Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit (46058 Views)

My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! / Tie Your Manhood With Rope If You Are Not Ready To Take Care Of A Child - Man / Why Your Husband Is Crazy About His Mistress And Is Not Ready To Let Her Go... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Alimzy20(m): 10:47pm On Aug 24, 2020
Good evening my fellow nairalanders i need your strong advices.my parents are forcing me to get married !! I'm just 21.I've tried all possible ways to change their mind. it ended in vain.

I'm not in relationship either. What should i do now? I'm still schooling and unemployed too..

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Oluromantic: 11:10pm On Aug 24, 2020
Tell your parents to get you a job if they're so desperately in need of grandchildren

267 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Alimzy20(m): 11:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
Oluromantic:
Tell your parents to get you a job if they're so desperately in need of grandchildren
my sister is married with 4kids �

129 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by cooooooks(m): 11:20pm On Aug 24, 2020
How can they be forcing you to get married when you're not in a relationship?

Who are they forcing you to marry?

Alimzy20:
Good evening my fellow nairalanders i need your strong advices.my parents are forcing me to get married !! I'm just 21.I've tried all possible ways to change their mind. it ended in vain.I'm not in relationship either.what should i do now ? I'm still schooling and unemployed too..

241 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Finnese001: 11:21pm On Aug 24, 2020
grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 24, 2020
this one is easy
since its ur parents forcing u to marry and u dont have a job
tell them to give u a job fist b4 u think of getting married
i wonder wich reasonable parent go force im child to marry when he is not financially capable
if dem give u job and rent a house for u then they will be justified in asking u to go and marry cheesy

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 24, 2020
Alimzy20:
Good evening my fellow nairalanders i need your strong advices.my parents are forcing me to get married !! I'm just 21.I've tried all possible ways to change their mind. it ended in vain.I'm not in relationship either.what should i do now ? I'm still schooling and unemployed too..
Are you their only child? Even at 21, you're still so young. Stand your ground, even if you give person pikin belle, you're too young to be straddled in marriage, though, you should man up and care for your child.
If you were my younger brother, I'll never let you get married at this age.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by yomi007k(m): 3:46am On Aug 25, 2020
Some problems caused by the black race are due to actions or inactions of certain parents.

155 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by paulolee(m): 6:08am On Aug 25, 2020
guy jus run leave the ous for them go stay with any of ur gee staying alone or its better if you go back ur skul lodge..
na "see finish" de cause watin ur parents they do you...
if you jobless and give woman belle na, na them go still de complain say u too de disturb them with ur family problems and say you are jus too lazy to take Care of the same family wey them force you carry...
use ur head and avoid them, naija too hard for a broke man talkless of jobless man wey get family to feed.
the only better advice na the one wey you give urself o..

49 Likes

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by 1beat(m): 6:12am On Aug 25, 2020
if you are not SS or cultist (Eye, Aye, pirate etc)

clear them you're not ready for marriage.
but if you're one of these above guy listen to them they know what they're saying.

168 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Happyfela(m): 6:17am On Aug 25, 2020
That's you and your family problem

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Alimzy20(m): 7:12am On Aug 25, 2020
Chii59:

Are you their only child? Even at 21, you're still so young. Stand your ground, even if you give person pikin belle, you're too young to be straddled in marriage, though, you should man up and care for your child.
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Alimzy20(m): 7:14am On Aug 25, 2020
Chii59:

i'm not the only child but i'm the first son of my parents

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Alimzy20(m): 7:20am On Aug 25, 2020
paulolee:
guy jus run leave the ous for them go stay with any of ur gee staying alone or its better if you go back ur skul lodge..
na see finish de cause watin ur parents they do you..
bro i dont have any gee staying alone
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 25, 2020
Egungun

Egungun

Egungun
I don't need to tell you what to do,use your 6ix.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Alimzy20(m): 7:22am On Aug 25, 2020
1beat:

if you are not SS & if you're not cult member

clear them you're not ready for marriage but if you're one of this above guy listen to them they might hv see far
i'm not any of the above mentioned

17 Likes

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Alimzy20(m): 7:25am On Aug 25, 2020
Happyfela:
That's you and your family problem
a injury to one is an injury to all sir

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Alimzy20(m): 8:03am On Aug 25, 2020
Olude193:

Not sure your family is psychologically okay
wow ok thats really hurt

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Olude193: 8:34am On Aug 25, 2020
Alimzy20:
wow ok thats really hurt

I am sorry but you need to make your family understand that marriage ain't your focus for now...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:54am On Aug 25, 2020
Don't mind your parents.
They get get another wife for your father and have more kids if they want. It's not your duty to give them more kids if that's their problem.

6 Likes

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Vyzz: 8:58am On Aug 25, 2020
Brother man..

Na setup

6 Likes

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Alimzy20(m): 10:48am On Aug 25, 2020
Vyzz:
Brother man..

Na setup
setup u said? how could my own biological parents set me up?..or what setup u talking about exactly?
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Lamasta(m): 12:23pm On Aug 25, 2020
Alimzy20:

Tell them to provide you accomodation and source of income to take care of the family if they want you to get married...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Alimzy20(m): 2:43pm On Aug 25, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Don't mind your parents.
They get get another wife for your father and have more kids if they want. It's not your duty to give them more kids if that's their problem.

i have a step mom
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2020
Alimzy20:
i have a step mom
Don't listen to them. Let them take a second wife for themselves if they want. They might remind you they had you at age 10 or age 8 sef. Don't fall into their trap.

6 Likes

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 25, 2020
@op, maybe you're their only son and you're behaving inresponsible.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by Alimzy20(m): 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2020
Mbdovey:
@op, maybe you're their only son and you're behaving inresponsible.
I'm not the only son i have three brothers but i'm the senior of them all
Re: My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit by chocboi78(m): 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
just out of the blue?? ion think so.
there have been a reason why..
is it politically or business inclined?? like they want u to marry a daughter of a business or political associate to strengthen relationship..
you have to ask them why exactly they want u married at the tender age of 21

re u a stubborn child always bring trouble?
any underlying health conditions?
are they old and bedridden??
if none of the above, then flee

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Nairalander Retakes photo Of His Mum And Siblings After 24 Years / Father-Of-Five Absconds After His Wife Gave Birth To Quadruplets In Benin / Marry A 32 Year Old Good Girl Or Look For A Younger Good Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.