Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood (3501 Views)

Jennifer Lopez & Ben Affleck Are ‘Headed For A Divorce,’ He ‘Already Moved Out' / Xxxtentacion Moved Into A $1.4m Mansion Before He Was Killed (Photos) / Charly Boy With His 100-Year-Old Mother In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by StagethemTVee: 9:57am On Aug 27, 2020
A 100 years old building in Shengzhou China had to be shifted 55 meters as moving it in one piece was seen as the best way to save it and preserve the significant heritage it holds. The work was part of wider project to improve flooding in the area and prevent the culture and heritage the building holds from being destroyed by flood. This is so remarkable looking at the tools used and it shows the value the country places on its monuments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlffrBfjc_M

1 Like

Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by Righteousness89(m): 10:02am On Aug 27, 2020
Modern day Pharoah has had his Land Shattered, Battered and Scattered by Fearful and Earth shaking Events in Past few days , weeks and Months..

Human beings are very Stubborn!
We don't learn From the Errors of others..
The Modern day Pharoah was beginning to play god. Unfortunately GOD does not Share His Glory with anyone..

Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by Kiddogarcia(m): 10:09am On Aug 27, 2020
Oga righteousness89,I see you for up, but abeg check siggy
Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by GODSENT252: 10:14am On Aug 27, 2020
Pls i didnt get to watch the video,but please how was a whole building moved in one piece
Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by illicit(m): 10:16am On Aug 27, 2020
Can u imagine

1 Like

Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by umarshehu58(m): 10:16am On Aug 27, 2020
GODSENT252:
Pls i didnt get to watch the video,but please how was a whole building moved in one piece

They don't do foundation like our own method. If you are used to waching movies, you will see that someone can even crawl underneath the building. That is why it is possible to move the whole building

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by GODSENT252: 10:19am On Aug 27, 2020
umarshehu58:

They don't do foundation like our own method. If you are used to waching movies, you will see that someone can even crawl underneath the building. That is why it is possible to move the whole building
okay. Thanks alot sir.
Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by ChangedMan1999(m): 10:25am On Aug 27, 2020
Tell me how hungry and angry people can dream of this, talk more of executing it.

Do you think China will have an atom of respect for us after selling phones with malware to us. If not for BBC half of us would be using those phones.

3 Likes

Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by muchroom(m): 10:29am On Aug 27, 2020
I disagree with you.This is not about the type of foundation. Choice of foundation is dependent on soil type and dead weight of structure/live weights it will carry, choice of construction materials, and not the country. We are talking about a weak and old storey building. A lot of intelligence went into that move. Don't make it seem like it is something easy and no big deal.
umarshehu58:

5 Likes

Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by Charmingrascal(m): 11:40am On Aug 27, 2020
Righteousness89:
Modern day Pharoah has had his Land Shattered, Battered and Scattered by Fearful and Earth shaking Events in Past few days , weeks and Months..

The Modern day Pharoah was beginning to play god. Unfortunately GOD does not Share His Glory with anyone..

Even though I have no issue with your posts, it is a good thing to spread the good will messages of our Lord Jesus Christ but my perspective about you changed few days ago when you show ur dishonesty and hypocrisy on a thread here.

Live what you preach, those who pervert the truth and hypocrites won't make the Kingdom of God.

Shalom!
Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by Righteousness89(m): 11:43am On Aug 27, 2020
[s]
Charmingrascal:

Even though I have no issue with your posts, it is a good thing to spread the good will messages of our Lord Jesus Christ but my perspective about you changed few days ago when you show ur dishonesty and hypocrisy on a thread here.

Live what you preach, those who pervert the truth and hypocrites won't make the Kingdom of God.

Shalom!

[/s]
My Dear,
I am too Busy with The Work!
It is too Late to Distract us!!
I Cannot be Distracted!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by sunshineV(f): 1:59pm On Aug 27, 2020
Righteousness89:

lol u will keep wailing on every thread still the world will never come to an end. ur parents will grow old and die even u will grow old and die and ur kids will continue d wailing till dey eventually die still d world will still be here. i doubt ur god can end dis world we are humans and we are highly underated u will realize dis wen u turn 70 yrs old and dis world is still very much alive. shalom

2 Likes

Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by Nicepoker(m): 2:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
GODSENT252:
Their foundation is like a pre fabricated structure built separately on a permanent chassis before being transported to where it will be positioned.
Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by StagethemTVee: 2:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
That's the method used for building the new hall structures in Unilag. Precast construction. This is quiet impressive and informative, Messrs lalasticlala and mynd44
Nicepoker:
Their foundation is like a pre fabricated structure built separately on a permanent chassis before being transported to where it will be positioned.
Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by div111(m): 3:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
in my kwantry, if a governor builds a mediocre structure, everyone will be hailing and singing his praises

make nobody quote me oo

1 Like

Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by SouthNigerian: 5:00pm On Aug 27, 2020
How did the chinese achieve this great feat?
Because the Leaders over there have successfully inprinted a mind of possibilities in her citizens.

The believe that they the Chinese are capable of making anything happen, have caused the energy of creativity to descend on the Chinese community.

If only we have Leaders here in Nigeria capable of unlocking the qualities living in Nigerians, we'll understand our natural resources including Crude Oil to be bonuses to the already Values laying in Nigerians.
Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by Gosj01(m): 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nice one.

I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.

Details on my signature
Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
ChangedMan1999:
Tell me how hungry and angry people can dream of this, talk more of executing it.

Do you think China will have an atom of respect for us after selling phones with malware to us. If not for BBC half of us would be using those phones.
We are still metamorphosing.
We dey at the Larva stage of human advancement
Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by Imiete(m): 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
Righteousness89:

Guy take am easy,no bi every matter u go turn to preaching.
Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by merieam16(f): 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
Intresting
Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 27, 2020
How was that possible? Was it with foundation they moved it?

Will it still be safe to live in it after the moving and shaking? Chinese and weird things...
Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by rexchazy(m): 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2020
Will u kee quayet! people are using innovation and creativity to do profer solutions to challenging situation, u re talking about pharoah, little wonder Africa is where it is cause religion have clouded our sense of productivity and innovation. Do something meaningful with ur life ( even your Bible and Jesus said u should occupy till he comes) Pls stop fooling around and be impactful.
Righteousness89:

1 Like

Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
Righteousness89:

My Dear,
I am too Busy with The Work!
It is too Late to Distract us!!
I Cannot be Distracted!!
he can’t distract you. He’s an agent of Satan, from the beginning his father Satan is a lier and a murderer. The descendants of Islamists, atheists and Buddhists. They’ve got no other option than to repent and Accept Christ or they spend their eternity in hell

1 Like

Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by StagethemTVee: 12:31pm On Aug 28, 2020
Yes it was moved with the foundations. Trenches were dug around the foundation and some form of hydraulics were used to support and roll the building slowly to the new location.
Brachaa:
How was that possible? Was it with foundation they moved it?

Will it still be safe to live in it after the moving and shaking? Chinese and weird things...
Re: A 100 Year Old Building Moved "Whole" In China To Save It From Flood by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Yes it was moved with the foundations. Trenches were dug around the foundation and some form of hydraulics were used to support and roll the building slowly to the new location.

Oh.. I see.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Pic Of The Day - Fight Between Celebrities / Photos: Nigerian Female Football Stars Looking Lovely In All White / Dear Jay Z: Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be Discovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.