Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede (23006 Views)

How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede / 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede / 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by TundeKorede: 8:21am On Aug 23, 2020
The Word “Christian” is not an emblem. It is the name given to the real followers of Jesus Christ. There are many who professed to be Christians today, yet, they are nothing but unbelievers.

Christians are expected to possess Christ-like character. They are supposed to be representatives of Christ on earth. They are supposed to possess certain qualities that set them apart from unbelievers.

However, there are certain qualities that are repugnant to Christ-like character. Also, there are things a good Christian should never do. Come with me as I highlight and expound them one after the other.

Six Things A Good Christian Should Never Do
• Never Hate

1 John 2:9,11
[9]He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
[11]But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

Your Christian living is faulty if you have certain people you hate. If you have developed deep hatred towards certain people whom God created, you are not a good Christian.

More so, the lifeblood of Christianity is love and no true believer should hate any human being. The Bible says you abide in darkness, if you hate people.

No matter what others have done for you, the word, “Hatred” should not be found in you anymore. We are commanded to love everyone. You are not to love believers and hate unbelievers.

God loves the World and He gave us His only begotten son. That’s the kind of love every Christian should possess. God expects us to love all men, irrespective of their belief, lifestyle, exposure, tribe, or nationality.

So, one of the things a Christian should never do is to hate people. Hatred is true mark of our fellowship with the devil – darkness. The true mark of a believer is love.

[/b]• A Good Christian Should Never Hold Grudges Against Anyone[/b]
Ephesians 4:31
[31]LET ALL BITTERNESS, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

Biblically, every believer is to put away every from of malice. How can you call yourself a Christian and find it easier to hold grudges against people?

Grudge is a deep-seated and/or long-term animosity or ill-feeling about something or someone. It may be because of a past bad deed or mistreatment.

Definitely, people will offend us. They will do specific things that will incite us against them. But a good believer will not keep malice with them. We are to love them for who they are.

Candidly, if you are referred to as a Christian. And you love to hold grudges against people, my dear, you are not a true Christian. Because a true Christian is to put away malice.

Today, forgive that person who have offended you. Start greeting him/her if he/she isn’t greeting you. End your dispute today. Who knows when Jesus will come back? Nobody.

Once again, a true Christian will never hold grudges against his fellow. Hence, he forgiven them irrespective of the levity of the sin.

Wrong Reasons For Fasting

• Don’t Use Your Tongue Wrongly
James 1:26
[26]If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man’s religion is vain.

You may be the type who attends Church from Sunday to the next Sunday. But whenever you come back home, you use your tongue wrongly. The Bible says your religion (Christianity) is false.

Hence, a good believer should be able to bring his tongue under subjects. You should be able to keep your mouth shut at times. And you should know when to talk.

People will doubt your testimony of salvation if you speak foul words. Believers should steer clear of corrupt communication such as abusive language, curses are coarse jesting.

Also, if you are able to control your tongue, you are a perfect man (James 3:2). Don’t allow your tongue to control you as a believer.

Indeed, as a good Christian, there are some things you should never say. There are words that should never come out of your mouth.

Weigh your words. Don’t just talk. Represent Christ well on earth by bringing your tongue to subjection.

• Refusal To Forgive People
Ephesians 4:32
[32]And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.

Refusal to forgive people when they offend you is a sign of false Christianity. Christianity is a religion of love. And if you love your neighbors, you will forgive them.

Check yourself if there is any root of bitterness in you. Anytime you find it difficult to forgive people, you are portraying yourself as an unbeliever.

Those who fail to forgive others, will not be forgiven by God. We all make mistakes and we fall short of God’s glory at times. Yet, God forgives us.

Then, who are you not to forgive all men? Any man can offend you. So, be prepared for it. As they offend you, forgive them.

• Never Ignore The Need Of Others
James 2:15-17
[15]If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
[16]And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
[17]Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Every believer is to authenticate his belief in God through works. Show me a Christian without works and I will show you an irresponsible believer.

Let your good works speak for you. It’s unfair for you to see the needy and neglect them. If you have truly given your life to Christ. The Love in you will compel you to give to others.

Who are those in need around you? The best way to display your Christianity to them is by helping them. For faith without works is dead.

Sadly, there are innumerable wealthy Christians today, who hoard their wealth to themselves alone. They do not care about the wellbeing of others.

Yet, they boast and show off their wealth to people in order to impress them. Even an average believer would tell you that, he/she will start giving when he/she become stinking rich.

Many of us have failed in this aspect. Let’s forget about giving to receive more. The nature in us should compel us to change lives. If we give in order to receive, it means we are selfish.

Let’s change and start helping people right now. Start from where you are right now. Don’t wait until you are too wealthy.

• Never Forget The Rapture
James 5:7
Therefore be patient, brethren, until the COMING OF THE LORD, The farmer waits for the precious produce of the soil, being patient about it, until it gets the early and late rains.

Sadly, many who professed to be Christians have forgotten the coming of our Lord. If you ask an average Christian what he/she is expecting today.

He/she will say he/she is expecting to be rich. This is wrong as riches will perish with this world. We should fix our hopes on eternity things not on earthly things.

I hope this blessed you? Please, make sure you leave a comment after reading. Let me know your thought.

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/six-things-a-good-christian-should-never-do/

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by Missyajoke(f): 9:38am On Aug 23, 2020
OP your topic would have been better by things a Christian should never do not 6 cause there are lots of things a Christian should never do.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by ainas247: 9:49am On Aug 23, 2020
cool
Refusal To Forgive People its very dangerous as a christian.

Chirst Says, Father Forgive them because they know not what they do

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by paulolee(m): 9:50am On Aug 23, 2020
nice bt maybe those list can only be practiced in advanced countries, it would be hardly practiced here in Nigeria bcoz the country itself is too hard..
its only an angel that can be able to practice all those preaching on list in this Nigeria
Nigerians are to hypocrirical, its only in this country dt even the pastors dt do preach abt giving and helping one another would tell you that he is too broke when u ask for loans to startup business bt when u visit thier mansions you would see fleets of mad cars..
Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by Chiedu4Trump: 9:51am On Aug 23, 2020
Denying Jesus is dangerous

2 Likes

Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by sunshineV(f): 9:51am On Aug 23, 2020
1&2) god hates sinners and he wont forgive them thats y he banish them in hell fire forever

3)even if u use ur tongue "right" nothing will happen...ask poor people living in the church like rat after 12 years

4) god wont forgive people in hell

The rest na just okoto

2 Likes

Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by Goldp5988(f): 9:51am On Aug 23, 2020
Noted
Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by jericco1(m): 9:52am On Aug 23, 2020
undecided
Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 23, 2020
I hope all those haters that go to church read this.
Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 23, 2020
True talk
Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:52am On Aug 23, 2020
thank you, Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by Samirana360(m): 9:52am On Aug 23, 2020
Few out of millions
Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by BlueAngel444: 9:53am On Aug 23, 2020
Seventh Not reading the post then commenting tongue
Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by chuose2: 9:55am On Aug 23, 2020
No1 should be NEVER bow b4 another God

You can't combine Christianity with another faith

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon

Like the so called Pastor Ize-Iyamu of Redeemed.

He is a Pastor by day & an Imam by night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dACYPPTECc

I am surprised people still consider Redeemed to be a Church

1 Like

Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 23, 2020
More like things humans shouldn't do.

The only difference between a Christian and other human beings is that you believe in a particular idea of God which you think is the right one, same as other hundreds of religions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by Sunnycliff(m): 9:59am On Aug 23, 2020
Summarized in Love your God and your neighbor... Dazzol
Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by Czarugo007: 10:07am On Aug 23, 2020
Feremisers:

Make your bathroom look beautiful and attractive with Toilet led light.

Order your Automatic Toilet led light Now!
Contact US on whatsapp via 080550..86312 or text here for more details
person no go shit here again right?.

1 Like

Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by ApostleAnarchy(m): 10:07am On Aug 23, 2020
I can actually stand loving those that hate me but the part that hits my nerve the most , is when they try to over use my helping them or treating me inhumanly. Still working on it. Op nice

1 Like

Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by AFULA(m): 10:07am On Aug 23, 2020
Amen... I don't care about what non-Christian think about my signature....���
Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by Birdeyeview: 10:07am On Aug 23, 2020
Good
Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by OnyeFely: 10:08am On Aug 23, 2020
I pray every day for God to help me not to hate anyone. Apart from it being against the Christian doctrines, its also injurious to the health of the HATER.
Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 23, 2020
I will boldly ignore the needs of people who ignored me. It's not revenge. it's called being fair
Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by GboyegaD(m): 10:10am On Aug 23, 2020
Holding grudges and not forgiving are almost same in my opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 23, 2020
AFULA:
Amen... I don't care about what non-Christian think about my signature....���
change that signature of yours. Am a Christian myself but I have to admit that expressing yourself in such manner is inappropriate
Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by lasdas100(m): 10:14am On Aug 23, 2020
May God help us His children to keep to His Word as He has commanded us.

A well-written one bro

2 Likes

Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by lascos912(m): 10:14am On Aug 23, 2020
Feremisers:

Make your bathroom look beautiful and attractive with Toilet led light.

Order your Automatic Toilet led light Now!
Contact US on whatsapp via 080550..86312 or text here for more details
this thing fine o, those stupid snakes and scorpion that use to hide around the pot will be get caught immediately you open it
Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by AntiChristian: 10:17am On Aug 23, 2020
cheesy

2Cor 6:14-15
Do Not Be Unequally Yoked

14Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership can righteousness have with wickedness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?…
Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by Mryacks: 10:21am On Aug 23, 2020
TundeKorede:
The Word “Christian” is not an emblem. It is the name given to the real followers of Jesus Christ. There are many who professed to be Christians today, yet, they are nothing but unbelievers.

Christians are expected to possess Christ-like character. They are supposed to be representatives of Christ on earth. They are supposed to possess certain qualities that set them apart from unbelievers.

However, there are certain qualities that are repugnant to Christ-like character. Also, there are things a good Christian should never do. Come with me as I highlight and expound them one after the other.

Six Things A Good Christian Should Never Do
• Never Hate

1 John 2:9,11
[9]He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
[11]But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

Your Christian living is faulty if you have certain people you hate. If you have developed deep hatred towards certain people whom God created, you are not a good Christian.

More so, the lifeblood of Christianity is love and no true believer should hate any human being. The Bible says you abide in darkness, if you hate people.

No matter what others have done for you, the word, “Hatred” should not be found in you anymore. We are commanded to love everyone. You are not to love believers and hate unbelievers.

God loves the World and He gave us His only begotten son. That’s the kind of love every Christian should possess. God expects us to love all men, irrespective of their belief, lifestyle, exposure, tribe, or nationality.

So, one of the things a Christian should never do is to hate people. Hatred is true mark of our fellowship with the devil – darkness. The true mark of a believer is love.

[/b]• A Good Christian Should Never Hold Grudges Against Anyone[/b]
Ephesians 4:31
[31]LET ALL BITTERNESS, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

Biblically, every believer is to put away every from of malice. How can you call yourself a Christian and find it easier to hold grudges against people?

Grudge is a deep-seated and/or long-term animosity or ill-feeling about something or someone. It may be because of a past bad deed or mistreatment.

Definitely, people will offend us. They will do specific things that will incite us against them. But a good believer will not keep malice with them. We are to love them for who they are.

Candidly, if you are referred to as a Christian. And you love to hold grudges against people, my dear, you are not a true Christian. Because a true Christian is to put away malice.

Today, forgive that person who have offended you. Start greeting him/her if he/she isn’t greeting you. End your dispute today. Who knows when Jesus will come back? Nobody.

Once again, a true Christian will never hold grudges against his fellow. Hence, he forgiven them irrespective of the levity of the sin.

Wrong Reasons For Fasting

• Don’t Use Your Tongue Wrongly
James 1:26
[26]If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man’s religion is vain.

You may be the type who attends Church from Sunday to the next Sunday. But whenever you come back home, you use your tongue wrongly. The Bible says your religion (Christianity) is false.

Hence, a good believer should be able to bring his tongue under subjects. You should be able to keep your mouth shut at times. And you should know when to talk.

People will doubt your testimony of salvation if you speak foul words. Believers should steer clear of corrupt communication such as abusive language, curses are coarse jesting.

Also, if you are able to control your tongue, you are a perfect man (James 3:2). Don’t allow your tongue to control you as a believer.

Indeed, as a good Christian, there are some things you should never say. There are words that should never come out of your mouth.

Weigh your words. Don’t just talk. Represent Christ well on earth by bringing your tongue to subjection.

• Refusal To Forgive People
Ephesians 4:32
[32]And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.

Refusal to forgive people when they offend you is a sign of false Christianity. Christianity is a religion of love. And if you love your neighbors, you will forgive them.

Check yourself if there is any root of bitterness in you. Anytime you find it difficult to forgive people, you are portraying yourself as an unbeliever.

Those who fail to forgive others, will not be forgiven by God. We all make mistakes and we fall short of God’s glory at times. Yet, God forgives us.

Then, who are you not to forgive all men? Any man can offend you. So, be prepared for it. As they offend you, forgive them.

• Never Ignore The Need Of Others
James 2:15-17
[15]If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
[16]And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
[17]Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Every believer is to authenticate his belief in God through works. Show me a Christian without works and I will show you an irresponsible believer.

Let your good works speak for you. It’s unfair for you to see the needy and neglect them. If you have truly given your life to Christ. The Love in you will compel you to give to others.

Who are those in need around you? The best way to display your Christianity to them is by helping them. For faith without works is dead.

Sadly, there are innumerable wealthy Christians today, who hoard their wealth to themselves alone. They do not care about the wellbeing of others.

Yet, they boast and show off their wealth to people in order to impress them. Even an average believer would tell you that, he/she will start giving when he/she become stinking rich.

Many of us have failed in this aspect. Let’s forget about giving to receive more. The nature in us should compel us to change lives. If we give in order to receive, it means we are selfish.

Let’s change and start helping people right now. Start from where you are right now. Don’t wait until you are too wealthy.

• Never Forget The Rapture
James 5:7
Therefore be patient, brethren, until the COMING OF THE LORD, The farmer waits for the precious produce of the soil, being patient about it, until it gets the early and late rains.

Sadly, many who professed to be Christians have forgotten the coming of our Lord. If you ask an average Christian what he/she is expecting today.

He/she will say he/she is expecting to be rich. This is wrong as riches will perish with this world. We should fix our hopes on eternity things not on earthly things.

I hope this blessed you? Please, make sure you leave a comment after reading. Let me know your thought.

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/six-things-a-good-christian-should-never-do/

Blessed. Jesus Christ set the perfect example for us to follow...these things are possible for us to do because if he abides in us and us in him, then we can!

1 Like

Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by Emily22(m): 10:37am On Aug 23, 2020
That number one is nearly impossible in diz world we are today

Especially in a country like hmmmm
Re: Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 23, 2020
7Th one!
Stop abusing and insulting people on nairaland!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite / Worshipers Fight At AIPCA Church In Kenya Over Who Should Lead Day's Service / The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.