Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' (9742 Views)

OJB Has Only 8 Weeks To Survive / Apple Ceo Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live / Apple Ceo Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by MissyB3(f): 1:16pm On Feb 18, 2011

London:  Apple founder and CEO Steve Jobs has terminal pancreatic cancer and may live for just six more weeks, a media report said on Thursday.

The 55-year-old Jobs in January announced that at his request, the board of directors granted him a medical leave of absence so that he could focus on his health.

Since then, employees have said Jobs can still be seen at the company's headquarters in California and is also calling all the strategic shots from his home.

Now, new pictures have been published in the tabloid National Enquirer, which suggest things may be worse for the man behind the iPod, iPhone and iPad.

The report said Jobs is stricken with pancreatic cancer and may have just six weeks to live.

The new photos show him looking painfully frail and weak, with his jeans and dark top hanging loosely on his six-feet-two-inches, frail body, the Daily Mail reported.

The pictures were not yet available online, but Jobs's weight is said to have dropped from a pre-cancer 175 pounds to 130 pounds now, according to the National Enquirer.

His thinning hair was a sign of the effects of chemotherapy used to treat the disease.

The photos, which were taken Feb 8, showed Jobs going for breakfast with his wife Laurene Powell before heading to the Stanford Cancer Centre in California.

Jerome Spunberg, a doctor, said: 'Mr. Jobs is most likely getting outpatient chemotherapy at Stanford because the cancer has recurred.'

Gabe Mirkin, a physician with 40 years' experience, said: 'He is terminal. What you are seeing is extreme muscle wasting from calorie deprivation, most likely caused by cancer. He has no muscle left in his buttocks, which is the last place to go.'

'He definitely appears to be in the terminal stages of his life from these photos. I would be surprised if he weighed more than 130 pounds.'

Critical care physician Samuel Jacobson also said: 'Judging from the photos, he is close to terminal. I would say he has six weeks.'

A source, who recently saw Jobs, added: 'He is very frail, moving like a weak, feeble old man. He weaves back and forth when he walks, as if he is having trouble keeping his balance, and the pain of every step is evident on his face.'

The Apple CEO, who is worth $6 billion, is currently on his third medical leave, and has battled a rare form of pancreatic cancer for seven years and had a liver transplant in 2009.

An Apple spokesman did not comment on the new photos.

Source: http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/apple-ceo-steve-jobs-has-just-six-weeks-to-live-report-86159?cp
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by manny4life(m): 2:01pm On Feb 18, 2011
National enquirer? Seriously? That fake a/s/s paper; all they do is carry fake and untrue news just to sell magazines. Please, the 6 weeks bullshit is just based upon assumption and not a medically publicated opinion.
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by Viviacious: 2:03pm On Feb 18, 2011
Oh dear! Six weeks!!! Poor man. The world will not forget him at all.
Pity he may not live long to see the various upgrades on his "inventions" in years to come.
I salute u jare, tho I still hope those timelines are not true.
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by MissyB3(f): 2:05pm On Feb 18, 2011
manny4life:

National enquirer? Seriously? That fake a/s/s paper; all they do is carry fake and untrue news just to sell magazines. Please, the 6 weeks bullshit is just based upon assumption and not a medically publicated opinion.
http://in.news.yahoo.com/apple-ceo-just-six-weeks-live-report-20110217-071343-958.html

Does this make it credible?
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by Tokotaya: 2:09pm On Feb 18, 2011
Eeeyah! Feel sorry for him.
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by Mobinga: 2:12pm On Feb 18, 2011
Awww come on mahn!
Can someone tell the doctors to shut the phuck up?!?
They are not God. And why is this public?

@missy b come and hold me before i cry cry
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by saints2(f): 2:14pm On Feb 18, 2011
The rich also cry,

So sad His life will end in just 6 weeks. When they hardly have time to rest, meeting this, meeting that.

Till we meet again Bro Steve Jobs.
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 18, 2011
i heard that was a lie, the magazine that said that, was one of those cheap ones that lie about celebrities all of the time!!! anyways hope he is better soon!!
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by Fulanee: 2:30pm On Feb 18, 2011
Oga Apple, ma advice b say make u start 2 dey distribute free iphones nd ipads so dat we go pray 4 u since u no go fit carry dem go heaven.
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by MissyB3(f): 2:38pm On Feb 18, 2011
Mobinga:

Awww come on mahn!
Can someone tell the doctors to shut the phuck up?!?
They are not God. And why is this public?

@missy b come and hold me before i cry cry
grin grin Make I bring another bucket for you to fill? tongue
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by matoyeh(m): 2:42pm On Feb 18, 2011
this is worst dan HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by manny4life(m): 2:43pm On Feb 18, 2011
Missy ★ B:

http://in.news.yahoo.com/apple-ceo-just-six-weeks-live-report-20110217-071343-958.html

Does this make it credible?

No it does not, SORRY. That is Indo-Asia news subisdiary of Yahoo; and we know Yahoo do lie sometimes with incorrect news or data. I was hoping for something more legit; Washington Post, NewYork Times, California news or something more credible not Indo-Asia Yahoo news. Isn't it amazing how Indo-Asians have more reliable source that the host country source like Washington Post/NewYork Times.

adaobi123:

i heard that was a lie, the magazine that said that, was one of those cheap ones that lie about celebrities all of the time!!! anyways hope he is better soon!!

Yeah that is what I'm saying; National Enquirer is their leader; you can buy it cheap for $0.99 but full of junk. In fact ask anyone they would tell you. If the man has 6 weeks to live, there would be a trusted and publiched medical opinion. Every reliable news agency would carry it (just like Randy Pausch of Cargie Mellon University), you might not know him, but I darn sure people in IT tech do. Six weeks? The man would begin planning, shareholders would begin preparations for transitioning, a lot would be going on, I mean this is not a nobody that's about to die, we are talking about Steve Jobs, though we know he's very secretive but actions (like I mentioned above) would begin to tell his not going to be there soon.
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by mrperfect(m): 2:46pm On Feb 18, 2011
That is sad news, I play it doesn't happen.
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by babyme1(f): 2:49pm On Feb 18, 2011
saints_1:

The rich also cry,

So sad His life will end in just 6 weeks. When they hardly have time to rest, meeting this, meeting that.

Come on dude, he's not dead yet angry
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 18, 2011
saints_1:

The rich also cry,

This is sardonically macabre.
Why not wait for him to die before saying adieu.

@poster (Missy B), if Oga Steve doesn't die in six weeks, I bet you'd be willing to take his place instead, for spreading such fake news about a distinguished and illustrious citizen of the world.
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by sesman(m): 3:13pm On Feb 18, 2011
is it the same Steve Jobs that attended a private meeting with President Obama and Mark Zuckerberg yesterday in California?, I wouldnt believe everything that is published in the National Equirer.
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by McCoy91(m): 3:21pm On Feb 18, 2011
sesman:

is it the same Steve Jobs that attended a private meeting with President Obama and Mark Zuckerberg yesterday in California?, I wouldnt believe everything that is published in the National Equirer.
I SWEAR my eyes were bulging out when I saw the topic. I just saw the above yesterday on google news and am seeing this now. Na wa oh.
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by Tcrack(m): 3:24pm On Feb 18, 2011
if i have his billions and live to be 55, i will be more than satisfied. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by MissyB3(f): 3:25pm On Feb 18, 2011
pro01:

This is sardonically macabre.
Why not wait for him to die before saying adieu.

@poster (Missy B), if Oga Steve doesn't die in six weeks, I bet you'd be willing to take his place instead, for spreading such fake news about a distinguished and illustrious citizen of the world.
Rotfl!
shocked shocked I deserve sinister remarks for posting this? Okay, thank you!

Tcrack:

if i have his billions and live to be 55, i will be more than satisfied. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
I kinda share the same sentiment. cheesy
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by r231(m): 3:34pm On Feb 18, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Rotfl!

nooooo. . . . . at least stay till about 90 something cheesy grin
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by manny4life(m): 3:52pm On Feb 18, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Rotfl!

On the real note, NO you don't at least not from me but I'm just saying that that news is incorrect or not reliable. For an important man like Steve Jobs, trust and believe, people and trusted source will know and confirm such news.

sesman:

Yeah it's the same Steve Jobs, although if it were true that he dies in six weeks, doesn't mean he should attend conferences, meetings, vacation, even treatment. It's all part of what he does before he dies.
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by swizzle(m): 4:01pm On Feb 18, 2011
useless media! Tot he begged them for some privacy? angry
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by MissyB3(f): 4:06pm On Feb 18, 2011
r231:

nooooo. . . . . at least stay till about 90 something cheesy grin
It's actually my desire to die as late as possible. cheesy

manny4life:

On the real note, NO you don't at least not from me but I'm just saying that that news is incorrect or not reliable. For an important man like Steve Jobs, trust and believe, people and trusted source will know and confirm such news.
wink
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by bukkytroni: 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2011
He should be rushed to Buddha, according to his beliefs,
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by Pharoh: 4:34pm On Feb 18, 2011
I don't believe this
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by Basildon1(m): 4:43pm On Feb 18, 2011
Tcrack:

LOL. I am with you on that one!
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by JUO(m): 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2011
oh
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by Ibomade1: 5:32pm On Feb 18, 2011
Mr Steve Jobs may you live forever. Hope you prove the doctors wrong and stay on.

Although I am not a fan of Apple products but I cannot deny the fact that you call the shots in the gizmo sector.

The 55 years you have spent has been with impact that will never fade so pls don't go yet.
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 18, 2011
liar liar
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by UyiIredia(m): 5:50pm On Feb 18, 2011
i wish him well
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by slap1(m): 6:02pm On Feb 18, 2011
rip.
Re: ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 18, 2011
Whether the six weeks is true or not, I don't know. I heard it was a rumour as well. Pancreatic cancer is very nasty though. It took Patrick Swayze. It's extremely difficult to remove or reduce cancer in the pancreas. He's a ticking time bomb as the survival rate for pancreatic cancer peaks at only 20-25%, regardless of the stage. One can only help for miracles in his case and other victims of pancreatic cancer.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Taye Taiwo Hanging Out With Beyonce...i Think They Are Dating / Yoruba Movies Practitioners Declares War On Odunlade Adekola Over Glo Deal / Davido Was Not Arrested In Hungary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.