Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede (6970 Views)

5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede / Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede / How Christians Look At Nude Photos And Videos Of Exposed Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by TundeKorede: 8:41am On Aug 30, 2020
During difficult times, people easily lose their faith in God and do incredulous things. I have heard of people, especially believers who committed suicide during difficult times.

Life isn’t a bed of roses, you know. Jesus did not promise us a life without trouble, tribulations and vicissitudes (John 16:33).

Problems are bound to come. It is how we respond to those problems that reveal our level of maturity in the things of God.

Peruse through this article as we consider how you can stay strong during hard or unfavourable times.

Must Read: How To Pray Effectively As A Christian

How To Stay Strong During Hard Times
• Remember What God Has Done For You Before

When David was faced with a challenge which could be describe as ‘impossible’ for him to overcome.

David had to get rid of a man called Goliath — the man who had been fighting from his childhood. It was a very difficult battle for him. But what did he do?

He encouraged himself by recalling how God gave him victory sometime ago.

1 Samuel 17:37
[37]David said moreover, The LORD that DELIVERED ME OUT of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, HE WILL DELIVER ME OUT OF THE HAND OF THIS PHILISTINE. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the LORD be with thee.

It was his testimony that he used to encourage himself that He would surely overcome despite all odds.

Stay Strong
Dear friend, anytime you feel there is no hope for you again. Always remember how God has helped you to overcome in the past. God has never changed and He will never change (Mal 3:6).

God is still God because He can visit you miraculously again. Let the past miracles you’ve seen and heard encourage you to believe the unshakable power of God.

Listen to the testimonies of other believers. There are some people who have gone through what you are going through now and they came out victorious.

See, there is nothing new under the sun (Eccl 1:9). Listen to testimonies and let them inspire you.

CrossWalk: 10 Reasons to Share Your Testimony

Also, let your own testimony of past miracles inspire you to keep believing.

You can stay strong if you will let faith-boosting testimonies inspire you to keep believing.

10 Benefits In Sharing Testimonies

• Encourage Yourself In The Lord
1 Samuel 30:4,6
[4]Then David and the people that were with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had NO MORE POWER TO WEEP.

[6]And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: BUT DAVID ENCOURAGED HIMSELF IN THE LORD HIS GOD.
In the above cited scriptural verses, we can plainly read how David encouraged himself. His property he toiled to acquire had been burnt down. His wives and children have been taken captives.

More so, not only David’s wives and children were taken captives. David’s men — followers families were taken captives too. It was as difficult as that.

Nevertheless, David and his men wept till they had no power. All of a sudden, the men were talking of stoning him.

Immediately, David encouraged himself in the Lord his God. What does it mean to encourage yourself in the Lord?

It means trusting God despite non-visibility of clear cut solutions to one’s problem. You brace up! You cheer on though you know things are difficult. That was exactly what David did.

Try To Stay Strong
Beloved, anytime you encounter whatever you think is unbearable for you. Encourage yourself in the Lord. Nobody else can do this for you. You are the only one who will make up your mind to do so.

See, it is when you encourage yourself that you will be able to see many opportunities that are available.

Be encouraged and you’ll stay strong, active and lively during hard times.

Christma Magazine: How To Encourage Yourself In The Lord

[b• Rejoice[/b]
Philippians 4:4
[4]Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

Historically, it was believed that Paul wrote this above verse when he was in prison.

So amazing! A man who was in prison wrote to those who had freedom of movement to rejoice! As you can see, he reiterated his point, saying people should rejoice.

Biblically, you don’t rejoice because you have no problem. But you rejoice because you know the Lord is strong enough to help you overcome your challenges.

Rejoice so that you can stay strong. When Joseph was in prison, he was not downhearted.

As a matter of fact, he was the one seeking the way out for those who were downhearted (Gen 40:6-7).

Take a leaf out of Joseph’s book and stay strong.

Tunde Korede: How To Know You Are In A Wrong Relationship

• Develop Your Faith
Job 19:25
[25]FOR I KNOW THAT MY REDEEMER LIVETH, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

Job was able to utter these faith-boosting words because he had developed his faith in God.

Someone who does not know the God he serves cannot utter such statement.

Truly, whenever you find yourself in any difficult situation. Don’t go about blaming God for the misfortune you have incurred. Just be ready to develop your faith.

Articles like this, tapes and teachings that will make grow spiritually should be consulted by you. Read readable ones and eat the eatable ones.

Grow in faith, so as to stay strong in any situation. I have discovered that it is not really the problem people have that kills them.

But it is lack of faith that kills people. Faith comes by hearing. Some people listen to things that kill their faith. And that’s why troubles overwhelm them.

Strong: Why You Should Not Commit Suicide

• Pray
Matthew 26:38-39

[38]Then saith he unto them, MY SOUL IS EXCEEDING SORROWFUL, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
[39]And he went a little further, and fell on his face, AND PRAYED, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
Obviously, Jesus said he was exceedingly sorrowful. When he was in such position, what did he do? He prayed.

In other words, if Jesus could be exceedingly sorrowful. Who are you to say God is unfair to you because of little problem you have?

Manage your problems by going before the Lord. Pray to Him. Communicate your needs to Him.

I have discovered that whenever I pour out my needs before God, my anxiety goes out. Prayer empties my heart. Do likewise.

Tell God your needs. Let Him know you are not okay with that unfavorable condition. And keep trusting Him as He work things out for you.

Thanks for reading.

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/six-ways-to-stay-strong-during-difficult-times/

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:32am On Aug 30, 2020
Beautiful thread.....

More things to do during trying times as Christians coming.......

Modify,

Spend some time and take an inventory of God's goodness in your life.
Remember specific things he has done in your life, and start thanking him.
Think of who he is; his divine qualities and start praising him.
Let praise and thanksgiving flow from your heart,
for God is good!

You can also read these verses to keep you going and keeping the hope...

Nehemiah 8:10 Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Exodus 15:2 The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory.

JESUS LOVES YOU, so do we! kiss kiss

Have a beautiful Sunday ahead everyone. kiss

It will end in Praiseeeeeeee for you.........Yes YOU reading this!

Kemimarch16:
Honestly it is not easy but with God we will overcome
Amen.
It will end in praise!

kiss

Deborah98:
Seriously I don't know what am thinking of right now, just need to be happy but it's well
Deborah, tough time never last, but tough people do.

Don't worry, it will end in praise for you!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by flexd99(m): 9:32am On Aug 30, 2020
Nice piece OP
Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by Kunja2: 9:32am On Aug 30, 2020
G
Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 30, 2020
Trials , Persecutions, etc are the Raw Materials to Prove our Faith and Belief in God Almighty..
Many of us today Praise and Cherish God when the Going is Good. The moment there is a Trial or Persecution We become discouraged and some give up on God.

Our Understanding of God and our Walk with God will go a long way to determine our Response to Trials, Tribulations, Persecutions etc..
We Must Understand that GOD IS GOD irrespective of Whatever Happens to us..

Personally, this is How I Handle mine.
In the Midst of my Challenges ,Trials, Hard times, etc. What I do is not Have Personally Check on myself.
I go before God and ask Him to Search me ,Have Mercy on me, tear me apart and Remove and sin or Iniquity I may have Involved myself with.

Once I am Through with that, I don't let any of the Challenges to bother me.
I get myself More involved with God and His Word.

I Believe that as Long as there is no Sin in me, Anything Happening around me will Work for my Good. Romans 8:28

No Matter the Challenges, Even if you Lose All, Don't Lose JESUS ! Don't Lose your Salvation! Don't Lose your Faith in GOD! Don't Lose your Trust in GOD!

In your Absolute Trust and Faith in God, the Challenges will have no Choice but to Give way..

If you say you are a Child of God, and you don't Pass through Trials, Persecutions and all that, you need to go Check your Salvation..

For all that will live Godly in Christ will Suffer Persecution..

7 Likes

Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by YoungLionken(m): 9:33am On Aug 30, 2020
The Bible is there to guide...
Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by SoftP(m): 9:33am On Aug 30, 2020
Q
Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by emmabest2000(m): 9:34am On Aug 30, 2020
A prayerful Christian is a powerful Christian,

Prayer is the key.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by GboyegaD(m): 9:34am On Aug 30, 2020
Very inspiring, more anointing on you.

1 Like

Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by PelumiMartinx: 9:36am On Aug 30, 2020
Blessed be the Lord
His promise is forever
Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 30, 2020
Great write up
I'm so down since 2019 but my faith in God and Jesus keeps me moving and I know soon I will laugh.

Happy Last Sunday Kings and Queens

2 Likes

Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by AntiChristian: 9:36am On Aug 30, 2020
Joseph and Job's story comes to mind!

1 Like

Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by pius4luv(m): 9:37am On Aug 30, 2020
~BITCOIN in Large Quantity
~GIFT CARD Needed

COME IN TO SELL YOUR GIFT CARD, BITCOIN Instant Payment is Guaranteed!!!

WhatsApp me: 08103.691.829
Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by sigiyaya(m): 9:38am On Aug 30, 2020
You are very d@ft OP. Hard time has nothing to do with spirituality or religion, stop brainwashing people, allow people to come out and fight for there right. Our problem is our government and not the devil. Nigerians if we dont fight for our right and our freedom from these greed and selfish old criminals holding us hostage in this country we shall all die in poverty and our next generation will follow suit and God has nothing, and will never do anything about it.

2 Likes

Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by Kemimarch16(f): 9:39am On Aug 30, 2020
Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:43am On Aug 30, 2020
Thank you, Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:44am On Aug 30, 2020
Kemimarch16:
Amen.

It will end in praise!

kiss

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by Vasgas: 9:46am On Aug 30, 2020
There is power in REMEMBERANCE...

13They soon forgat his works;
They waited not for his counsel:
14But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness,
And tempted God in the desert
Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by Deborah98(f): 9:46am On Aug 30, 2020
Seriously I don't know what am thinking of right now, just need to be happy but it's well
Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:07am On Aug 30, 2020
sigiyaya:
You are very d@ft OP. Hard time has nothing to do with spirituality or religion, stop brainwashing people, allow people to come out and fight for there right. Our problem is our government and not the devil. Nigerians if will dont fight for our right and our freedom from these greed and selfish old criminals holding us hostage in this country we will all die in poverty and God has nothing to do about it.
Who collect dis one biscuit dis early Sunday morning?

Na wa o, different kinda people you meet on this forum sha!

Orisirisi something shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:08am On Aug 30, 2020
Deborah98:
Deborah, tough time never last, but tough people do.

Don't worry, it will end in praise for you!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by Jeromejnr(m): 10:09am On Aug 30, 2020
sigiyaya:
You are very d@ft OP. Hard time has nothing to do with spirituality or religion, stop brainwashing people, allow people to come out and fight for there right. Our problem is our government and not the devil. Nigerians if will dont fight for our right and our freedom from these greed and selfish old criminals holding us hostage in this country we will all die in poverty and God has nothing to do about it.

Keep quiet and let Christians fellowship among each other as commanded in the Word.

When people like Sowore said you should go outside and protest, did you go?

The earlier you people recognize your problems in this country are spiritual the better for you.

3 Likes

Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by Jeromejnr(m): 10:12am On Aug 30, 2020
Deborah98:

Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted.

You are not the only one sister. The joy of the Lord is our strength.

3 Likes

Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by Bonchila(m): 10:14am On Aug 30, 2020
Nice one
Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by sigiyaya(m): 10:20am On Aug 30, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Keep quiet and let Christians fellowship among each other as commanded in the Word.

When people like Sowore said you should go outside and protest, did you go?

[s]The earlier you people recognize your problems in this country are spiritual the better for you[/s].
You have a small mind and you also lack the ability to reason well like most Nigerians that is why poverty is ravaging all over Nigeria cry

No offence or Insult bro, but your stupid!ty must be factory fitted or a brainwashed mor0n for you to ever think or believe the Nigerian problem has anything to do with spirituality angry angry

1 Like

Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by Jeromejnr(m): 10:22am On Aug 30, 2020
sigiyaya:
You have a small mind and you also lack the ability to reason well like most Nigerians that is why poverty is ravaging all over Nigeria cry

Well, thank God I myself ain't living in poverty.

You guys can keep trying your methods without God. Na una sabi.
Re: How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede by sigiyaya(m): 10:32am On Aug 30, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Well, thank God I myself ain't living in poverty.

You guys can keep trying your methods without God. Na una sabi.
You see why i said you have a small mind (no offence) But every Nigerian is poor including Bola Ahmed Tinubu smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

As You Go To Church This Sunday, Do This / Dealing With Lucifarian Night Farmers By Dr. Olukoya - Written Sermon / Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.