time of flight booking, etc

Currently if you look up the price for a return ticket to Dar es Salaam, it is about 300k. A budget 3-day safari starts from about $500. PS: if you travel with people, it will be cheaper. Most places charge a single supplement.

So altogether, you may be looking at a budget of 600k+-. If you go with a group, it may reduce.

Tanzania is a beautiful country for game drives and beaches. If you have some time, you should combine your trip with a visit to Zanzibar. During my visit in 2016, I did 6 days of game drives in Serengeti, Tarangire, Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro and 6 more days in Zanzibar. 3-4 days in Zanzibar is enough though, especially if you're an active traveller and not a honeymooner smiley. Stay in Paje, Nungwi or Jambiani. Do a day in Stone Town too. You can check out the Tanzania tag on my blog for what I did. It might help with trip planning.

Lastly, Tanzania is no longer visa on arrival. So be sure to get your visa before you travel.

4 Likes

Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by Orofun1: 2:33pm On Sep 11, 2020
Can you give me a link to your blog pls, I m planning to visit Tanzania in November
Seslie:
Hi

Your total budget will depend on many factors, e.g time of travel, time of flight booking, etc

Currently if you look up the price for a return ticket to Dar es Salaam, it is about 300k. A budget 3-day safari starts from about $500. PS: if you travel with people, it will be cheaper. Most places charge a single supplement.

So altogether, you may be looking at a budget of 600k+-. If you go with a group, it may reduce.

Tanzania is a beautiful country for game drives and beaches. If you have some time, you should combine your trip with a visit to Zanzibar. During my visit in 2016, I did 6 days of game drives in Serengeti, Tarangire, Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro and 6 more days in Zanzibar. 3-4 days in Zanzibar is enough though, especially if you're an active traveller and not a honeymooner smiley. Stay in Paje, Nungwi or Jambiani. Do a day in Stone Town too. You can check out the Tanzania tag on my blog for what I did. It might help with trip planning.

Lastly, Tanzania is no longer visa on arrival. So be sure to get your visa before you travel.
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 22, 2020
Orofun1:
Can you give me a link to your blog pls, I m planning to visit Tanzania in November

Hey!

The blog link is in my bio.

For Tanzania, here are some resources that can help.

Safari Itienery Idea (http://www.travelwithapen.com/safari-zanzibar-tour-diaries-first-week-recap/) and Zanzibar (Stone Town) Itinerary for 24 hours. (http://www.travelwithapen.com/24-hours-zanzibar/)

I would also suggest you consider looking at Kenya too (if you have not yet been there). The advantage it has over Tanzania now is that it is visa on arrival or you can get an evisa before you travel. However, if you don't think you'll have any issues getting a Tanzania visa (I think it is relatively easy), it is good African country to vacation in.
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by greatbrian(m): 12:18am On Apr 27, 2021
Seslie:
Hi

I did sent a pm please kindly acknowledge it I intend asking some certain stuffs offline.
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 27, 2021
Hi, for some reason I didn't see this and don't usually receive PMs in my private email. Please ask your question here or reach out to me via my blog on my signature. Thanks!

greatbrian:

I did sent a pm please kindly acknowledge it I intend asking some certain stuffs offline.
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by greatbrian(m): 8:40am On Apr 27, 2021
Seslie:
Hi, for some reason I didn't see this and don't usually receive PMs in my private email. Please ask your question here or reach out to me via my blog on my signature. Thanks!

Actually just need an ABC breakdown of the cost implication if touring this 3 countries back to back. Rwanda, Tanzania and Kenya. I mean every little detail count. And I suppose Rwanda is about e-visa or so. Also list of the most interesting places in Tanzania and Kenya. Note will be going alone and am anticipating may
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
I haven't been to Rwanda yet, so can't comment on that for now. Most tour companies (before Covid) charged an average of 600K+ to tour the 3 countries. I expect this price to be much higher now but this is a range to start with. For Kenya and Rwanda, you can get an evisa. Kenya has recently banned visa on arrival but I believe Rwanda still has that option. There's also the East African Visa available for $100 to tour Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda.

Please check out my blog for what to do in Kenya. I have a lot of resources there. But the most frequently visited places are Nairobi, Mombasa and Diani. I recommend a few days in Nairobi and more in Diani (or Watamu and Malindi).

If you need more information, feel free to reach out to me via my blog. If you'd like me to prepare a tailored itinerary with a more detailed cost breakdown, please let me know as well. I can provide this as a service.

greatbrian:

Actually just need an ABC breakdown of the cost implication if touring this 3 countries back to back. Rwanda, Tanzania and Kenya. I mean every little detail count. And I suppose Rwanda is about e-visa or so. Also list of the most interesting places in Tanzania and Kenya. Note will be going alone and am anticipating may
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by greatbrian(m): 10:54pm On Apr 27, 2021
Seslie:

I can provide this as a service.

Now this will be well appreciated. But basically, i wont mind most of thr time in a wildlife or safari. I also Went through couchsurfing app, found some few folks there but mehn its so weird.

1 Like

Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by DrOA: 8:44am On May 02, 2021
Anyone interested in visiting Tanzania for conference only in October this year. Only for conference pls.
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by Orofun1: 1:25pm On May 02, 2021
Ian interested
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by Orofun1: 1:25pm On May 02, 2021
I am interested
DrOA:
Anyone interested in visiting Tanzania for conference only in October this year. Only for conference pls.
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by 4everEdward(m): 12:16am On May 11, 2021
Seslie:
I haven't been to Rwanda yet, so can't comment on that for now. Most tour companies (before Covid) charged an average of 600K+ to tour the 3 countries. I expect this price to be much higher now but this is a range to start with. For Kenya and Rwanda, you can get an evisa. Kenya has recently banned visa on arrival but I believe Rwanda still has that option. There's also the East African Visa available for $100 to tour Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda.

Please check out my blog for what to do in Kenya. I have a lot of resources there. But the most frequently visited places are Nairobi, Mombasa and Diani. I recommend a few days in Nairobi and more in Diani (or Watamu and Malindi).

If you need more information, feel free to reach out to me via my blog. If you'd like me to prepare a tailored itinerary with a more detailed cost breakdown, please let me know as well. I can provide this as a service.

I am a student in Rwanda yes, you can tour the 3 countries if you wish too, Rwanda is 30 days visa free and Kenya is e visa of $100
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by Nobody: 6:50am On May 11, 2021
Rwanda is not visa-free but you can get a visa on arrival or evisa (for 30 days) for $30, $50 or $70 depending on the visa type. Kenya also charges $50 +$1 card fee, not $100.

4everEdward:

I am a student in Rwanda yes, you can tour the 3 countries if you wish too, Rwanda is 30 days visa free and Kenya is e visa of $100
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by uboma(m): 11:02am On May 11, 2021
4everEdward:

Did you really say that, "Rwanda is 30 days visa free...."?

Please stick to the fact going forward. It is not a sign of weakness if you keep mute on matters you have no accurate information about.

Happy studying.

2 Likes

Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by 4everEdward(m): 5:36pm On May 11, 2021
uboma:

Please stick to the fact going forward. It is not a sign of weakness if you keep mute on matters you have no accurate information about.

Happy studying.

Yes Rwanda is a 30 days visa free for Nigerian passport holders
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by 4everEdward(m): 5:37pm On May 11, 2021
Seslie:
Rwanda is not visa-free but you can get a visa on arrival or evisa (for 30 days) for $30, $50 or $70 depending on the visa type. Kenya also charges $50 +$1 card fee, not $100.

I am in Rwanda and I can tell you what is happening now, even friends that visited here they stamp them in without paying any dime, please know the information you dish out
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by 4everEdward(m): 5:38pm On May 11, 2021
Once your 30 days is exhausted that’s when you will have to extend your stay here by getting a visa of just 10,000 naira but in Rwanda currency is 25k Rwf,

And with Rwanda visa in your passport you can tour east Africa , Kenya and Uganda and others too.
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by uboma(m): 6:37pm On May 11, 2021
4everEdward:

Yes Rwanda is a 30 days visa free for Nigerian passport holders

You are still goofing around.
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by 4everEdward(m): 11:18pm On May 11, 2021
uboma:

Mumu be decieving your damn self here, thinking you are passing out information....... even if you dont know cover your shame and google it. bastard
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by uboma(m): 7:25am On May 12, 2021
4everEdward:

Mumu be decieving your damn self here, thinking you are passing out information....... even if you dont know cover your shame and google it. bastard

Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by Nobody: 7:58am On May 12, 2021
uboma:

Dude, if you dont know something , its simple ask.
Rwanda is visa free for Nigeria for 30 days. I have visited there and i am back in Nigeria.

Swallow pride and ask. Dont say what u are not even sure of.
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by Nobody: 8:02am On May 12, 2021
uboma:

Happy studying.

I confirm Rwanda is visa free for 30 days. I have been there myself , and i know how many of my friends are there in Rwanda today, came in 30 days visa free and later on sought for school and business and stuff. You just pay for your COVID test which cost $60.
If you want I can show you proof so your eye go clear well. All these agents will lie to you, that its not visa free to steal money from you.

Still not convinced? No problem , visit Rwanair Offices and confirm yourself!!!

Shalom!
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by Nobody: 8:04am On May 12, 2021
greatbrian:
Hello travel section,

Please I need any experience folk to give me a rough estimate of travelling to Tanzanian as a tourist. Major location am yearning for his the selous game reserve. I need information on what to budget financially and also about the place at large

Tanzania is no longer visa on arrival to Nigeria. The rift is getting on top sides now.
You get an invitation from an inviting party (many a time) and fill the online visa application. Then collect the visa at abuja.
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by uboma(m): 8:05am On May 12, 2021
gimakon:

Dude, if you dont know something , its simple ask.
Rwanda is visa free for Nigeria for 30 days. I have visited there and i am back in Nigeria.

Swallow pride and ask. Dont say what u are not even sure of.

This is not what their website says.

https://www.ivisa.com/amp/rwanda-blog/rwanda-visa-for-the-citizens-of-nigeria

Nigerians will be issued e-visa for the first 30 days of their stay in Rwanda after which they need to apply for a regular Visa.

When did you travel to Rwanda?
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by Nobody: 8:09am On May 12, 2021
uboma:

This is not what their website says.

https://www.ivisa.com/amp/rwanda-blog/rwanda-visa-for-the-citizens-of-nigeria

Nigerians will be issued e-visa for the first 30 days of their stay in Rwanda after which they need to apply for a regular Visa.

When did you travel to Rwanda?

I visited Rwanda December Last year. My friend went to Rwanda last month!
All visa free sir.

And ivisa is not the original website irembo is smiley

Send me DM lemme show u something make u stop to talk. I like to be factual. with things.
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by uboma(m): 8:14am On May 12, 2021
gimakon:

I visited Rwanda December Last year. My friend went to Rwanda last month!
All visa free sir.

And ivisa is not the original website irembo is smiley

Send me DM lemme show u something make u stop to talk. I like to be factual. with things.

Noted.

I don't need to send you a private message.

Rwanda is visa free for Nigerians for the first 30 days. Settled!
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by Nobody: 8:16am On May 12, 2021
uboma:

Noted.

I don't need to send you a private message.

Rwanda is visa free for Nigerians for the first 30 days. Settled!

if you want to confirm , if you dont believe , kindly visit Rwandair office.
ask and you will see. I hate to waste time .

Simple as ABC
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by lordally(m): 9:50am On May 12, 2021
gimakon:

I confirm Rwanda is visa free for 30 days. I have been there myself , and i know how many of my friends are there in Rwanda today, came in 30 days visa free and later on sought for school and business and stuff. You just pay for your COVID test which cost $60.
If you want I can show you proof so your eye go clear well. All these agents will lie to you, that its not visa free to steal money from you.

Still not convinced? No problem , visit Rwanair Offices and confirm yourself!!!

Shalom!

My Oga at the top has spoken!!!
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by greatbrian(m): 9:35pm On May 20, 2021
DrOA:

What's it about. Am down
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by DrOA: 12:08am On Aug 12, 2021
It's a multidisciplinary conference taking place in Dodoma, Tanzania in October 2021
Re: Any Idea The Cost Implication Travelling To Selous Game Reserve In Tanzania by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:52pm On Aug 23, 2021
greatbrian:
Hello travel section,

I wld love to go with u...WhatsApp 08112658211

(1) (2) (Reply)

Faulty Kenya Airline Going To Dubai With Over 60 Nigerian Onboard / I Have Prohibition From Entry Scheghen Zone For 3 Years Which Expired This Month / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.