Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter (21295 Views)

Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter / Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Marriage / What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by etunoman76(m): 11:58am On Sep 27, 2013
READ AND SHARE

"My dear girl, the day you see I’m getting old, I ask you to please be patient, but most of all, try to understand what I’m going through.

If when we talk, I repeat the same thing a thousand times, don’t interrupt to say: “You said the same thing a minute ago”... Just listen, please. Try to remember the times when you were little and I would read the same story night after night until you would fall asleep.

When I don’t want to take a bath, don’t be mad and don’t embarrass me. Remember when I had to run after you making excuses and trying to get you to take a shower when you were just a girl?

When you see how ignorant I am when it comes to new technology, give me the time to learn and don’t look at me that way... remember, honey, I patiently taught you how to do many things like eating appropriately, getting dressed, combing your hair and dealing with life’s issues every day... the day you see I’m getting old, I ask you to please be patient, but most of all, try to understand what I’m going through.

If I occasionally lose track of what we’re talking about, give me the time to remember, and if I can’t, don’t be nervous, impatient or arrogant. Just know in your heart that the most important thing for me is to be with you.

And when my old, tired legs don’t let me move as quickly as before, give me your hand the same way that I offered mine to you when you first walked.

When those days come, don’t feel sad... just be with me, and understand me while I get to the end of my life with love.

I’ll cherish and thank you for the gift of time and joy we shared. With a big smile and the huge love I’ve always had for you, I just want to say, I love you... my darling daughter."

- Unknown

88 Likes

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by ChemicalMallam(m): 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2013
Nice piece
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Ashabie(f): 1:17pm On Sep 27, 2013
Nice write up and full of thought!

2 Likes

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by kreamidiva(f): 6:09pm On Sep 27, 2013
Awwww! This piece nearly brought tears to my eyes. I'm emotional right?

3 Likes

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Haywhymido(m): 8:38am On Sep 28, 2013
May God help us through, old age 1 of my greatest fear.
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by jumzzy448: 2:27pm On Sep 28, 2013
Awwwww. God bless my mother.

8 Likes

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 28, 2013
kreami diva: Awwww! This piece nearly brought tears to my eyes. I'm emotional right?
me too ;(

2 Likes

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Mayflowa(m): 8:22pm On Sep 28, 2013
kreami diva: Awwww! This piece nearly brought tears to my eyes. I'm emotional right?

Only those that have aged mother will understand. The tears roll down my chick too even though I am a male.

4 Likes

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by olusenny: 10:04am On Sep 29, 2013
Nau M crying cus I miss My Mum...

1 Like

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Iaz93: 10:07am On Sep 29, 2013
OK! We are all crying. cry cry

5 Likes

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by mspee(f): 10:08am On Sep 29, 2013
Awww cry
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by tboy11(m): 10:10am On Sep 29, 2013
nice write up...so emotional
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Jancross: 10:11am On Sep 29, 2013
i realy luv dis.
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Boladearo(m): 10:12am On Sep 29, 2013
I think it is high tym we appreciate our mum, when i fininsh readin this, it is like the writer knows my mom, He decribe every bit of her. Thank God she is still alive
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Ajibel(m): 10:12am On Sep 29, 2013
I miss my momma cry lov u mum where-ever u are kiss

2 Likes

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by BabaEleko(m): 10:14am On Sep 29, 2013
I need toilet roll, tissue, paper towel, dryer whatever. *cant stop sobbing*

1 Like

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Anthony0094(m): 10:17am On Sep 29, 2013
Y ar mine crying? Mum am mising u nw bt ASUU stl dy strike i go cum bk 2moa no vex o
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Prosperousmind: 10:18am On Sep 29, 2013
Oh i dont wanna grow old . I wish i could just remain forever young

1 Like

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by SevendaysRain(m): 10:20am On Sep 29, 2013
Am touched, so so so emotional
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by passionate88: 10:21am On Sep 29, 2013
Eyah
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Aarenga(m): 10:22am On Sep 29, 2013
What a touching message, not only to the mothers but same applies to fathers too. Both really tried their best possible to make us what we are today. While mummy spend much time with us at home, daddy spend most time working for money to keep the family going. We really need to appreciate our parents. Just like we have responsible and caring mothers so also we have fathers too who even does more. May God continue to bless us more so as to be able to take good care of our parents.

10 Likes

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by devigblegble: 10:29am On Sep 29, 2013
Iya ni wura
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by tunahod(m): 10:35am On Sep 29, 2013
So touching cry love u mum smiley
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Dygeasy(m): 10:35am On Sep 29, 2013
Kanwulia: Eeeehyaaaah!
The poor woman does not know her daughter has already booked her a bed in one of those "FASHOLA-REFORMATORIUM-LOOKING-AJEGUNLE nursing homes without windows for area-boys to be phocking in her old age! grin

Mu cha cha cha cha cha!
What Have You Said Now? undecided

9 Likes

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by ceosville(m): 10:42am On Sep 29, 2013
O Lord, please Provide Better Money, not just money, I mean MONEYYY to provide and to take care of my mother before she old finish..... I love you MARLE!
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by ceosville(m): 10:43am On Sep 29, 2013
Kanwulia: Eeeehyaaaah!
The poor woman does not know her daughter has already booked her a bed in one of those "FASHOLA-REFORMATORIUM-LOOKING-AJEGUNLE nursing homes without windows for area-boys to be phocking in her old age! grin

Mu cha cha cha cha cha!

Nice letter! cheesy
angry ode, get a life Bro

4 Likes

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by skyscraperTM(m): 10:44am On Sep 29, 2013
Awwww, *sobs* love you mom. but i hate emotional letters like this.
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by MSB365(m): 10:47am On Sep 29, 2013
May God grant my lovely mum long life and bless me so that l can perform my rights as a loving son for a loving mother.

Orisa bi iya ko si.........iya ni wura ,baba ni digi...May God remove the tears of those that are looking for the fruits of the womb, Amen!

Respect to all mothers and all ladies.

5 Likes

Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 29, 2013
Tuaile moomah! Lots of love!
Re: A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter by mysticgal(f): 10:50am On Sep 29, 2013
and it touched me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olu Lulu-Briggs Dies At 91 / “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter / Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.