Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,255 members, 7,846,172 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Can A Landlord Live At Peace With His Tenants? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can A Landlord Live At Peace With His Tenants? (232 Views)

Unbelievable, Landlord Sends Packages For His Tenants As Relief Materials / Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Landlord Live At Peace With His Tenants? by seyi360(m): 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
Keen observations have shown that a Landlord/landlady cannot possibly be at peace with his tenants for a long while.
The relationship might begin well but along the line, familiarity sets in , lines are crossed and the once rosy relationship gets sour.
Every house owner wants things done his way rightly or wrongly. However, while attempting to force it down the throat of his tenants, they rebel.
Hence , all hell breaks loose.
Summarily , neither of the parties should get too familiar with the other. Pay your rent and mind your business.

1 Like

Re: Can A Landlord Live At Peace With His Tenants? by Promoter2: 8:25pm On Aug 23, 2020
It happens na. It boils down to the individuals' character
Re: Can A Landlord Live At Peace With His Tenants? by Maychel(m): 8:29pm On Aug 23, 2020
I and my tenants are living peacefully

1 Like

Re: Can A Landlord Live At Peace With His Tenants? by Bola146(f): 8:56pm On Aug 23, 2020
It's depends. I hate living where a woman is the owner of the house. Na big wahala undecided
Re: Can A Landlord Live At Peace With His Tenants? by dirtycoin(m): 2:38am On Aug 24, 2020
seyi360:
Keen observations have shown that a Landlord/landlady cannot possibly be at peace with his tenants for a long while.
The relationship might begin well but along the line, familiarity sets in , lines are crossed and the once rosy relationship gets sour.
Every house owner wants things done his way rightly or wrongly. However, while attempting to force it down the throat of his tenants, they rebel.
Hence , all hell breaks loose.
Summarily , neither of the parties should get too familiar with the other. Pay your rent and mind your business.

You have made valid points.

1 Like

Re: Can A Landlord Live At Peace With His Tenants? by dirtycoin(m): 2:38am On Aug 24, 2020
Bola146:
It's depends. I hate living where a woman is the owner of the house. Na big wahala undecided

Lol.

I wonder why women do not like to see themselves eye to eye.
Re: Can A Landlord Live At Peace With His Tenants? by seyi360(m): 7:35am On Aug 24, 2020
[quote author=Maychel post=93148736]I and my tenants are living peacefully[/quote

For how long have you been living peacefully?
Is there a fence separating you and them?
Do you routinely inspect the exterior condition of the house?
Re: Can A Landlord Live At Peace With His Tenants? by seyi360(m): 7:38am On Aug 24, 2020
Promoter2:
It happens na. It boils down to the individuals' character

It rarely does, except where the landlord is visually impaired or the landlord lives separately from them. They would always be disagreements , skirmishes, rage , shouting and so on.
Re: Can A Landlord Live At Peace With His Tenants? by seyi360(m): 7:39am On Aug 24, 2020
Bola146:

Even when a man is the house owner, unless he isn't married, his wife is another issue.

(1) (Reply)

How Is Housing Scheme Outside The Shores Of Nigeria? / 3 Bedroom Bungalow For Sale / Properties For Sale In Owerri, Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.