Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue (4555 Views)

Acura Rdx 2007 / Pls Help. Corolla 2012 Temperature Gauge, Rpm And Speedometer Is Not Working / My Toyota Corolla 2007 Temperature Guage Not Reading. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by thebigkendo(m): 4:06pm On May 22, 2021
ojeysky:

That's the point it's not blowing any air at all(hot or cold) even if the AC is switched of then normal fan is not blowing

Assuming all fuses are okay.. Blower motor resistor is probably burnt.. Not a very difficult fix
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by ojeysky(m): 6:18pm On May 22, 2021
thebigkendo:

Assuming all fuses are okay.. Blower motor resistor is probably burnt.. Not a very difficult fix

Yeah all fuses are fine. I also think it's the resistor any suggestion of a seller?
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by thebigkendo(m): 7:06pm On May 22, 2021
ojeysky:

Yeah all fuses are fine. I also think it's the resistor any suggestion of a seller?

Any AC repair guy in you locality should be able to source it, it's possible resistors from other Honda models will fit.

1 Like

Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by ojeysky(m): 8:14am On May 25, 2021
thebigkendo:

Any AC repair guy in you locality should be able to source it, it's possible resistors from other Honda models will fit.

I have the attached error when I scanned. Does this still point to the resistor?

Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by autologic: 8:55am On May 25, 2021
ojeysky:

Don't assume or suggest, do a test to confirm the root cause 100% .
A fan motor is basically an actuator driven by power and ground and this is what you test for instead of checking for fuse only, and the result of this test is what will guide you to the next test or the root cause. The principle is this : test and test and more test till you hit the target will make a better tech instead of throwing parts which is tantamount to wasting of scarce resources and more confusion.
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by autologic: 8:58am On May 25, 2021
ojeysky:

I have the attached error when I scanned. Does this still point to the resistor?
You will need to check electrically to understand what ecu means by "blower motor locked " error code. Nobody else can accurately decipher the issue than the person physically present testing and troubleshooting ,any suggestion is a mere guess talk .
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by thebigkendo(m): 10:55am On May 25, 2021
ojeysky:

Yep.. Defective Resistor is one of the possible causes for the B1241
another cause could be a bad blower motor(less likely)

If you are good with tools, remove the blower resistor and examine it.
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by ojeysky(m): 8:09pm On May 30, 2021
autologic:

Don't assume or suggest, do a test to confirm the root cause 100% .
A fan motor is basically an actuator driven by power and ground and this is what you test for instead of checking for fuse only, and the result of this test is what will guide you to the next test or the root cause. The principle is this : test and test and more test till you hit the target will make a better tech instead of throwing parts which is tantamount to wasting of scarce resources and more confusion.

thebigkendo:

Yep.. Defective Resistor is one of the possible causes for the B1241
another cause could be a bad blower motor(less likely)

If you are good with tools, remove the blower resistor and examine it.

Thanks for the feedback my gurus on this matter. Will dedicate some time to it this week.
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by ojeysky(m): 3:59pm On Jun 12, 2021
ojeysky:

Thanks for the feedback my gurus on this matter. Will dedicate some time to it this week.

So blower confirmed to be working fine when I bypassed it by connecting directly to a 12v battery. Any pointer on what the resistor looks like? as the ones I have seen online have heat sinks and not seen anything like that on mine.

cc autologic thebigkendo
Re: Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue by ojeysky(m): 12:58pm On Jun 15, 2021
ojeysky:

So blower confirmed to be working fine when I bypassed it by connecting directly to a 12v battery. Any pointer on what the resistor looks like? as the ones I have seen online have heat sinks and not seen anything like that on mine.

cc autologic thebigkendo

Finally fixed, was the relay(green). Using the defogger relay for now until I get a replacement... anyone got a spare for sale?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians's Impression About Second Hand Cars. / Which Car Is Most Common On Naija Road? / How Good Is Nissan Sentra 2008 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.