Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,375 members, 7,826,473 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase (47775 Views)

Dstv, Gotv Customers To Experience Downtime For 3days Due To Lagos-calabar Road / Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase / Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by chriscrosss(m): 8:28am On Aug 27, 2020
But is not hostile to increase fuel price...common sense is not common
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 27, 2020
dstv are blood suckers ....thank you fg we need pay as you go ....
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by LadyExcellency: 8:33am On Aug 27, 2020
If Nigeria has somebody like Trump, he will just tell his cult to boycott Gotv and Dstv and Multi choice will cry like Goodyear tyres
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:36am On Aug 27, 2020
GoodGovernance:

Very stupid comments.

Is it Buhari government that created the legal framework that brought Multichoice to Nigeria?

Or you think government can just interfere in a private foreign company's pricing policy without severe legal consequence?

Very soon you will blame Buhari for a broken plate in your house!

Will you shut your putrid mouth fool ? Which useless "legal framework" are you talking about drongo ? Some of you apologists of this highly incompetent administration of Mr Buhari could be so senseless that one begins to wonder if you're actually humans or programmed robots.

Ode like you ! How would you know that it is the duty of any competent government,that knows its onions,to protect its citizens from exploitation by any foreign company or local ones alike when you have never experienced good governance in your entire miserable life !

You know what ? I honestly blame Buhari for your apparent senselessness !
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by santakris(m): 8:38am On Aug 27, 2020
I have not recharged since startime increase their own. No be by force
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by jornwhite: 8:38am On Aug 27, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Please don't complain.. if you cant afford it, use strong TV... DSTV is not for everyone

what right do you have to tell a fellow consumer not to complain, one of the major setback we have is a mindset like yours, that you can pay doesnt justify dstv exploitation over nigerians ... dstv is not a luxury service so it should be for everybody ... they're only taking advantage of the system. what do will call an increase without value added service. there are some situations you either condemn or just hush.

1 Like

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by Johndot: 8:38am On Aug 27, 2020
come 2021.. Nigerians will have a long list of bills to settle
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by Jhayeahsam01(m): 8:45am On Aug 27, 2020
las las i go dash out my gotv in exchange with star times
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by showafrica(m): 8:51am On Aug 27, 2020
mayklef:
even wit dat, ordinary champions league match dem no go show....nobody takes Nigeria/Nigerians too serious again, all thanks 2 this mistake of a Government

How can a Government of a nation like Nigeria be begging a private company to reduce the price of her goods? This spirit of dependence is too much, we depend on foreign people for everything. This country will only get worst.. Tufiakwa. If I be.dstv.i.go even make it 30k premium. Nigeria no get choice.
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by GoodGovernance: 8:59am On Aug 27, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

Will you shut your putrid mouth fool ? Which useless "legal framework" are you talking about drongo ? Some of you apologists of this highly incompetent administration of Mr Buhari could be so senseless that one begins to wonder if you're actually humans or programmed robots.

Ode like you ! How would you know that it is the duty of any competent government,that knows its onions,to protect its citizens from exploitation by any foreign company or local ones alike when you have never experienced good governance in your entire miserable life !

You know what ? I honestly blame Buhari for your apparent senselessness !

See this Idiot.

You can also blame buhari for your failed relationships.

The Intelligentsia are aware of the sanctity of contract especially with foreign companies and the dire consequences of any abrupt breach.

It was not easy for previous governments to break Multichoice monopoly,but this idiot is blaming only Buhari for our present predicament.

Only an idiot like you would follow the misguided band wagon of thinking a government can control the pricing policy of a foreign private company by force, apart from high level persuasion and negotiation.

If Buhari uses force and Multichoice sues government for $5billion,it is the same idiots like you that will still blame Buhari.

SMH.

3 Likes

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by jornwhite: 9:00am On Aug 27, 2020
Princedapace:

Your naira is now useless before dollars and these multinational companies trade in dollars for their contents.
Your govt keep adding VAT on these companies. The more tax they pay, the more consumers of their products will pay for it.
I don't blame them at all. Rmemebr, they don't have stable electricity, so they also pay for crazy electricity bill plus fueling, diesel and maintenance which runs into multi millions yearly. It is not easy to run business in Nigeria.

You make valid points, nothing i could subtract, buh are you also aware they just increased there traffic recently not even upto 3months. what i view on compact is what i av on family package now, how do explain paying more for less, a two time consecutive increase within the space of 3months is not only preposterous it reeks of expliotation & irrational.
On every product & service ( exclusive to luxury) affordability must be of high priority & concern. We no get government and consumer protection that why most of these multi nationals coy can expliot us how, when & anyway they want.
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by Princedapace(m): 9:02am On Aug 27, 2020
jornwhite:

You make valid points, nothing i could subtract, buh are you also aware they just increased there traffic recently not even upto 3months. what i view on compact is what i av on family package now, how do explain paying more for less, a two time consecutive increase within the space of 3months is not only preposterous it reeks of expliotation & irrational.
On every product & service ( exclusive to luxury) affordability must be of high priority & concern. We no get government and consumer protection that why most of these multi nationals coy can expliot us how, when & anyway they want.

Within that same three months, naira has done extremely bad compared to dollars. So, their expenses keep increasing badly.
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by COMPAQ(m): 9:06am On Aug 27, 2020
FG is simply diverting attention away from their incompetence in managing the economy!! Nigerian's are shouting for a private business that operates in USD to reduce it's prices, but will not stand up to the useless Buhari government for alowing the exchange rate of the USD to fall from 199 to 470!!! That is more devaluation in Naira terms in 5 years than Nigeria has witnessed in the past 30!!

Why won't any business increase prices!? More so one that pays it's licenses in USD. IS it their fault FG increased VAT and allowed NAira to devalue?
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by manny4u(m): 9:09am On Aug 27, 2020
Even God knows that if this multichoice guys try to increase their tariff again I wud switch to startimes, I can't stand this impunity.
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by Lavisha(f): 9:12am On Aug 27, 2020
archdon:
How did we get here?
We followed the cow road.

1 Like

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by bewla(m): 9:13am On Aug 27, 2020
mayklef:
even wit dat, ordinary champions league match dem no go show....nobody takes Nigeria/Nigerians too serious again, all thanks 2 this mistake of a Government
Na today Nigeria done spoil tey

1 Like

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by Donyswit(m): 9:15am On Aug 27, 2020
These guys are using this country to catch cruise
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by blackboy(m): 9:21am On Aug 27, 2020
Hypocrite FG. Petrol price is at an all time high. Una no even fit reduce your own.
Let's look at all what the FG controls the prices, are they not high?
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by Wisejohnson47(m): 9:24am On Aug 27, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/fg-asks-multichoice-to-suspend-price-increase/

I have not even recovered from the last increase you wan increase the price again. We are tire of this people, it's by force?
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by Rosella25(f): 9:26am On Aug 27, 2020
Subscription is not mandatory, they are behaving like this because they know that they are in no competition with another Company
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by kemji47(m): 9:29am On Aug 27, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos
This is ridiculous!
I'm not a fan of Multichoice but it doesn't make sense. So when the government decides to increase tax they didn't know it was hard times?
If we keep quiet now because it's multichoice, very soon it will hit all of us.

https://www.independent.ng/fg-asks-multichoice-to-suspend-price-increase/

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by jornwhite: 9:30am On Aug 27, 2020
Princedapace:

Within that same three months, naira has done extremely bad compared to dollars. So, their expenses keep increasing badly.

The issue of naira no be today, infact over a quarter period of time dollar as been static around 400+ to $1, there submission that the 1st increment was for VAT n the propose increased is because of cost of running business is quiet irrational. they are testing d waters grin whatever we see now is because they got away with the 1st one which was understandable, if we can't standup to dem now b4 december they will do more ... exploitation naa sweet money for any business that has leverage/monopoly
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by SirMichael1: 9:39am On Aug 27, 2020
The only time I'm accepting this tariff increase is if it becomes pay as you use.

1 Like

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by einsteine(m): 9:40am On Aug 27, 2020
georgeiyke009:
Crap. If you cannot pay, then dont subscribe. What is fucking wrong with Nigerians? Its not food, nor air or water. We did not even bother about fuel increases. What we should push for is pay per view model. They can increase prices all they want if their business model necessitates it. Its their business. If you don't like it build a competing company. Nigerians owns shares and also work there.

Pay per View is way more expensive than monthly subscription.
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by solonubinho(m): 9:40am On Aug 27, 2020
PrinceOfEast:
take away football and multichoice=startimes

Fundamentally wrong analogy. Is it that you're not aware that Startimes doesnt show mnet, comedy central, NatGeo, NatGeowild, History, Discovery, Discovery ID, TLC, Lifetime, etc..oh and now that ESPN is back. Pls dont ever mention Dstv and Startimes in the same sentence again. Shalom.
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by einsteine(m): 9:41am On Aug 27, 2020
SirMichael1:
The only time I'm accepting this tariff increase is if it becomes pay as you use.

In which country in the world is cable TV pay as you use? What you have is Pay Per View and it is more expensive than monthly a la carte subscription
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by einsteine(m): 9:42am On Aug 27, 2020
And you want the Nigerian economy to grow when the government is legislating in the unit economics of a Private company? Did the FG pay for content for DSTV?
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by Fox12(m): 9:42am On Aug 27, 2020
MONOPOLY.
I spit on the situation we’ve led ourselves into.
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by PrinceOfEast(m): 9:47am On Aug 27, 2020
solonubinho:

Fundamentally wrong analogy. Is it that you're not aware that Startimes doesnt show mnet, comedy central, NatGeo, NatGeowild, History, Discovery, Discovery ID, TLC, Lifetime, etc..oh and now that ESPN is back. Pls dont ever mention Dstv and Startimes in the same sentence again. Shalom.
i don't use startimes maybe that was why i ignorantly rated them @per with dstv/gotv embarassed my bad, i apologise.
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by SirMichael1: 9:47am On Aug 27, 2020
einsteine:

In which country in the world is cable TV pay as you use? What you have is Pay Per View and it is more expensive than monthly a la carte subscription
Lol. Both don't mean the same thing?
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by Princedapace(m): 9:48am On Aug 27, 2020
jornwhite:

The issue of naira no be today, infact over a quarter period of time dollar as been static around 400+ to $1, there submission that the 1st increment was for VAT n the propose increased is because of cost of running business is quiet irrational. they are testing d waters grin whatever we see now is because they got away with the 1st one which was understandable, if we can't standup to dem now b4 december they will do more ... exploitation naa sweet money for any business that has leverage/monopoly

Actually, it is a business and one has right to stop using their services. It actually cost a lot to run business in Nigeria with poor electricity, security and transportation system.
It is not a govt institution, it is a private business and the best one can do is not to use their service.

1 Like

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by CAUSTIC002: 9:52am On Aug 27, 2020
almost if not all of their contents are available online, l dont see myself paying for their outrageously priced services anytime soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lilo: I Still Have My Boyfriend Despite Romance With Eric / Erica And Wathoni Fight Over Kiddwaya / Biography: Avala Saidat Balogun & Daughter. The Single Mother In BBNaija House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.