Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Sex Education In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sex Education In Islam (9733 Views)

Fertility Issues And Contraception In Islam: / Ingredients Of Marital Love In Islam / Sex Education For Muslim Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex Education In Islam by bilms(m): 10:02am On Feb 19, 2011
its time to shed more light on sexual life of the people, educate and learn in this page
Re: Sex Education In Islam by ifyalways(f): 10:18am On Feb 19, 2011
You go first,what do u have to say or want to know undecided
Re: Sex Education In Islam by zayhal(f): 1:13pm On Feb 20, 2011
ifyalways:

You go first,what do u have to say or want to know undecided

trust Ify has a lot to teach us here. Now people, fire in your questions. tongue

Btw

Ify how's our baby doing? Hope you're on exclusive breastfeeding. It's the 1st best gift a mother can give.
Re: Sex Education In Islam by ifyalways(f): 4:25pm On Feb 21, 2011
zayhal:

trust Ify has a lot to teach us here. Now people, fire in your questions. tongue

Btw

Ify how's our baby doing? Hope you're on exclusive breastfeeding. It's the 1st best gift a mother can give.
lol
Baby is doing fine,Insha Allah.Exclusive nunu for 3 mnths,afterwards Daddy resumes duty.
@Op,where art thou?
Re: Sex Education In Islam by experts: 4:38pm On Feb 21, 2011
little busy
Re: Sex Education In Islam by illusion2: 12:49pm On Feb 22, 2011
ifyalways:

lol
Baby is doing fine,Insha Allah.Exclusive nunu for 3 mnths,afterwards Daddy resumes duty.
@Op,where art thou?
Ify congrats on your baby.

Daddy can share with Omar these 3 months,no harm at all. It will even help generate more wink
Re: Sex Education In Islam by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 22, 2011
@Ify,baby' dad is free after you stop the bleeding and you take the ritual bath,but remember Allah says you should breastfeed for two years.
Re: Sex Education In Islam by Lagosboy: 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2011
uplawal:

@Ify,baby' dad is free after you stop the bleeding and you take the ritual bath,but remember Allah says you should breastfeed for two years.

Long time sister wink , just a point of correction here as Allah did not say suckle for two years but "Suckle UP to 2 years". A woman could breastfeed for 6 months and some 1 year and some full 2 years.

And God knows best
Re: Sex Education In Islam by bilms(m): 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2011
lets learn everyday to be well informed about what our religion teaches about every aspect of our life.

The sexual aspect of life has three basic purposes:

1. Conservation of the human race, and continuity of its kind until it reaches the total number of human beings intended by Allah’s (SWT) leave to experience life in this world, to fulfill the divine purpose, and to show gratitude to its Creator.

2. Ejection of bodily fluids from the body, otherwise, suppression or retention of congested semen can cause various kinds of serious illnesses.

3. Fulfillment of one’s desire, satisfaction of one's sexual pleasure, and enjoyment of this blessing.

The latter is the only pleasure of such intercourse which is also provided in the heavenly paradise, whereby, therein three is neither ejaculation, natural discharge of bodily fluids, nor reproduction.

Sex is Good for You

Learned physicians find that sexual intercourse yields essential health benefits.

Galen attributes semen to the elements of fire and air, and describes its humors as hot and moist. This is because semen is rich in prostaglandins, which are hormonelike fatty acids found throughout the body and particularly in semen. Prostaglandins are primary nutrients that affect essential body processes, including blood pressure, metabolism, and body temperature among others. Hence, understanding the value of this most unmitigated and purest form of blood an its preciousness requires great consideration in discharging it.

This means to wisely value the reasons behind dispensing of this precious water of life for either conceiving a child, or emitting it through lawful sexual intercourse upon congestion.

In fact, congested semen which are retained for an extended period can cause various illnesses and infirmities, including obsession, habitude, lunacy, and even insanity, and sometimes, engaging in lawful sexual intercourse may aid in the recovery from such illnesses.

On the other hand, congestion and prevalence of semen for an extended period can cause its corruption, and turns it into a harmful toxin that the body cannot easily dispose of. However, sometimes, nature produces a spontaneous and involuntary emission of excess semen, usually during sleep, and without sexual intercourse.

Some learned predecessors have concluded that the human being should pledge:

1. To walk at least a certain minimum distance every day.

2. To feed his stomach at regular intervals, and not to extend fasting from food beyond the religious requirement.

3. Not to abstain from having lawful sexual intercourse, for a water well drains out if its water if its not used regularly.

Imam Muhammad ibn Zakariyya once said:

"Abstaining from sexual intercourse for an extended period weakens one’s nervous system, can cause obstruction of the urethra, and shrinks the penis."

He added when he observed some people who vowed temporary abstention from sexual intercourse, that their sexual energy diminished, they suffered general weakness of their bodies, became doleful, lost their desire, and their digestive system became corrupt.

Hold on, Only Lawful Sex

Other benefits of lawful sexual intercourse include protecting one’s eyes from looking at what is unlawful, preserving one’s chastity, controlling one’s desire and lust against what is unlawful, and providing the same for his or her spouse. This will certainly provide the believing man and woman with innumerable benefits in this world and in the hereafter. Imam Ahmad alluding to abstention from sex, once said:

"I exercise patience when fasting from food and drink, though it is still difficult."

He also reported in his collection of correct prophetic traditions that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) encouraged the believers to get married, saying:

"Get married, and conceive many children for I shall take pride in your number on the day of judgment."

Ibn Abbass (RA) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said:

"I get married, eat meat, sleep, stand up in night prayers, fast, and break my fast. Whoever disdains from my traditions (Sunnah) is not one of my followers."

He (SAW) also said:

"O young men whoever among you has the means to establish a family, he should get married, for marriage preserves the chastity of one’s eyes and sexual organ, and whoever cannot afford to establish a family, he must fast from desiring sex, for abstention in that
case will protect him from sin."

Ibn Abbass (RA) one said:

"We recognize that marriage is the best solution for two people who are in love."

It is also narrated in the two collections of correct prophetic traditions that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said:

Allah’s Messenger (SAW) also encouraged people to choose the young and fertile. On this subject, Mu’qal bin Yasar related that a man said to Allah’s Messenger (SAW):

"I found a beautiful woman from a noble family but she cannot bear children, should I marry her? Allah’s Messenger (SAW) replied, "Nay." The man came back and asked a third time and asked the same question, Allah’s Messenger (SAW) turned to his companions and said: "Choose in your wives the fertile and the affectionate, for I shall take pride in your number on the day of judgment."

Hmmm, So how about some Tips?

Imam al-Tirmithi narrated that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said:

"It is among the traditions of Allah’s Messengers to marry, to brush their teeth, to anoint themselves with perfume, and to be circumcised."

Prior to engaging in sexual intercourse, it is necessary for the husband to express his affection and love for his wife by touching her, caressing her, kissing her, and sometimes sucking her tongue. Jabir bin ‘Abdullah narrated that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) enjoined upon a man not to engage in sexual intercourse before caressing his wife.

It is also a prophetic tradition to take a complete ritual ablution (ghusl) after engaging in sexual intercourse and before retiring to sleep, and at least, to take a ritual ablution (wudu), should that man desire to reengage in sexual intercourse anew.

Upon climax, the innate heat transfuses throughout the entire body, and by taking a complete ritual ablution, the water refreshes one’s spirit, and ensures cleanliness and ritual purity. It also rejuvenates the body’s innate heat, musters its caloricity, and helps the gametogenous process. Almighty Allah (SWT) says:

"Verily, We have created man from Nutfah drops of mixed semen (discharge of man and woman), in order to try him, so We made him hearer, seer. (Al-Insan 76:2)
Re: Sex Education In Islam by hymen(f): 2:41pm On Feb 23, 2011
Lagosboy:

Long time sister wink , just a point of correction here as Allah did not say suckle for two years but "Suckle UP to 2 years". A woman could breastfeed for 6 months and some 1 year and some full 2 years.

And God knows best
Suckling for 2 years and 3 days nko ? cheesy

Haram ? undecided
Re: Sex Education In Islam by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 23, 2011
some people with thier foolishless sha

Are you saying we should do more than the required said by Allah

Hymen,pls just scram
Re: Sex Education In Islam by ifyalways(f): 7:16pm On Feb 23, 2011
illusion2:

Ify congrats on your baby.

Daddy can share with Omar these 3 months,no harm at all. It will even help generate more wink
Thanks.
This thread cheesy . . . make i no fall off my chair sha cheesy cheesy
Guess the s.ex education has started already,OP come in and bring it on.
Re: Sex Education In Islam by miftaudeen(m): 9:35pm On Feb 23, 2011
well done Bilms,i really appreciate your effort on this keep it up.thanks for librating us. may ALLAH be with us amin.
Re: Sex Education In Islam by ifyalways(f): 9:42am On Feb 24, 2011
miftaudeen:

well done Bilms,i really appreciate your effort on this keep it up[b].thanks for librating us.[/b] may ALLAH be with us amin.
@bolded,for real?
Me i no see wetin blims do o,he opened this thread and ran away. cheesy
@Topic,How is courtship done in Islam?
When wud sex be said to be "haram-less" btwn a couple?After Nikkah or after the couple decide amongst themselves that they are gonna get married?
Re: Sex Education In Islam by zeeleso(f): 10:53am On Feb 24, 2011
^^Hows ur baby doing? Only After the Nikah is sex permissible
Re: Sex Education In Islam by experts: 11:21am On Feb 24, 2011
to everyone in here waitin for bilms to come on with this.

he called me and said his id was block from postin and dont know when it will be allowed to post.

he try to add some copied material from the internet to his post and he was banned.

may be when i see him , i would allow him use mine.

salam
Re: Sex Education In Islam by bilms(m): 11:31am On Feb 24, 2011
Question and answer about sex.

i am coming up with a clear write ups on it just stay tuned with this from a search.

Sex Education Acceptable In Islam
"There is no shame in knowing one's religion. Ask everything that you do not understand."
Islamic Scholar, Sheikh Sanusi Gumbi of Kaduna, Nigeria, is interviewed by Ilyasu Ibn Muhammad.

Q: Still, at what age should a child know about sexual intercourse?

Gumbi: In modern times, a child of primary school, say age seven, should start knowing these things, before he/she becomes fully mature.

Q: At what age should a child be taught sex education?

Gumbi: As we all know, there is nothing which Islam has not taught its followers. Sex education in Islam is taught theoretically and not practically. If a child is being taught sex education it is not permissible for his teacher to come into body contact with him during the period of study. As long as a person has reached the age of puberty, it is not permissible for him/her to see the thigh of another person. However, sex education can be taught properly. When we look at the book of Buhari, a hadith from the Prophet (PBUH) shows where he (the Prophet) was teaching his companions how to perform purification bath, he said, "if he sits in between her (thighs) and exhausts her, then a purification bath becomes compulsory." Here, he only made a statement which explains how intercourse may take place, but he did not say come and sit here let me demonstrate how it is done. Therefore when teaching, there is no harm in explaining how it is done. There is even no harm in drawing on the board, but not when the teacher and his students come in contact. We have books in Islam, which explain the purification bath, what spoils ablution; some of these things explains how the sperm or semen is emitted.

Q: What is the Islamic perspective on masturbation. Is it proper for young children to learn it?

Gumbi: Whatever it is that Allah has ordered mankind to adhere to and forbid them from, there is no harm in young children knowing about them. They should know them thoroughly and then learn their virtues and vices. All that matters is that they should not see them being done practically, so that they will not attempt doing it.

Q: Is it proper for children to start knowing about sexual oriented vices like homosexuality at such age?

Gumbi: Yes, it is in Islamic books of jurisprudence and history. It has shown that homosexuality and their likes exist. Children should be taught about this, likewise the punishment for it. If you go to our settlements in Northern Nigeria, remote areas where we grew up, you will find young children learning about these things. They learn about them and their punishments, so that by the time they grow up and mature, they will know how to deal with such cases. They should know that it is forbidden.

Q: What is the Islamic view on contraception and what effect does it have on children knowing about them?

Gumbi: Teaching children about contraceptives such as condom, is like encouraging them to go and have sex, because in the Hausa culture, what makes one to migrate to another area is the issue of pregnating a woman out of wedlock. With the introduction of condoms, these people of shameful character have found an avenue to do so as they wish. Therefore it has become necessary for children to know that these things have negative effects, even if they have advantages. They should know that it should be used when lawfully married.

Q: In this part of the country, the mention of sexuality education makes people jittery due to lack of the knowledge of fiqh. Or is it the normal culture here?

Gumbi: People here like to wear the garb of ignorance whereas they know what is true. Somehow they are 100 years backwards. Even what they read in the fiqh books have not fully been comprehended. When in the past sexuality education was not taught, it led people to pregnanting women out of wedlock, which is very shameful. Islam is not against theoretical sex education. It only frowns at the practical aspect. Sex is a natural thing. no animal is taught it. it happens naturally.

Q: Is it permissible for young children to know the intensity of sexual arousement, like where to touch, how a partner should react, and other heated sensations, which cannot be mentioned here?

Gumbi: If it is all in explanation, there is no fault. In Abu Hanifah's school of thought, he said, there is no harm for a person seeking marriage to smell the lady he intends marrying and vice versa and there is also no harm for them looking at each other properly, because they are expected to be life partners. there is no harm in children knowing all these things. All that matters is that there should be no practicals. As a young man growing up, there was a time my Mallam [teacher] was teaching me, you know how raw Sokoto Hausa is [the local language], he said penis in Hausa, he said virgina in Hausa and then was explaining how one enters the other then I laughed, he cautioned me not to laugh and said that "fiqhu cannot be taught without explanation." Even the Prophet (PBUH) was asked by a woman as is narrated by a Hadith reported by Aisha. The woman asked what the Islamic injunction of a woman who sees what a man sees, she was referring to wet dreams, because a woman can have a wet dream just as a man does. Before the Prophet (PBUH) was able to answer, Aisha said to the woman "why are you asking such a question? do you want to embarrass us in front of the Prophet?" the Prophet then said there is no shame in knowing one's religion. Ask everything that you do not understand.

Q: What is the Islamic view on abortion?

Gumbi: Abortion in Islam is haram (forbidden). However, there is the permissible abortion where a married woman is concerned, where it is discovered that if a child would become a nuisance to people if it was born with some deformity or something of that nature. Now, questions where thrown to scholars, where it was agreed that abortion is haram, except in a case where the foetus has not yet matured to become a living being.

Q: Still on sex education, some have the view that sex education should be left as parent's responsibility. What is your view?

Gumbi: There are schools where human mannequins are brought in front of the class and these mannequins are used to demonstrate the sexual act. Muslims have frowned at such demonstrations because children would practice it when it is practically shown to them. However, it has to be taught because children will mature and like we have been stressing, it should be taught theoretically, so that when these children mature, they will know what to do in the light of difficult circumstances and situations that arise in relation to sexual intercourse.

follow the forbidden sex practice here
Re: Sex Education In Islam by ifyalways(f): 12:42pm On Feb 24, 2011
bilms:

Question and answer about sex.

i am coming up with a clear write ups on it just stay tuned with this from a search.

Sex Education Acceptable In Islam
"There is no shame in knowing one's religion. Ask everything that you do not understand."
Islamic Scholar, Sheikh Sanusi Gumbi of Kaduna, Nigeria, is interviewed by Ilyasu Ibn Muhammad.

Q: Still, at what age should a child know about sexual intercourse?

Gumbi: In modern times, a child of primary school, say age seven, should start knowing these things, before he/she becomes fully mature.

Q: At what age should a child be taught sex education?
Gumbi: [b]As we all know, there is nothing which Islam has not taught its followers. Sex education in Islam is taught theoretically and not practically. If a child is being taught sex education it is not permissible for his teacher to come into body contact with him during [/b[b]]the period of study. [/b]As long as a person has reached the age of puberty, it is not permissible for him/her to see the thigh of another person. However, sex education can be taught properly. When we look at the book of Buhari, a hadith from the Prophet (PBUH) shows where he (the Prophet) was teaching his companions how to perform purification bath, he said, "if he sits in between her (thighs) and exhausts her, then a purification bath becomes compulsory." Here, he only made a statement which explains how intercourse may take place, but he did not say come and sit here let me demonstrate how it is done. Therefore when teaching, there is no harm in explaining how it is done. There is even no harm in drawing on the board, but not when the teacher and his students come in contact. We have books in Islam, which explain the purification bath, what spoils ablution; some of these things explains how the sperm or semen is emitted.

Q: What is the Islamic perspective on self-service. Is it proper for young children to learn it?

Gumbi: Whatever it is that Allah has ordered mankind to adhere to and forbid them from, there is no harm in young children knowing about them. They should know them thoroughly and then learn their virtues and vices. All that matters is that they should not see them being done practically, so that they will not attempt doing it.

Q: Is it proper for children to start knowing about sexual oriented vices like homosexuality at such age?

Gumbi: Yes, it is in Islamic books of jurisprudence and history. It has shown that homosexuality and their likes exist. Children should be taught about this, likewise the punishment for it. If you go to our settlements in Northern Nigeria, remote areas where we grew up, you will find young children learning about these things. They learn about them and their punishments, so that by the time they grow up and mature, they will know how to deal with such cases. They should know that it is forbidden.

Q: What is the Islamic view on contraception and what effect does it have on children knowing about them?
Gumbi: Teaching children about contraceptives such as condom, is like encouraging them to go and have sex, because in the Hausa culture, what makes one to migrate to another area is the issue of pregnating a woman out of wedlock. With the introduction of condoms, these people of shameful character have found an avenue to do so as they wish. Therefore it has become necessary for children to know that these things have negative effects, even if they have advantages. They should know that it should be used when lawfully married.

Q: In this part of the country, the mention of sexuality education makes people jittery due to lack of the knowledge of fiqh. Or is it the normal culture here?

Gumbi: People here like to wear the garb of ignorance whereas they know what is true. Somehow they are 100 years backwards. Even what they read in the fiqh books have not fully been comprehended. When in the past sexuality education was not taught, it led people to pregnanting women out of wedlock, which is very shameful. Islam is not against theoretical sex education. It only frowns at the practical aspect. Sex is a natural thing. no animal is taught it. it happens naturally.
Q: Is it permissible for young children to know the intensity of sexual arousement, like where to touch, how a partner should react, and other heated sensations, which cannot be mentioned here?

Gumbi: If it is all in explanation, there is no fault. In Abu Hanifah's school of thought, he said, there is no harm for a person seeking marriage to smell the lady he intends marrying and vice versa and there is also no harm for them looking at each other properly, because they are expected to be life partners. there is no harm in children knowing all these things. All that matters is that there should be no practicals. As a young man growing up, there was a time my Mallam [teacher] was teaching me, you know how raw Sokoto Hausa is [the local language], he said manliness in Hausa, he said virgina in Hausa and then was explaining how one enters the other then I laughed, he cautioned me not to laugh and said that "fiqhu cannot be taught without explanation." Even the Prophet (PBUH) was asked by a woman as is narrated by a Hadith reported by Aisha. The woman asked what the Islamic injunction of a woman who sees what a man sees, she was referring to wet dreams, because a woman can have a wet dream just as a man does. Before the Prophet (PBUH) was able to answer, Aisha said to the woman "why are you asking such a question? do you want to embarrass us in front of the Prophet?" the Prophet then said there is no shame in knowing one's religion. Ask everything that you do not understand.

Q: What is the Islamic view on abortion?

Gumbi: Abortion in Islam is haram (forbidden). However, there is the permissible abortion where a married woman is concerned, where it is discovered that if a child would 4. become a nuisance to people if it was born with some deformity or something of that nature. Now, questions where thrown to scholars, where it was agreed that abortion is haram, except in a case where the foetus has not yet matured to become a living being.

Q: Still on sex education, some have the view that sex education should be left as parent's responsibility. What is your view?

Gumbi: There are schools where human mannequins are brought in front of the class and these mannequins are used to demonstrate the sexual act. Muslims have frowned at such demonstrations because children would practice it when it is practically shown to them. However, it has to be taught because children will mature and like we have been stressing, it should be taught theoretically, so that when these children mature, they will know what to do in the light of difficult circumstances and situations that arise in relation to sexual intercourse.

follow the forbidden sex practice here
Check bolded . . .
1.Does that rule of 'theory ONLY' apply when its parent to child?A mum surely can touch her daughter's private parts in order to drive home certain points. undecided

2.First,what abt Hausa culture,i didn't quite get that line.I don't see teaching ur child abt contraceptives as encouraging them to be wild . . .the society we live in today calls for total education which includes sound sexual educating ,the best education one can get is from the home.Again that line was quite contradictory,u started with don't teach and ended with teach but encourage the kids to make the right choice.

3.Young children as in 7 to 15?
I wud personally subscribe that for adults . . . 18 upwards.

4.Nuisance?That word is horrible please angry

More contributions Please . . .
Re: Sex Education In Islam by hymen(f): 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2011
uplawal:

some people with thier foolishless sha

Are you saying we should do more than the required said by Allah

Hymen,pls just scram
Isn't it funny that Allah that did not intervene in the killing of fellow muslims in North Africa,will some how punish you for breastfeeding your baby for 3 extra days ? undecided

We ascribe everything to Allah. . . .duh !
Re: Sex Education In Islam by ifyalways(f): 9:12pm On Feb 24, 2011
zeeleso:

^^Hows your baby doing? Only After the Nikah is sex permissible
Nonso is fine,Insha Allah .After Nikah?little wonder Jarus is scarce,he is very well busy.lol
Salams.
Re: Sex Education In Islam by zeeleso(f): 7:42am On Feb 25, 2011
ifyalways:

Nonso is fine,Insha Allah .After Nikah?little wonder Jarus is scarce,he is very well busy.lol
Salams.
lol lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Fine name Nonso, wat does it mean
Re: Sex Education In Islam by ifyalways(f): 9:18am On Feb 25, 2011
zeeleso:

lol lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Fine name Nonso, wat does it mean
Full name is Chukwu-No-mu-Nso (Igbo) and it means God is right beside me. smiley
Re: Sex Education In Islam by zeeleso(f): 9:41am On Feb 25, 2011
ifyalways:

Full name is Chukwu-No-mu-Nso (Igbo) and it means God is right beside me. smiley
He shall be right beside ur son all thru his life. Amin
Re: Sex Education In Islam by Araboy(m): 2:36am On Feb 27, 2011
There is no sex education in Islam people are scared to talk about sex which they view as taboo those Imams and clerics should focus on educating their folks instead of ranting against the west and non Muslims
Re: Sex Education In Islam by ifyalways(f): 2:50pm On Feb 27, 2011
Araboy:

There is no sex education in Islam people are scared to talk about sex which they view as taboo those Imams and clerics should focus on educating their folks instead of ranting against the west and non Muslims
Which people are scared and what do u mean by ranting against the west and non-muslims?
Re: Sex Education In Islam by deols(f): 5:33pm On Feb 27, 2011
ifyalways:

Check bolded . . .

3.Young children as in 7 to 15?
I wud personally subscribe that for adults . . . 18 upwards.

More contributions Please . . .

I thnk ds is all about the way Islamic education is-dat u'r not too shy to teach or learn anything, some children are thot the basics of Fiqh at very young ages and those cannot be thought without first talking of d likes of Tahaarat(purity) that can not be explained without a word or two concerning sexuality,

also considering that marriage to minors(not that i support it) can not be ruled out of Islam, a 9 yr old gettn married wld b required to know whats expected of her nd in dat circumstance wldnt b regarded too young to kno dat

I av a personal experience to share. I was in SS2 when I heard a lecture on anal sex as being haraam in Islam. I felt like the Imam shouldnt av given such a lecture. Majority of us there were Students and we even had JSS1 students whom u'd think were too young for that.But, the truth is I never heard a lecture like that after then which means I may never have been aware if d lecture wasnt given.
Re: Sex Education In Islam by deols(f): 5:54pm On Feb 27, 2011
Araboy:

All you wrote is contradictory to what is in d post, The Imam made it clear dat sex education is allowed in Islam and he didnt mention anythn about the west.
Re: Sex Education In Islam by Araboy(m): 4:00am On Feb 28, 2011
@ Ifyalways When I said people are scared I meant Parents Teachers and Imams cuz they all reticent to discuss sex issues and worse the Imams instead of using their khutbas for education reasons they use it to blame the west and non Muslims for their problems  Muslims will not part from the victim mentality and that why they still lacking behind
Re: Sex Education In Islam by ifyalways(f): 8:22am On Feb 28, 2011
deols:

I thnk ds is all about the way Islamic education is-dat u'r not too shy to teach or learn anything, some children are thot the basics of Fiqh at very young ages and those cannot be thought without first talking of d likes of Tahaarat(purity) that can not be explained without a word or two concerning sexuality,

also considering that marriage to minors(not that i support it) can not be ruled out of Islam, a 9 yr old gettn married wld b required to know whats expected of her nd in dat circumstance wldnt b regarded too young to kno dat

I av a personal experience to share. I was in SS2 when I heard a lecture on super-perversion as being haraam in Islam. I felt like the Imam shouldnt av given such a lecture. Majority of us there were Students and we even had JSS1 students whom u'd think were too young for that.But, the truth is I never heard a lecture like that after then which means I may never have been aware if d lecture wasnt given.
Araboy:

@ Ifyalways When I said people are scared I meant Parents Teachers and Imams cuz they all reticent to discuss sex issues and worse the Imams instead of using their khutbas for education reasons they use it to blame the west and non Muslims for their problems  Muslims will not part from the victim mentality and that why they still lacking behind

@Bolded,do they have English meanings?I would prefer English words for easier understanding.
Deols,I personally think its child abuse to sit down a 9 year old girl and start teaching her stuffs like how to make love,etc .
Please is there any surai that clearly states that minors are allowed to marry?Wud love to know smiley
Re: Sex Education In Islam by Araboy(m): 10:03am On Feb 28, 2011
Khutbas means Sermons
Re: Sex Education In Islam by deols(f): 11:32am On Feb 28, 2011
@ ifyalways, fiqh means Islamic jurisprudence. It gives explanations to basic tenets of Islam, acts of worship and how they are to be performed. It also explains d Shariah.

There is no verse of the Qur'an that states that minors should be married. But,we have examples from the life time of the prophet that this wasnt frowned upon which means you dont have to practice it but if you do, there's no Islamic law against it.
Re: Sex Education In Islam by ifyalways(f): 3:31pm On Feb 28, 2011
deols:

@ ifyalways, fiqh means Islamic jurisprudence. It gives explanations to basic tenets of Islam, acts of worship and how they are to be performed. It also explains d Shariah.

There is no verse of the Qur'an that states that minors should be married. But,we have examples from the life time of the prophet that this wasnt frowned upon which means you dont have to practice it but if you do, there's no Islamic law against it.
Thanks dear.Salams
Araboy:

Khutbas means Sermons
Thank you.
This thread has got 2K + views and very lil'replies . . . .
What is wrong?Where is Lagosboy,Muhsin,Zayal,etc undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Date Is Ileya 2011? / Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? / Which Muslim Artiste Do You Love Listening To Their Nasheeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.