Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Ugandan President May Release Rap Album - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ugandan President May Release Rap Album (804 Views)

halftribe.com - Press Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ugandan President May Release Rap Album by MP007(m): 6:08pm On Feb 18, 2011
riday, February 18, 2011

Kampala- President Yoweri Museveni says he may release an album after a rap he performed became a smash hit on Uganda’s radio stations and in its nightclubs.

“I was very happy with the reaction of the youth because that means they are very thirsty for the music of their ancestors,'' the 67-year-old told a news conference before elections on Friday.

advertisement

“So after the election you may get quite a big album of the classics,'' he said.

The leader, nicknamed “M7″, performed two children’s folk chants from his birthplace in Western Uganda at several election rallies over the last few months.

Record producers then mixed the performances with hip-hop beats and audio of Museveni talking to the crowd about a genre of music.

“Those poems which I gave to the youth are classical poems which were being recited before colonialism.

“There are quite a number of other songs and recitals which I will make available to them,'' Museveni told reporters.

Ruling party officials were pleased with the popularity of the song before the poll but issued warnings to some newspapers after they published doctored photographs of a topless Museveni with a muscled and heavily tattooed torso. (Reuters/NAN)
Re: Ugandan President May Release Rap Album by excanny: 9:12pm On Feb 18, 2011
Hmm. Interesting! I'll love to hear it.
Re: Ugandan President May Release Rap Album by eddy1977(m): 8:50pm On Feb 19, 2011
I have no respect for him.
how can you rule a nation for over 25 years and still promise change?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians / Am I a self hater if I don't care about Africa? / "Thou Shalt Not Suffer A Witch To Live"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.