Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Dangers Of Idleness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dangers Of Idleness (410 Views)

Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness / Your Untamed Sexual Desires Can Expose You To Great Dangers / Dangers Of Sleeping With A Married Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dangers Of Idleness by kpakpandoN(m): 6:38am On Aug 27, 2020
There is a popular saying that an idle mind is the devil’s workshop. This is very true. Ask King Solomon. He was probably the wealthiest man that ever lived. He was also the wisest on earth during his days, yet the book of Ecclesiastes which he wrote when he was very old, has a tone of depression all over it. Because there was no war in the days of Solomon, he relaxed and it cost him a whole lot. After he was done building God’s temple and completing all the assignments his father gave him before passing on, he was left with nothing to do. He then started marrying strange women, drifted far from the Most High God and built temples for strange gods.

Learn from Solomon. Avoid being idle, it can cost you your life and destiny. King David’s idleness resulted in him falling into adultery with Bathsheba and killing her husband (2nd Samuel 11:2-17). This eventually brought a curse on his lineage (2nd Samuel 12:10). The Bible speaks of idleness in 1st Timothy 5:13:
“…They learn to be Idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers and also busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.”

If you find yourself spending one hour at a stretch watching videos and pictures on social media, be careful. Your free time could become a tool in the devil’s hands; fill it with something meaningful. Take a good book around with you to read in your free time or go somewhere and play. I remember one conference I attended abroad. Reverend W.F Kumuyi of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry (DCLM) was also at the conference. At a time when we were free, I went into the restroom to read my Bible. After fellowshipping with God, I came out holding my Bible, only to see the fellow in the next cubicle coming out, holding his as well. It was Reverend Kumuyi. We looked at each other and laughed. Today, when you look at some of the churches experiencing the extraordinary move of God in Africa, you find DCLM and RCCG at the top. We use our time wisely.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

Real Reason Ghana Is Sending Nigerians Back Home - Prophet Tibetan / Happy 53rd Wedding Anniversary To Pastor Enoch & Folu Adeboye / King Leopold II Write A Letter To Christian Missionaries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.