Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness (7839 Views)

Apostle Paul Okikijesu 2021 Prophecies: Crisis In Aso Rock, A Governor Will Die / Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? / "Passenger In Keke Turns Python, Swallows A Boy In Bonny" - Apostle Paul Umoru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Meedon: 8:17am On Oct 01, 2023
I came across a chapter in the Bible today and I decided to share it here. The following chapter and verse consists of Paul the Apostle's address or letter to Christians in Thessalonians, urging them to shun idleness and and busybodies and embrace hardwork. It goes thus:

2 Thessalonians 3 vs 6 - 17

Now, we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is living in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Meedon: 8:22am On Oct 01, 2023
For you yourselves know how you ought to imitate us; we were not idle when we were with you, we did not eat anyone's bread without paying, but with toil and labour we worked night and day, that we might not burden any of you.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Meedon: 8:27am On Oct 01, 2023
It is not because we have not that right, but to give you in our conduct an example to imitate. For even when we were with you, we give you this command: If anyone would not work, let him not eat. For we hear that some of you are living in idleness, mere busybodies, not doing any work.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Meedon: 8:32am On Oct 01, 2023
Now such persons we command and exhort in the Lord Jesus Christ to do their work in quiteness and to earn their own living. Brethren, do not be weary in well-doing. I'd anyone refuses to obey what we say in this letter, note that man, and have nothing to do with him, that he may be ashamed. Do not look on him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.

4 Likes

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Meedon: 8:35am On Oct 01, 2023
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in all ways. The Lord be with you all.

I, Paul, write this greetings with my own hand. This is the mark in every letter of mine; it is the way I write. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Meedon: 8:44am On Oct 01, 2023
After reading this part of the Bible, it becomes clear that fasting, prayer and faith without work leads to nothing. So as a Christian, as you pray and fast, also find something doing and the Lord would bless the work of your hands.

You would become a great Christian if you work and avoid idleness. If the work of your hands is blessed by God, you would be able to bless others and also serve as an example to imitate. This would propagate the Gospel and take it to a new height. So instead of whining and wasting time around, find something doing and I pray our father in heaven would bless the work of your hands.

This new week, all your heart desires would be fulfilled in the mighty name of Jesus. May God give you the strength to do your work right.

It shall be well with you and your family. You are blessed. Amen, Amen and Amen.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by xristos(m): 9:26am On Oct 01, 2023
Hmmm.. true talk

Some people will also call starting a church 'work' cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by xristos(m): 9:28am On Oct 01, 2023
Why has Paul's idea/teachings become a yardstick for christian living beyond that of the disciples?
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Jokerman(m): 9:33am On Oct 01, 2023
Some Christian brothers believe they shouldn't work because they are serving God; and their wives only should work.

Little wonder you'd see a 30 year old married woman looking like 50, and their husband like 20 year olds

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by ianann(m): 9:34am On Oct 01, 2023
Do something for God to bless!

4 Likes

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by ianann(m): 9:35am On Oct 01, 2023
Do something for God to bless! if there there were no five loaf and two fishes, there wouldnt have been multiplication in the first place.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by georgeakins: 9:35am On Oct 01, 2023
Meedon:
For you yourselves know how you ought to imitate us; we were not idle when we were with you, we did not eat anyone's bread without paying, but with toil and labour we worked night and day, that we might not burden any of you.

And today's pastors are idle and lazy

1 Like

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by emorse(m): 9:44am On Oct 01, 2023
georgeakins:

They're coming for you bro. But I must add that you took the words ight out of my mouth

1 Like

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by gerrardomendes(m): 9:44am On Oct 01, 2023
No full fool time ministry. Add some secular work or business to it.

5 Likes

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Etiyeokwe: 9:44am On Oct 01, 2023
This is rich...

3 Likes

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Angelfrost(m): 9:45am On Oct 01, 2023
Jokerman:
Some Christian brothers believe they shouldn't work because they are serving God; and their wives only should work.

Little wonder you'd see a 30 year old married woman looking like 50, and their husband like 20 year olds

Imagine a nation where young men will just wake up and say they are meant to do full-time ministry without working or laboring elsewhere...!

At whose expense?!! At the expense of people who can barely feed and clothe themselves.

8 Likes

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by seguno2: 9:45am On Oct 01, 2023
Meedon:
After reading this part of the Bible, it becomes clear that fasting, prayer and faith without work leads to nothing. So as a Christian, as you pray and fast, also find something doing and the Lord would bless the work of your hands.

You would become a great Christian if you work and avoid idleness. If the work of your hands is blessed by God, you would be able to bless others and also serve as an example to imitate. This would propagate the Gospel and take it to a new height. So instead of whining and wasting time around, find something doing and I pray our father in heaven would bless the work of your hands.

This new week, all your heart desires would be fulfilled in the mighty name of Jesus. May God give you the strength to do your work right.

It shall be well with you and your family. You are blessed. Amen, Amen and Amen.

Many thanks for sharing this edifying piece.

Does it apply to individuals only, or it is equally valid for groups

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by PurestBoy(m): 9:46am On Oct 01, 2023
xristos:
Why has Paul's idea/teachings become a yardstick for christian living beyond that of the disciples?

Paul worked harder than those disciples with Christ, some are even hypocrite who Paul criticized openly as a new convert. It's a matter of Grace and he himself said it many times as the least of all the apostles

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Fatbam005: 9:47am On Oct 01, 2023
The opposite is the case nowadays.
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by GreatAchiever1: 9:58am On Oct 01, 2023
xristos:

Because it was also commended by other disciples.

and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.
— 2 Peter 3:15-16

3 Likes

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by tydi(m): 10:12am On Oct 01, 2023
xristos:
Hmmm.. true talk

Some people will also call starting a church 'work' cool

How does your brain work!? undecided
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by premierlead: 10:15am On Oct 01, 2023
Meedon:
I came across a chapter in the Bible today and I decided to share it here. The following chapter and verse consists of Paul the Apostle's address or letter to Christians in Thessalonians, urging them to shun idleness and and busybodies and embrace hardwork. It goes thus:

2 Thessalonians 3 vs 6 - 17

Now, we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is living in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us.

The idleness bro Paul was referring to there ls not the same today which Nigerians are facing
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Trustedpronet: 10:16am On Oct 01, 2023
Meedon:

But now pastor will seat in their confort zone and be forming prayer warrior while they are actually idle calculating members offerings. Lazy men of God everywhere.
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Flier: 10:24am On Oct 01, 2023
If you dont work now,your children will work later so not working is just like transferring the poverty to your unborn children

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by ItisWell22(f): 10:33am On Oct 01, 2023
Flier:
If you dont work now,your children will work later so not working is just like transferring the poverty to your unborn children

😢

1 Like

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by Truefaith: 10:34am On Oct 01, 2023
Paul surely counselled against idleness.
But he warned many more times against the dangers of deception.
Everyone should pay utmost attention to these warnings.
Almost all the so-called men of God of our day fit perfectly into the Bible’s definition of ‘wolves in sheep clothing’.

Act 20:20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,

Act 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Act 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Act 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

2Ti 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM6R_rUwH7k
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by blahc007: 10:37am On Oct 01, 2023
georgeakins:

Speaking from emotions as usual....

Comfortably speaking what they know nothing about.... mtcheww

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:51am On Oct 01, 2023
Then there were few people in the world and abundance of jobs to get and do..
Re: Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness by twilliamx(m): 11:02am On Oct 01, 2023
Meedon:

Amen

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plaetton's Pantheism / What Is Apostle Suleman's Benz GL 450 Doing In Daniel Okeke's House, Lol / The Power Of Virginity Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.