Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,752 members, 7,851,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:21 PM

To What Extent Can A Mother Go For Her Children? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To What Extent Can A Mother Go For Her Children? (1134 Views)

Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives / Should A Woman Fix Her Mans Plate First... Or Her Children's ??? ( Photo ) / A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To What Extent Can A Mother Go For Her Children? by twity(f): 10:01am On Feb 18, 2011
Read about the Nigerian woman, Mrs. Idogun who was jailed for sending her son back to Nigeria. A court in the UK sentenced her to 8 months because she refused to bring back her son from Nigeria. The woma felt the boy's life was spiralling out of control and if going to jail is what it will take to make her son an honourable person then so be it. I am wondering, is this a good move? the boy in question Ebirin Idogun will be 18 in anoher month and legally, that makes him an adult. So is the mother going to jail for his sake worth it? Hmm, sad! This boy was not just sent back home to starngers but to his father who lives in Nigeria. Why then would the court hold her in contempt and slam her with all manners of charges including forcing the boy to get married and sending him to a place where his life is not safe. Are they saying those of us living in naija are also safe? hmm, na wao!
Re: To What Extent Can A Mother Go For Her Children? by Blazay(m): 8:01pm On Feb 21, 2011
What is the in point sending a child back to Nigeria if the child is old enough to protest?
She REFUSED to bring the child back to the UK?

If the father and mother are not living together, why send the child to a semen-donor?
A father he prolly loathes with 5 other wives and children scattered all over Nigeria? undecided
To do 'Omo-Odo'? or be used for rituals?

Nigeria should start a petition all over the world like the anti-BA protest ke. . . mu he he he he he grin

Tobechi. . .the Abia State 419 king pin was sent to Nigeria too as a child when he was becoming an unruly pre-teen.
Look how he turned out.
Back to Abia State to spread "Herpes". . .and as America's most wanted top 10 too! cheesy

The mother did the best she could for her child. . .but with consequences.
Let her face the music.
I am sure her son would thank her later. Or maybe she would be thanking him in the future. Who knows.

Thank our lucky stars for civilized countries. Your parental rights can only go so far.

Glad to know Nigerian children abroad are beginning to excercise their rights over their cognitively-impaired, mentally-lazy donor egg/semen donor of parents, too lazy to 'parent' effectively. kiss

Serves her right! Bush woman! kiss
Re: To What Extent Can A Mother Go For Her Children? by twity(f): 1:03pm On Feb 22, 2011
Hey, did you say serves her right? as a caring parent, wont you make an effort to prevent your child from falling into a ditch if you can help it? the problem with children these days is that they are too liberated and thats why a boy will concot stories so that he can be allowed to do whatever he likes even if it will kill him in future. Left to me, I hope the boy goes back to the UK to cause havock for them there. Shebi na their citizen, they wont mind handling the wahala when it gets out of hand, just as they have handled the so called terrorism threats. Afterall, a society deserves the citizens it gets. My heart goes out to the poor woman who is battling to make her son an honourable man and paying dearly for it.
Re: To What Extent Can A Mother Go For Her Children? by Blazay(m): 5:09am On Feb 25, 2011
Being a concerned parent does not mean risking jail time for an almost 18 year-old child. If your child has "rottened" up in your care all those years, it means you have FAILED as a mother. The child is almost an adult. . . Prolly raised himself while the woman was jumping from owambe to owambe in London too. Now, she wants to prove "sweet mother, i nor go forget you. . .blah, blah, blah, blah"! Rubbish.

The child is from a broken home, what do we expect?  undecided

Is it in that Naija of a place he will not still go "badder"?
See "Tobechi, Abia State King Of Herpes"? Was he not sent back as a child, back to Nigeria to be with his dad?
Look how he turned out o. cheesy

Sheeeeeeeeesh.

Tell the selfish parents to think about their actions before deciding to breed like rats/rabbits.
The children suffer it all. Too bad the couple "fell out of love", separated or wharrrreva. The children did not ask to be born.
Father in Nigeria phocking around, mother in the UK working 20 jobs, child raising himself.

I am sure she is one of those who fought tooth and nail to keep the son. She was NEVER married to the child's father(born-again, pre-marital sexstars wink, who can't keep phocking and repenting in the names of both God and the Devil). Why wait till now to send him to a "strange" father? This child keeps getting shuttled back and forth as the situation suits the selfish parents. Thank God for the civilized world and their laws! cool

Why not send him to Nigeria at a much younger age? Abi she don chop child-support moni finsh?

No, I do not have all the facts. I don't need them. Poor parenting is the main problem here, where adults put their needs before those of their children SELFISHLY.

Just my opinion and I am entitled to them, right or wrong.

Sorry, I say serves her right again! cool
Re: To What Extent Can A Mother Go For Her Children? by obowunmi(m): 8:30am On Feb 25, 2011
Well said Blazay, I agree with ur comment.

1) She should have sent him back at a much earlier age and not really at 17.

Plus I'm sure the effects of not having a father around and his mother working 4/5 jobs had an impact on his upbringing and behavior --- Blazay said it all, "too late to call a mad cow, dog" she should have trained him well before age 18.
Re: To What Extent Can A Mother Go For Her Children? by EXPLODEQ: 9:40pm On Feb 25, 2011
I agree totally with twitty on her arguments. While it may be true that the young Edirin's mother may not have totally done all she should do, I still don't think there is a wrong in sending him home. Blazy MUST understand that its never late to start doing the right thing. After all that was why Christ came and died for mankind. For every discerning individual, Nigeria is the best place for the young man and the parents took the best stance.

That woman deserves an award for standing up to defend her son's future. She deserves commendation for staying on the side of growth rather than wind up with death by allowing her son live in the fantacies of UK and destroy himself with gangs and stuff. The other truth is this, that the woman thought it wise to send him to his father means they are still married. And for the father to have even gone further to put him in Life Forte Ibadan suggests they want the best for him. Even if they are no longer married, I still dont think it should be an issue of discuss here as it got nothing to do with the going on. Is it a crime to be a single mother or father. Even if the boy were to be an orphan born in the dungeon of Namibia, is that an excuse for demeanor?
On the other hand, being married to one or more wife is not the cause of crime in our society. Africa prides in marying as many wives as u can afford and it has never been a reason for failure.

Re: To What Extent Can A Mother Go For Her Children? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 25, 2011
is the woman going to appeal the ruling or not.
Re: To What Extent Can A Mother Go For Her Children? by EXPLODEQ: 10:40pm On Feb 25, 2011
Appeal, she should. I really don't know. It all depends on how she wants it. I advice she does. She has a chance
Re: To What Extent Can A Mother Go For Her Children? by Blazay(m): 11:27pm On Feb 25, 2011
Blazy MUST understand that its never late to start doing the right thing. After all that was why Christ came and died for mankind. For every discerning individual, Nigeria is the best place for the young man and the parents took the best stance.

Which "Blazy"?
I do not appreciate one-post cyber riff-raffs addressing me please!
Thank you!

Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew!!!

[size=20pt]Common take my name out of your fingers with that your stoopid, post #1![/size] angry

Name:  EXPLODEQ
Position:  Active Poster
Date Registered:  Today at 11:08:39 AM
Last Active:  Today at 11:11:26 PM

All these useless stalkers!
Do you keep seeing me in your dreams/nightmares or what?
May you all meet with the most violent of untimely deaths for all your cyber harassments!
Amen! kiss
Re: To What Extent Can A Mother Go For Her Children? by EXPLODEQ: 12:16am On Feb 26, 2011
This Brazzy(ier) guy must be nasty. You should learn to be polite here. Nairaland is for gentle(MEN)
Re: To What Extent Can A Mother Go For Her Children? by mutter(f): 3:57pm On Feb 26, 2011
Blazay,
has spoken the truth.
Nothing more to be said. Yes they have a right to insist on the child being brought back.

(1) (Reply)

Is My Mother And Sister Becomin To Close To Me? / 14-year-old-marriage-in-crisis-over-pot-of-stew / Woman Brutally Beaten By Husband For Allegedly Greeting Her Pastor (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.