Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

My Money Has Disappeared! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Money Has Disappeared! (6045 Views)

Sudenly ORBIT Chewing Gum Has Disappeared From Supermarket Shelves, Why?! / Woman Creates A Scene In A Bank After N600k In Her Account Disappeared (Video) / Nigerian Man Calls Out Distributor Who Disappeared After Owing Him N700K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Money Has Disappeared! by LadySarah: 10:31pm On Aug 23, 2020
Forget it's sensational, I'm boiling as I type.

On 20th July 2020 at 17.39hrs, I tried to make a POS withdrawal. I got a debit alert but the merchant told me it failed. Soon after the slip showing a failed transaction got handed to me.

I went to my bank, Access and filled a dispense error form, of course there wasn't any reply till I chatted them up on messenger only to be told the transaction was successful. I still went back and the merchant insisted he didn't get any alert and also showed me his menu for that day. He went further to send a complaint message to Opay, his Pos issuer/payment platform for further assistance.

Today is 32 days of this incident. I have been to the bank 3rice and the merchant too yet each maintains their stance.
On Friday, I went further to contact Opay myself and they still said it was a failed transaction.

I'm at a loss as to how my money lodged in Access Bank which I tried to withdraw using its card through a Pos could get missing.

Someone should tell me what to do.

1transcation slip

2Response from Opay
3.Debit Alert

Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by dingbang(m): 10:36pm On Aug 23, 2020
Opay is the most useless platform I have ever come across. So many dispense errors from their platform every blessed day.

If they aren't ready for agent banking, they should pack up. I recommend people to quit patronizing these platforms but patronize your direct bank pos agents so it will be easy to rectify such.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by LadySarah: 10:40pm On Aug 23, 2020
2nd response from Access on 21st August(31days later)

1st Response from Access on Aug 5
(15 days later)

Contacting cbn hmmm. The one that happened 8 mths ago cbn hasn't replied my mails till nw even though access later reversed it after almost 2 mths on their own.

Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by qwertyboss(m): 10:41pm On Aug 23, 2020
Access bank again! And always!
Am currently counting the days(+70) and yet to receive my refund for failed online POS transaction with access Bank plc Debit card.
My advice is that you forward your complains to consumers protection department of the Central Bank CBN through their email....
Access bank doesn't show any concern regarding the pains their customers go through!
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by LadySarah: 10:48pm On Aug 23, 2020
Lalasticlala,Dominique, Seun I need experts on this issue cos my money is hanging.
Bankers in the house and Opay Pos agents I need your inputs too.
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 23, 2020
Just like Polaris bank, the money is gone. Talking from experience.

I don't have energy to explain how I was tossed to and fro like a lawn tennis ball for weeks till I left the lawn court to avoid be worn out..

Auntie, take heart..

1 Like

Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by NairalandAngel(m): 5:15am On Aug 24, 2020
Wolgrace:

I don't have energy to explain how I was tossed to and fro like a lawn tennis ball for weeks till I left the lawn court to avoid be worn out..

Auntie, take heart..
I hope the amount you lost wasn't very much
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by LadySarah: 6:39am On Aug 24, 2020
Wolgrace:

Auntie, take heart..

This is daylight robbery. Do I start keeping my money at home?
Isn't Pos for convenience anymore?
Lalasticlala
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by MJBOLT: 7:40am On Aug 24, 2020
Opay is terrible,people should avoid them,Paga would have reversed it.
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 24, 2020
LadySarah:

This is daylight robbery. Do I start keeping my money at home?
Isn't Pos for convenience anymore?
Lalasticlala

More than single transaction processors attached.. But Access bank? Well, just move on.
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 24, 2020
NairalandAngel:

I hope the amount you lost wasn't very much

It was... Even if its little, it is unprofessional for E-transacting firms to have untraceable technical errors.. What kind of data language is that?
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by tenderjunkie: 11:36pm On Sep 07, 2020
This is just Nigeria.
I had a similar issue on the 5th of April this year. Account is UBA while POS merchant is first bank.

Issue finally got resolved the final week of August.

I sent countless mails, made bank visits all to no avail.

UBA said money left my account, POS agent said he didn't see any money.

1 Like

Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by showafrica(m): 12:03am On Sep 08, 2020
I think is bank job to trace that money and even contact opay and interswitch or whatever that binds them together on ur behalf but, this is Nigeria and access bank for that matter.

1 Like

Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 08, 2020
Send a pm

.I can help u fix it for N5000

Shey it's Zenith?
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:55am On Sep 08, 2020
All this third party payment gateway, they will never take responsibility on monetary loss or failed transaction. I had the same issue, I know it was a successful transaction but, I had to complain to the bank and the bank credited me again.
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by LadySarah: 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2020
tenderjunkie:
This is just Nigeria.
I had a similar issue on the 5th of April this year. Account is UBA while POS merchant is first bank.

Issue finally got resolved the final week of August.

I sent countless mails, made bank visits all to no avail.

UBA said money left my account, POS agent said he didn't see any money.

Who later reversed it?
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by LadySarah: 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
All this third party payment gateway, they will never take responsibility on monetary loss or failed transaction. I had the same issue, I know it was a successful transaction but, I had to complain to the bank and the bank credited me again.

I have learnt my lesson.
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by tenderjunkie: 12:23am On Sep 09, 2020
LadySarah:

Who later reversed it?
First Bank
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by Twinkletwin17: 11:14pm On Sep 14, 2020
I pray they refund it o
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by imagrg(m): 3:04am On Sep 15, 2020
This is Naija for you!
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by Gbengageorge: 6:24am On Sep 15, 2020
Print account statement and take it to Opay, if it shows Opay, tell Opay also to print account statement for them to prove to you that it didn't enter from there take a strong action depending on what you see in the printouts

2 Likes

Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by U1(m): 8:41am On Sep 15, 2020
I'm at a loss why things can't work as they are meant to in this country. It's like people just bastardise everything!

In my mind, I think it should be easy to trace transactions since we are talking about technology here. Isn't Opay receiving money into an account in Nigeria? What makes it so hard to simply track payments in and out of an account? Even with all the talk about anonymity, some governments can still trace bitcoin transactions if they want to.

Yet, CBN will be shouting cashless this cashless that when it doesn't seem to be doing enough about smooth implementation. This is a reason I don't use my bank cards for POS transactions. I also prefer paying over the counter to doing interbank transfers via my device if I have the time because of this.

LadySarah, you may still want to contact CBN's CPD about this if you haven't. Who knows, they might weigh in on the matter even if they don't respond to your complaint directly.

For over two months recently, Union Bank wouldn't let me send money out of an account I opened with it via its app. I sent many messages and mails and visited a nearest branch for about 7-8 times (spending a full day there on some occasions) but nothing was done. I think the issue was resolved three days after I contacted the CBN department, even though I never got a direct response from it. A coincidence? undecided
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 15, 2020
Hahahaha grin grin grin
Funny headind yet pathetic. Sorry dear
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by Virgo01(m): 9:06am On Sep 15, 2020
Sorry about your predicament...like someone suggested, print your statement of account and forward it to Opay.

I sent you a PM for some other thing.
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by LadySarah: 11:54am On Sep 15, 2020
U1, I have actually mailed cbn and even replied and acknowledged my complaint but close to a mth nw I haven't heard from anyone of them.
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by U1(m): 3:18pm On Sep 15, 2020
LadySarah:
U1, I have actually mailed cbn and even replied and acknowledged my complaint but close to a mth nw I haven't heard from anyone of them.

Wow. Now, that's disappointing. What a country.
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by saxby(f): 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2020
I have never been a fan of all these third party financial institutions, as an SME its best you deal with your bank directly especially now that some banks are even offering free charges on transactions for up to 3 months when you open a business account online. Just visit https://on.fcmb.com/online-account-business3 to get started so you can save yourself of all these drama.

2 Likes

Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 07, 2020
LadySarah:
Forget it's sensational, I'm boiling as I type.

On 20th July 2020 at 17.39hrs, I tried to make a POS withdrawal. I got a debit alert but the merchant told me it failed. Soon after the slip showing a failed transaction got handed to me.

I went to my bank, Access and filled a dispense error form, of course there wasn't any reply till I chatted them up on messenger only to be told the transaction was successful. I still went back and the merchant insisted he didn't get any alert and also showed me his menu for that day. He went further to send a complaint message to Opay, his Pos issuer/payment platform for further assistance.

Today is 32 days of this incident. I have been to the bank 3rice and the merchant too yet each maintains their stance.
On Friday, I went further to contact Opay myself and they still said it was a failed transaction.

I'm at a loss as to how my money lodged in Access Bank which I tried to withdraw using its card through a Pos could get missing.

Someone should tell me what to do.

1transcation slip

2Response from Opay
3.Debit Alert
Any head way?
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by Uglygurl(f): 10:21pm On Nov 12, 2020
if opay says it is a failed transaction then the money didn't reflect in the merchant's wallet/purse.

Look at what you will do..go back to the bank,met the customer care representative and tell him/her that you went to a POS to withdraw money and you were debited but the debited money didn't get to the merchant. Then go ahead to present the receipt and the alert.
Normally,they will tell you to fill debit error form and after that ask them the duration it will take for the money to be refunded.

Don't ask for statement of account because when you do,that transaction will show 'successful' and then they will rope your head and the merchant's head together to be fighting yourselves claiming the transaction was successful.

It takes time sometimes but It will be refunded.

Note : make use of the POS that refunds debited funds almost immediately. Opay na wahala!

1 Like

Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by fersam: 7:57pm On Mar 06, 2023
Somebody please help, someone did 200k to me in 50k’s, i got just 150k instead of 200k, its going to 4 days now and they haven’t credited me nor refund the person. Also, he sent another 500k to me, it came into my opay but it says failed because of my limit, now they have refused to refund the sender & I haven’t seen anything in my account. 550k in total, please what do i do? Thanks.
Re: My Money Has Disappeared! by Kasiyya(m): 3:38am On Mar 07, 2023
fersam:
Somebody please help, someone did 200k to me in 50k’s, i got just 150k instead of 200k, its going to 4 days now and they haven’t credited me nor refund the person. Also, he sent another 500k to me, it came into my opay but it says failed because of my limit, now they have refused to refund the sender & I haven’t seen anything in my account. 550k in total, please what do i do? Thanks.
wow the deposit of the 500k showed failed in you opay account. Wow Nigerian Bank self.

(1) (Reply)

What Business Can I Start With 10,000 Naira / Starting An Electronic Payments Company / (diamond Bank Is Not Reliable)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.