Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,309 members, 7,853,433 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:38 PM

Who Are You Following? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are You Following? (113 Views)

Are You Following Jesus Christ For The Right Reasons?.... / Are You Eating Unclean Meat? Are You Following God Laws? / Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Are You Following? by goodshepherd123(m): 6:54am On Aug 27, 2020
Capsule of liberty Daily Devotional

*Date : 27-08-2020*

*Theme : Who are you following*?

*Read : Mathew 16 vs 24-27*.

*Memorise* :
" _Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life_"- John 8 vs 12

*Meditate on this : If you follow the truth, and you can't end in error, if you follow the light, you can't walk in darkness*.

It has become pertinent to ask this generation, this question above. Whoever you are following can determine your destination,and eventually what follows you as well.

It is important to note that consciously or unconsciously, you are following somebody. It could be your parent, brother, pastor, politician, actor, celebrity, a sports star.

It is important for this generation to understand that you can't follow *hush puppy* and you won't become a dog.

The bible says anyone who want to follow Jesus must be a sheep and not a goat or dog(John 10 vs4-5).

As a youth while in secondary, school i was a follower of Tupac Shakur.

As a passionate follower i listen to his tapes,dressed like him, knew his date of birth and even believed that he was not dead.

Beloveth, it is either you are following the onise iyanu(the miracle worker)or the onise iranu(the evil worker).

Paul said in the verse below that you should follow him as he is following Jesus.

_1 Cor 11 vs 11: Be ye followers of me, even as i also am of Christ_.

Also the bible encourages us to, follow with patience and not to be slothful.

_Hebrew 6 vs 12: That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises_.

*Assignment* :
1) Make a decision to follow Jesus consistently.

*Prayer point*:
1) Father help me to follow you, to the end in Jesus name.

*©Oluwaleye Akinboyewa*

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievers, Agnostics, Non-believers Etc. If You Had To, Which Would You Choose / Pastor Nick Vujicic – Overcoming Despair / Jennifer Leclaire – An Open Letter To Wolves In Sheep’s Clothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.