Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn (1899 Views)

The Top Highly Paid Programming Languages To Learn / 10 Programming Languages And Their Creator / 10 Programming Languages/ Tools For Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by talkcash: 4:06pm On Aug 26, 2020
[b][/b][i][/i]Programming can be easy, hard, frustrating and confusing but if you learn these languages as listed you will be on track.

1). HTML
Html is the simplest language to learn. It is mostly used for defining other languages that run on web.

2). CSS
This comes after HTML, it is used to beautify a html code, that is why it is called cascading styling sheet.

3). JAVASCRIPT
Javascript is a language that is used for client side scripting (OOP scripting). This language is among the top three best languages among the history of programming, it can do almost everything in the back end area, plus it is easy too.

4). Python
Python is a server side language, it is good for pretty much everything but is a little bit difficult to learn. Python is good in both web development and android app development

5). Ruby
Ruby is a language used for web development ONLY, it is a pretty old language but some people use it.

6). PHP
My language, PHP is also a server side language just like Python. It can partially be used for mobile app development.

7). JAVA
Java is used for developing android apps, and will soon fade away, many apps are developed with java.

cool. Kotlin
Kotlin will be the language to take over JAVA, because it is also used for app development, and is user friendly too.

9). Swift
Swift is used for making IOS apps that is apple apps, to learn swift you have to have experience of java and Kotlin.

10). C++
This is used for developing windows applications, it is pretty difficult, TRUST ME!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by Najdorf: 4:08pm On Aug 26, 2020
Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn..

And number 1 is HTML lol

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by anthonyuncle(m): 4:09pm On Aug 26, 2020
and I still dey for number 2
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by talkcash: 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2020
anthonyuncle:
You will get there
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by FahBuLous: 4:12pm On Aug 26, 2020
cool
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by FahBuLous: 4:13pm On Aug 26, 2020
I must learn programminq.... I want to learn web development, pls what languagues shud i learn, pls gimme a run down

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by talkcash: 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2020
FahBuLous:
I must learn programminq
I like your vibes, learning never stops.
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by NairaLuck: 4:46pm On Aug 26, 2020
Good afternoon everyone, I have zero knowledge. Going with the trend in the world,
I want to venture into the field of IT.
software development, programming, web development, coding etc.

Where can I start from? Are they tutorials I can attend to start. I need a guide please

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by ikemesit4477: 5:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
Op kindly carry me along! How did do I get started!
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by talkcash: 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2020
FahBuLous:
I must learn programminq.... I want to learn web development, pls what languagues shud i learn, pls gimme a run down
Learn HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, Python, MYSQL and PHP.
If you want to get employed, then learn HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, under JAVASCRIPT learn AJAX and JQuery.

Also learn Python and JAVA (PHP isn't so necessary)
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by talkcash: 6:09pm On Aug 26, 2020
NairaLuck:
Good afternoon everyone, I have zero knowledge. Going with the trend in the world,

Where can I start from? Are they tutorials I can attend to start. I need a guide please
If you are based in Enugu, you can attend Micromedia computer school.

If you want to learn to code without any paying of money then you can download an app called solo learning and if you have any question then visit sites such as: Stack overflow, free code camp. You can see other peoples questions and answers. Follow these steps and you are good to go. wink
NairaLuck:

If you are based in Enugu, you can attend Micromedia computer school.

If you want to learn to code without any paying of money then you can download an app called solo learning and if you have any question then visit sites such as: Stack overflow, free code camp. You can see other peoples questions and answers. Follow these steps and you are good to go.
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by talkcash: 6:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
ikemesit4477:
Op kindly carry me along! How did do I get started!
Just start with HTML and CSS, then start visiting question and answer sites like: Stack overflow, free code camp and github, go into server side language and learn JAVA simple.

I can personally lead you through HTML, CSS and PHP, without you paying. You don't also have to pay for the sites I mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by seunny4lif(m): 6:47pm On Aug 26, 2020
HTML and CSS are not programming language

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by FahBuLous: 6:49pm On Aug 26, 2020
talkcash:
Learn HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, Python, MYSQL and PHP.
If you want to get employed, then learn HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, under JAVASCRIPT learn AJAX and JQuery.

Also learn Python and JAVA (PHP isn't so necessary)
Sorry i am a little confused, just least d ones i need to learn to get employed, a clear listing, thank you..
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by ikemesit4477: 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
talkcash:
Just start with HTML and CSS, then start visiting question and answer sites like: Stack overflow, free code camp and github, go into server side language and learn JAVA simple.

I can personally lead you through HTML, CSS and PHP, without you paying. You don't also have to pay for the sites I mentioned.
thanks a lot!
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by anthonyuncle(m): 3:58am On Aug 27, 2020
talkcash:
You will get there
Amen
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by talkcash: 11:13am On Aug 27, 2020
FahBuLous:
Sorry i am a little confused, just least d ones i need to learn to get employed, a clear listing, thank you..
OK, you should learn HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT and Python

If you want to cover all to be employed then you have to also learn PHP.

And visit question and answer sites such as stack overflow, free code camp and github if you are confused.
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by talkcash: 11:19am On Aug 27, 2020
talkcash:

And visit question and answer sites such as stack overflow, free code camp and github if you are confused.
A hint, to be a self thought programmer, download this app solo learning.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by FahBuLous: 12:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
talkcash:

thanks bro, may you live long
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by Etinosa1234: 11:56pm On Aug 27, 2020
I don’t think html and css are programming language

Also I’m new to programming but b4 I ventured, Most sites basically said python, JavaScript and java were the top languages this year

Besides most people see php as outdated tho

But I don’t think php and ruby are better than Java
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by kenodrill: 6:25am On Aug 29, 2020
Pls where can I learn net programming?
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 29, 2020
Talkcash abeg are u vast in Java scripts? I need ur help brother. Chat me up on Whatsapp 09025252652 or drop ur number let me chat u up. Thank u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by talkcash: 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
ayomikuolatunji:
Talkcash abeg are u vast in Java scripts? I need ur help brother. Chat me up on Whatsapp 09025252652 or drop ur number let me chat u up. Thank u
I am vast in ajax query inside JAVASCRIPT
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by talkcash: 1:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
Etinosa1234:
I don’t think html and css are programming language

Also I’m new to programming but b4 I ventured, Most sites basically said python, JavaScript and java were the top languages this year

Besides most people see php as outdated tho

But I don’t think php and ruby are better than Java
I didn't say top 10 best languages, I said best programming languages TO LEARN.
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by talkcash: 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2020
kenodrill:
Pls where can I learn net programming?
What do you mean by net programming.
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by talkcash: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
talkcash:
web or net
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by Daejoyoung: 2:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
anthonyuncle:
you want to learn all ten? lol.
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by kenodrill: 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2020
talkcash:

Asking such question shows you are ignorant as such you can't help.
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by SirMichael1: 1:50pm On Aug 31, 2020
kenodrill:

Asking such question shows you are ignorant as such you can't help.
You're the ignorant brat here. I don't know why kids here feel the need to be arrogant even in glaring ignorance. I blame that guy for replying you.

You don't know anything about programming and you're still rude. Sit your ass down, punk!

There's nothing like net programming. Unless ofcourse you meant web design or .net coding.
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by SirMichael1: 1:55pm On Aug 31, 2020
Na wah oh. Na for NL I see say html and css be programming languages.
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by kenodrill: 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2020
SirMichael1:
You're the ignorant brat here. I don't know why kids here feel the need to be arrogant even in glaring ignorance. I blame that guy for replying you.

You don't know anything about programming and you're still rude. Sit your ass down, punk!

There's nothing like net programming. Unless ofcourse you meant web design or .net coding.

I never said I know anything about Net programming hence I had to ask.Mumu google net programming.fool
Re: Top 10 Programming Languages To Learn by kenodrill: 3:02pm On Aug 31, 2020
SirMichael1:

Mumu...i never said I know about programming hence I had to ask.fool go and make use of your google.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Program With C# Is There Any Expert In The House! / 18 Yr-Old Nigerian Launches Website To Disrupt Africa's Job Recruitment Industry / Are You A Developer, Designer Or Tech Enthusiast In Kaduna?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.