Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. (17411 Views)

Have Ever Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Age? / MSc Holder Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Abbreviations In His Application / Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe (2) (3) (4)

Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Henryjoyce(f): 6:45am On Aug 22, 2020
Okay guys let me set the ball rolling.
I was having a conversation with a friend whose Mum took to custody three girls because they had no one to look after them. It turned out that after some weeks, her mum decided to send back one of them because the girl is quite reserved.

I also had an experience similar to the one above.
Around December last year, a friend hooked me up with a Job, the Job entails making and serving of small chops at events. I travelled from Rivers State to Imo State because I really needed the money�. I got there determined to make a lasting first impression, but I guess my personality just got in the way of my hard work. On our way to the event, she kept teasing me on how I was too quiet and not contributing to conversations and worse still I had my glasses on making me look too serious.
When we finally got to the event, she wouldn't let me carry the loaded tray of chops. For her mind she go be like, " make this girl wey no dey see well no go throwway my chops o ". LoL.
If only she knew how much I needed that Job and how earnestly I prayed for her to call me again but sadly, I wasn't called. Please share your experiences.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by padi94(m): 6:48am On Aug 22, 2020
If going by your reason, is why she didn't let you carry trays, then it's not your personality. It's more of a defect (wearing glasses or not seeing well)

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Henryjoyce(f): 6:50am On Aug 22, 2020
padi94:
If going by your reason, is why she didn't let you carry trays, then it's not your personality. It's more of a defect (wearing glasses or not seeing well)
I just included the "glasses" thing for fun. I was just too reserved for her liking.

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 22, 2020
Not me. I'm always all over the room. Miss Joyce your personality is you. Channel it. I know a very reserved serious person. Guess what, that's why we all like him. He's usually the calmest when we all go mad. Channel it

21 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Henryjoyce(f): 7:12am On Aug 22, 2020
MejiLoyon:
Not me. I'm always all over the room. Miss Joyce your personality is you. Channel it. I know a very reserved serious person. Guess what, that's why we all like him. He's usually the calmest when we all go mad. Channel it
. Thank you �.

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by TheCork(m): 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2020
Henryjoyce:
. Thank you �.

U too. One of my babe call Dorin27 say I should ask u to join us for 3some becoz it's my birthday & she want to make me happier. I will pay u 200 naira, cash, I swaar. U ready? cheesy

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Uncle93(m): 5:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
To be honest. I don't think you lost the job because of your personality. Seems more to me like you lack Courtesy , not being able to return the vibes and energy given to you . I am a very reserved person too , I return jokes when I'm supposed to , laugh when I'm supposed to . That's just pure courtesy.

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by topboss: 10:54am On Oct 22, 2020
Henryjoyce:
. Thank you �.

Am on a mission for justice but your pretty face got me pulling up.

baby howfar nu cool

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Bluezy13(m): 11:37am On Oct 22, 2020
topboss:

Am on a mission for justice but your pretty face got me pulling up.

baby howfar nu cool

Focus on the mission!!!
Don't fail this test.

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by topboss: 11:39am On Oct 22, 2020
Henryjoyce:
. Thank you �.

baby m, u no see dat shape guy, dey send me go mission, make i leave baby for am.

him leg break to go mission abi? shocked

Bluezy13:

Focus on the mission!!!
Don't fail this test.

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by BigDawsNet: 12:56pm On Oct 22, 2020
I once lost a job because I was too over qualified...

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Bluezy13(m): 3:02pm On Oct 22, 2020
topboss:

baby m, u no see dat shape guy, dey send me go mission, make i leave baby for am.

The mission is not my destiny.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Hugo55(m): 3:19pm On Oct 22, 2020
I once lost a job because the manager thought am too outspoken and really confident !

20 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Henryjoyce(f): 9:43am On Oct 23, 2020
Bluezy13:

Focus on the mission!!! Don't fail this test.
. Smiling. Maybe you need to listen to this.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Henryjoyce(f): 9:45am On Oct 23, 2020
topboss:

This got me laughing. You are hilarious.

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Henryjoyce(f): 9:46am On Oct 23, 2020
BigDawsNet:
I was once lost a job because I was too over qualified...
So sorry about that. I really do hope you moved on to something better.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Henryjoyce(f): 9:48am On Oct 23, 2020
Hugo55:
I once lost a job because the manager thought am too outspoken and really confident !
Lol. I think he felt intimidated.

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 23, 2020
I lost several jobs because I am too tall, the dept of my voice is extreme and I have intimidating muscles. the last boss hurt me most, his words were" no one wants a 6:5foot guy walking around in a hair salon, your voice is too deep for my liking and your look is intimidating, I'll have to relieve you of your duties here, go become a bouncer or wrestler" I just stood there and was smiling like a lunatic

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Henryjoyce(f): 10:14am On Oct 23, 2020
dannyrhymes600:
I lost several jobs because I am too tall, the dept of my voice is extreme and I have intimidating muscles. the last boss hurt me most, his words were" no one wants a 6:5foot guy walking around in a hair salon, your voice is too deep for my liking and your look is intimidating, I'll have to relieve you of your duties here, go become a bouncer or wrestler" I just stood there and was smiling like a lunatic
The "smiling like a lunatic" part got me laughing. I am really sorry about the way you felt.

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 23, 2020
Henryjoyce:
The "smiling like a lunatic" part got me laughing. I am really sorry about the way you felt.
when I am extremely angry I just smile and let things slide, I don't want to go to jail

51 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by BigDawsNet: 10:20am On Oct 23, 2020
Henryjoyce:
So sorry about that. I really do hope you moved on to something better.

Its okay.. Yeah definitely.. I actually earned more cert after that mess... And finally got what deserves....

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Hugo55(m): 10:25am On Oct 23, 2020
Henryjoyce:
Lol. I think he felt intimidated.

But I was only innocently seeking for the job then, why would he even feel intimated.

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by prizlezzlalasky(f): 9:52am On Dec 22, 2020
Lol, I had that experience two years ago, went for this cleaning interview at one of the multinationals, the HR manager was a very pretty young lady almost same age range as myself.

She looked at my resume and calmly asked me why I had to settle for the job of a cleaner, without mincing words, I told her my story. She told me that Her concience won't let her give me a cleaning job, she gave me her phone number and asked me to call her later in the evening.

Ladies and gentlemen, my village people struck as my back pack got snatched on my way back from the coy. I tried all I could to get intourch with her but I wasn't allowed into the premises again by the security guys.

53 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 22, 2020
I applied for a cleaner in a cathedral church
the head worker didn't take me serious
he thought I'm like those thug
but I let them know how truly I am
they were amazed at the way I work with them
I didn't let them to having any doubt in my ability to work
that's the problem with the Oo
she didn't act smart
in this life to make an impression u have to use Ur brain..

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by rawtouch: 1:27pm On Dec 22, 2020
nope
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by FuckAllTheMODs: 1:27pm On Dec 22, 2020
Some years ago I lost an opportunity of serving in a top school (if not the best) in Kano because I and my fellow corper were not of Northern origin or Muslims.

The NYSC official in charge refused to give us posting papers or change of LGA papers that we need to take to the place or the particular LGA, I learnt he later posted female Muslim ladies to that place.

The pay was 6 figures. We were told when we resume, we must not show that we are corpers because they don't take corners but we will giving one day off.

I guess they needed good science graduates, the third guy was a Msc holder from Lagos.

Another one was in Lagos, them sell our slots.
It was a multinational company(USA owned), we passed through all the interview processes and were later handed over to one human resources/recruitment firm to give us training on the job, little did I and others in my team/group knw that they have started replacing our names with that of the highest bidders.
The HR/recruitment firm is located in gbagada beside UPS close to Charley boy junction. I have forgotten their name.

Thank God so far...

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by CryptoClub2018: 1:27pm On Dec 22, 2020
For me, I don't know what to say now. I got a job at a big multinational company with great pay just a week before lockdown but I can't start until the end of the pandemic. The pandemic ended and the company started negotiation with me again but all of a sudden, they stopped and I haven't heard from them till date. They didn't tell me if the offer is still valid or not. If it becomes invalid then that will be the third time I will be getting offer in my life and all of a sudden it would be withdrawn. Don't know if it spiritual or something else. The first and second company that I experience such with were also big multinational companies

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by millionboi2: 1:27pm On Dec 22, 2020
Story
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by Fidelismaria: 1:28pm On Dec 22, 2020
Thinking

Thinking

Thinking

Still thinking

I dey come
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by LuQuLuQu(m): 1:28pm On Dec 22, 2020
Yeah.. they said I was too pretty for the job... shocked
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. by whela(m): 1:28pm On Dec 22, 2020
How many jobs are there in Nigeria.

Outcess Solutions Nig. Ltd / What Should I Do / 20,000 Youths To Be Empowered By Nairaxi "On Demand" Software Company