Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,472 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

What Should I Do - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Should I Do (17412 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do by oladahunsi: 7:48am On Apr 02, 2023
I got a job with a school recently and I did a month training by the school based on the job. I wasn't paid salary, please is there a polite way of asking for the salary?

7 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by advanceDNA: 7:56am On Apr 02, 2023
If its not stated that u will be paid for the training duration....u might have to let it go...

.private school remuneration and staff welfare is one of the poorest in the country.... they will treat u badly and still expect u to be feeling like they are doing u are favor...... its like some of those school owners went to special training on how to be wicked..

191 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by oladahunsi: 8:18am On Apr 02, 2023
How can I ask them if they would pay or not?
advanceDNA:
If its not stated that u will paid for the training duration....u might have to let it go...

.private school remuneration and staff welfare is one of the poorest in the country.... they will treat u badly and still expect u to be feeling like they are doing u are favor...... its like some of those school owners went to special training on how to be wicked..

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by advanceDNA: 8:24am On Apr 02, 2023
oladahunsi:
How can I ask them if they would pay or not?

As for me oooo....i believe its not that they forgot....so whats the point of asking... it may be that they will pay it with your work minth salary..... have u spent a month working already??

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do by JASONjnr(m): 8:55am On Apr 02, 2023
Why didn't you ask them if you will be paid before the training?.
You were supposed to make this bold step and now that you're done with the training, you can't get a penny!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by obawinner(m): 11:25am On Apr 02, 2023
There is no polite way of asking for your salary, its within your right to get compensated for a job done.
i may suggest you speack to the school admin, and time to start seeking for a new job. your current employer have proven to be unrelaible.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do by OdogwuMoney6: 11:25am On Apr 02, 2023
I can't do without their policy I know. I must fall in with all my niggas aboy. If them want to bounce person e can not be mine. Men just borku, e be like them be rice. Anytime I come, I push them to the curb, smack them push to the curb. Ekelebe stunner, na me be their father. Trillo tell me say Na native be the matter. I left abuja come accra I left my mother. Tro adis ababa them go erect modu placard. Bastard, Na me dug him pile, Na me rob him mile, zaku runs ibile. Na why I go pompous I go do more than intended. Ghen ghen, I go shoot up all their pay pens.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do by Built2last: 11:25am On Apr 02, 2023
Go and read your offer letter. It has everything you are entitled to.

Ideally, training is part of your job. You offered your time. You paid transport to work for one month.

In a sane country, you shouldn't be asking for it. You will be paid.

Read your contract and ask. Might be good to ask other teachers too and find out if you are the only one

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do by nairalee(m): 11:26am On Apr 02, 2023
See the format.

Dear school,
LETTER OF NOTIFICATION

I hereby write to humbly notify you of your (unintentional) negligence in paying me after one month of rigorous training that was time consuming, money consuming, energy consuming and intellectually draining.

I believe that this non payment is an error of omission or oversight and will be quickly resolved. Thanks in anticipation of your favorable consideration EXCEPT UNA WANT MAKE OGUN KILL UNA PAPA.

Yours faithfully

Fresh Employee

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by enemyofprogress: 11:26am On Apr 02, 2023
Ask your other colleagues that are working there

11 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by DesChyko: 11:26am On Apr 02, 2023
Is your role a teaching role or a non-teaching role? I assume you're talking about the past month's salary alone.

Can you remember as much as possible, the conversation between you and the school with regards to if the training will be paid or not? (NB: For a to-be professional, all trainings are paid, no matter their stance)

Another thing is the school payment policy. I teach in a Private School myself and over here, we get paid after the new month begins (sometimes on the 6th 🥲), even as I'm a member of the management staff. It's not such a bad thing but it's always best when the cheddahs get in quickly right?😉 Find out from trustworthy colleagues, the payment policy or just stay calm. The new month just begun.

4 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by DLSReigns: 11:27am On Apr 02, 2023
Maybe you should check your appointment letter again. Thereafter, you can request a one on one with the HR if you are not convinced.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by Seyiemath(m): 11:27am On Apr 02, 2023
Easy, just tell whoever is in charge

“ pay me my money now o, or you no go like wetin you go see”

Thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by Mode4: 11:27am On Apr 02, 2023
Leave the job. Our people say that It is from sleep that we know how it feels like to die. If they decide to begin their recruitment by refusing to give you some monetary benefits in order to cushion the stress and financial commitment of a whole one month training then they are wicked and very exploitative. Bear it in mind that any extra effort you put in to push that organization forward will never be rewarded with any monetary benefit aside your salary. I repeat, they are stingy amd wicked! You better run!!.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do by Searchingvictor: 11:27am On Apr 02, 2023
Just a month? Get your pay oh

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by scholarsfunding: 11:27am On Apr 02, 2023
Ask for your salary

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by Blackazuma99(m): 11:27am On Apr 02, 2023

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by ImoleNaija: 11:27am On Apr 02, 2023

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by Lucasinho(m): 11:28am On Apr 02, 2023
grin

I will advice you to wait till they pay your monthly salary or u can meet with the School HOD to know about that...

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by chidiebere2020(m): 11:28am On Apr 02, 2023
Seems u like money
Re: What Should I Do by Delightsome2023: 11:28am On Apr 02, 2023
advanceDNA:
If its not stated that u will paid for the training duration....u might have to let it go...

like the one I'm currently teaching.
we've just closed for the term and I know too well that I won't receive April salary cos the school is on vacation to reopened on the 28th.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by Kingpele(m): 11:28am On Apr 02, 2023
Just tell them u haven't eaten since last week..this is most polite way to ask for your salary but if u want to demand for your right ..u have to write to the school admin that you weren't paid even after completing the one Month mandatory training..what I have learnt in this forum is that most people that speak boldly here and abuse their elders here are chiefly timid offline..am not using OP as an example bikuno

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by BarrElChapo(m): 11:28am On Apr 02, 2023
Ask a Co teacher if they pay after training it should give you an idea if you should expect something plus how to go about it

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by Lemos14: 11:29am On Apr 02, 2023
oladahunsi:
I got a job with a school recently and I did a month training by the school based on the job. I wasn't paid salary, please is there a polite way of asking for the salary?

Have you spent a month already? And even if you did did they specify that you'd be paid for that training period? If they didn't you either just let it go or they pay you when you together with when you start the job fully
Re: What Should I Do by bigdammyj: 11:29am On Apr 02, 2023
Use your sense.
Re: What Should I Do by Tinubuwillnotru: 11:29am On Apr 02, 2023
You are all suffering in Nigeria.. what you should do is join hands and fight this evil old men we have as leaders.. ire o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do by kenbee(f): 11:29am On Apr 02, 2023
You should be the one to pay the school for training you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do by Iseoluwani: 11:30am On Apr 02, 2023
advanceDNA:

oladahunsi na the answer be this. That should also tell you what u are about to face
Re: What Should I Do by Draggun(m): 11:30am On Apr 02, 2023
OdogwuMoney6:
I can't do without their policy I know. I must fall in with all my niggas aboy. If them want to bounce person e can not be mine. Men just borku, e be like them be rice.

DECLAN RICE!
Re: What Should I Do by cavreek: 11:30am On Apr 02, 2023
there is no such tin as over asking wen it comes to knowing how tins work. 1 month is too much of a time to be under training without pay
i believe they should have an HR
Re: What Should I Do by olahero(m): 11:31am On Apr 02, 2023
OK
Re: What Should I Do by gbagyiza: 11:31am On Apr 02, 2023
oladahunsi:

There is nothing wrong in seeking for clarification. You can ask them if you r going to be paid salary for the month, no body will kill u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please How Much Does Sahara Group Pay Their Interns/new Entry / 20,000 Youths To Be Empowered By Nairaxi "On Demand" Software Company / Total E&P Nigeria Limited (TEPNG) Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.