Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue (4502 Views)

Acura Rdx 2007 / Pls Help. Corolla 2012 Temperature Gauge, Rpm And Speedometer Is Not Working / My Toyota Corolla 2007 Temperature Guage Not Reading. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by osmeka: 9:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
Hello house, please i just got a Tokunbo Acura RDX and i noticed that the temperature is stationary, has always been on the lowest point. Please is this how it works on this vehicle? Or could there be an issue with the temperature switch or gauge? See attached picture

Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by double3(m): 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2020
osmeka:
Hello house, please i just got a Tokunbo Acura RDX and i noticed that the temperature is stationary, has always been on the lowest point. Please is this how it works on this vehicle? Or could there be an issue with the temperature switch or gauge? See attached picture
Connect an OBD scanner, confirm the temperature reading and get back.

1 Like

Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by Billiebaba(m): 10:00pm On Aug 24, 2020
osmeka:
It's not something really serious, but it's important, get it checked by your technician, if you don't have, I'm very much available.

1 Like

Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by Aanumi16: 12:01am On Aug 25, 2020
osmeka:

I think your fan is running direct and your thermostat has been removed.

2 Likes

Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by lilkech(m): 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2020
If it’s direct from abroad and you’re the first local user there’s a chance your thermostat is stuck open.

Get another one first then scan later. The thermostat is cheaper than the scan.
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by mogreen22: 10:07pm On Aug 25, 2020
osmeka:
that’s not your temperature gauge. That’s the turbo gauge. Keep Press i on the steering controls. Your temperature gauge will show. It’s digital.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by osmeka: 10:27pm On Aug 25, 2020
mogreen22:
that’s not your temperature gauge. That’s the turbo gauge. Keep Press i on the steering controls. Your temperature gauge will show. It’s digital.

Thank you for this information.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by osmeka: 10:28pm On Aug 25, 2020
Aanumi16:

No sir, direct tokunbo
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by osmeka: 10:31pm On Aug 25, 2020
lilkech:
If it’s direct from abroad and you’re the first local user there’s a chance your thermostat is stuck open.

Mogreen22 has said it all
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:56pm On Aug 25, 2020
Aanumi16:

Even if it is like the temperature should be around 50/60 degrees

something faulty 1st check temperature sensor or gauge

but the easy method is to check temperature reading via scanning to see if the temperature sensor is sending the reading to ECU, if it is then it might mean that something wrong with gauge on the cluster
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
lilkech:

you are wrong

even a stuck thermostat, the temperature should read

usually a stuck thermostat register between 50/60 degrees, it would only reach 90 degrees after a very long drive
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by donstefano8(m): 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2020
mogreen22:

Op follow this method then revert back
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
osmeka:

I don't see why you'd buy a car and not bother to read the owners' manual.

That's quite obviously your boost gauge, not a coolant temperature gauge.

4 Likes

Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by osmeka: 8:03pm On Aug 29, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I don't see why you'd buy a car and not bother to read the owners' manual.

That's quite obviously your boost gauge, not a coolant temperature gauge.

You dont need to insult before helping. If want to know, car came without manual

2 Likes

Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by diportivo: 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2020
osmeka:

You dont need to insult before helping. If want to know, car came without manual

I cant find the insult in his post tho.......

hope the help u av gotten so far has been valuable??

enjoy ur ride

2 Likes

Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by osmeka: 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2020
diportivo:

I cant find the insult in his post tho.......

hope the help u av gotten so far has been valuable??

enjoy ur ride

Thank you
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by ojeysky(m): 10:04am On Mar 02, 2021
Rdx users does the car dashboard button not have backlight? I have the 09 model and have checked through the manual yet no luck with the button lights. This affects buttons on the steering and entire button on the middle dash as per the attached picture.

cc: radautoworks

Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:46am On Mar 02, 2021
ojeysky:
Rdx users does the car dashboard button not have backlight? I have the 09 model and have checked through the manual yet no luck with the button lights. This affects buttons on the steering and entire button on the middle dash as per the attached picture.

Does they come on with your fog/headlights?
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by ojeysky(m): 11:05am On Mar 02, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

No they don't
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by radautoworks: 2:13pm On Mar 02, 2021
ojeysky:

they do. Maybe check your fuses
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by ojeysky(m): 2:57pm On Mar 02, 2021
radautoworks:
they do. Maybe check your fuses

Yes I thought it was fuses so I checked the fuse box at the driver side, the only one that has small lights(interior) on it was number 14 (7.5A). A fuse was not in that socket, plugged in a fuse yet no show. Do you know which of the fuse controls the light?

Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by radautoworks: 4:46pm On Mar 02, 2021
ojeysky:

Yes I thought it was fuses so I checked the fuse box at the driver side, the only one that has small lights(interior) on it was number 14 (7.5A). A fuse was not in that socket, plugged in a fuse yet no show. Do you know which of the fuse controls the light?
https://www.tsxclub.com/threads/the-center-console-light-problem-resolution-in-post-180.1114/
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by ojeysky(m): 9:43pm On Mar 02, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

My bad, I realized i did the headlamp thing before fixing the fuse, now just went back to test and boom it came on with just parking lights on.

Thanks and thanks to @radautoworks as well
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:11pm On Mar 02, 2021
ojeysky:

My bad, I realized i did the headlamp thing before fixing the fuse, now just went back to test and boom it came on with just parking lights on.

Enjoy.
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by radautoworks: 2:13am On Mar 03, 2021
ojeysky:

lolz. Cool
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by AlanPew: 1:32pm On Mar 03, 2021
osmeka:
This is very inconvenient . More accurately, it confuses people. On my Acura TLX it's much clearer, maybe I'm wrong. You should read the Review of Acura TLX , there will definitely be enough information to be more competent in this matter. To be honest I want to swap my Acura for an Audi, I like the features on these cars better. The Audi is more precise on the road than the Acura. Although I love Japan in general, but their cars I actually did not like very much.
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by ojeysky(m): 6:56pm On Mar 03, 2021
AlanPew:

This is very inconvenient . More accurately, it confuses people. On my Acura TLX it's much clearer, maybe I'm wrong.

Am not sure it's very inconvenient one just need to know which is which, normally temperature guage isn't very important if the car is in good condition. If I recall correctly some cars like certain Yaris don't even have temp guage.
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by ojeysky(m): 6:28pm On May 21, 2021
Air stopped blowing from my 09 RDX vents today hence AC not working. Checked fuse 20 (under hood) and fuse 36 (under dash) both checked out fine. Any idea on that could be wrong?
@radautoworks
@HeavenlyBang
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by Angrygoat: 6:48pm On May 21, 2021
Factory compressor don burn. Time for manual things
ojeysky:
Air stopped blowing from my 09 RDX vents today hence AC not working. Checked fuse 20 (under hood) and fuse 36 (under dash) both checked out fine. Any idea on that could be wrong?
@radautoworks
@HeavenlyBang
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by ojeysky(m): 6:57pm On May 21, 2021
Angrygoat:
Factory compressor don burn. Time for manual things

If it's compressor related will the blower not work?
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by Angrygoat: 7:05pm On May 21, 2021
It's blowing nothing but hot air. Compressor do knock
ojeysky:

If it's compressor related will the blower not work?
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by ojeysky(m): 8:09pm On May 21, 2021
Angrygoat:
It's blowing nothing but hot air. Compressor do knock

That's the point it's not blowing any air at all(hot or cold) even if the AC is switched off then normal fan is not blowing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Honda City Or Honda Civic / Converting Peugeot 406 From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive In 9ja / "Brand New" Ford Escape 2012 From Coscharis here In Lagos....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.