Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) (8119 Views)

Photos Of Ogus Baba House. Now A Landlord In Lekki (Photos) / Meet Eze Money, The Owner Of The House Okoro Blessing Claimed Was Hers / John Abayomi Aruleba Is The Owner Of Instablog9ja - Linda Ikeji Apologises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by TMKsouth: 5:13pm On Aug 27, 2020
A massive house on the banks of the Vaal River in Vereeniging (60km from Johannesburg) has just been put on the market.

The so-called 'Vaal Castle', which spans 6,240m², is believed to be the biggest house in South Africa.

KENNEDY BUNGANE

The property is currently owned by the family trust of the 45-year old Kennedy Bungane, a former Absa Bank executive. Bungane told the Financial Mail that he is in a legal dispute with Absa over the sale, which he wants to prevent.

He joined Absa from Standard Bank in 2012 and served as Chief Executive of Barclays Africa with responsibility for 13 banks in the rest of the continent.

He led the sale of Barclays to ABSA in a transaction that led to the formation of Barclays Africa Group Limited in September 2013, and then led the formulation of the “One Barclays in Africa strategy.

THE PROPERTY

- The property has a 9-hole golf course
- a large amphitheatre
- a boat house at the river and its own dam

- the house itself has three floors, a staff annex, 8 bedroom suites, 5 living rooms, a "music room" and vaulted safe rooms in case of attack
- "regal" fixtures and fittings
- outdoor pool and a heated indoor pool
- a steam room and a gym
- there's an elevator connecting the floors
- the rooms have views of the Vaal River

- the house has a massive dining hall, with chairs embroidered with a "B", presumably for Bungane
- the main suite has its own kitchen, lounge and dining area
- the massive basement has four entertainment or conference venues, as well as "the structural framework for a generously proportioned home cinema".

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by TMKsouth: 5:17pm On Aug 27, 2020
-

Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by Coolkid11(m): 5:18pm On Aug 27, 2020
How much
Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by Samfloxin(m): 5:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
How do I I buy ?
Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by TMKsouth: 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
Coolkid11:
How much

Undisclosed.
Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by donbachi(m): 5:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
TMKsouth wetin dey sup?been awhile..I'm interested.wanna use it as poultry farm.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by TMKsouth: 5:48pm On Aug 27, 2020
donbachi:
TMKsouth wetin dey sup?been awhile..I'm interested.wanna use it as poultry farm.

Wow! It's that ugly grin Or you just massively rich? cool
Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by donbachi(m): 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
TMKsouth:

Wow! It's that ugly grin Or you just massively rich? cool
hahaha!

1 Like

Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by TMKsouth: 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
donbachi:
hahaha!

Wassup man, indeed it's been long. What does "wetin dey sup" mean?
Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by TMKsouth: 6:02pm On Aug 27, 2020
Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by donbachi(m): 6:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
TMKsouth:

how are u?
Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by donbachi(m): 6:06pm On Aug 27, 2020
TMKsouth:

same thing as wassup.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by TMKsouth: 6:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
donbachi:
same thing as wassup.

Thanks. Will use it in Hillbrow cool grin
Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by donbachi(m): 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2020
TMKsouth:

ok.u can also use "how e dey be na"
Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by TMKsouth: 6:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
donbachi:
how are u?

Cool, can't complain. Winter's wrapping up and the plants are beginning to blossom again. Finally, some warm weather. So I'm happy!

And you?
Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by TMKsouth: 6:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
donbachi:
ok.u can also use "how e dey be na"

Always willing to learn new languages. So are both these pidgin? Don't wanna offend my Igbo barber with Yoruba - and vice versa.
Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by donbachi(m): 6:18pm On Aug 27, 2020
TMKsouth:

Always willing to learn new languages. So are both these pidgin? Don't wanna offend my Igbo barber with Yoruba - and vice versa.
spend more time with them,to enable u learn pidgin english.its lovely.
Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by TMKsouth: 6:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
donbachi:
spend more time with them,to enable u learn pidgin english.its lovely.

Unfortunately it's not easy spending time with Nigerian men in particular - there's stigma.

But I judge people by their personal character.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by donbachi(m): 6:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
TMKsouth:

Unfortunately it's not easy spending time with Nigerian men in particular - there's stigma.

But I judge people by their personal character.
cos of the stereotype thing.the truth is dat,nigerians are fun to be with.though,does not like been intimidated.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by TMKsouth: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
donbachi:
cos of the stereotype thing.the truth is dat,nigerians are fun to be with.though,does not like been intimidated.

The guy I sometimes do my hair at seems alright. Will definitely try out my pidgin with him.
Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by donbachi(m): 7:18pm On Aug 27, 2020
TMKsouth:

The guy I sometimes do my hair at seems alright. Will definitely try out my pidgin with him.
try it..u gonna like it.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 9:12pm On Aug 27, 2020
Living large.
Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 9:14pm On Aug 27, 2020
TMKsouth:

Dangerous.
Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by TMKsouth: 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2020
WannaHowzit:
Living large.

Here is the most expensive house in Cape Town.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by TMKsouth: 11:32pm On Aug 27, 2020
My personal style. cool cool cool One day you'll all be reading bout me. grin

Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by pretydiva(f): 6:05am On Aug 28, 2020
Hmm
Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by BrightAhiah(m): 6:44am On Aug 28, 2020
Samfloxin:
How do I I buy ?

pls help a Private school teacher with any amount for foodstuff and medications for kids as God will richly reward you.

2209969102, Zenith Bank
Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by Vyzz: 8:33am On Aug 28, 2020
Its a cool building...

But not my style..

I like the environment, very spacious... I like space..

Can I pay installment-aly?

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by TMKsouth: 10:15am On Aug 28, 2020
Vyzz:
Its a cool building...

But not my style..

I like the environment, very spacious... I like space..

Can I pay installment-aly?

grin grin grin

I'm certain they'll give preference to someone willing to pay cash upfront.
Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by Soulsymbol99: 2:08pm On Aug 28, 2020
Nothing new,even Bezos can go broke 2moro undecided

1 Like

Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by TMKsouth: 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2020
Soulsymbol99:
Nothing new,even Bezos can go broke 2moro undecided

I doubt he's broke, he's running Shanduka now - the president's company.
Re: Meet The Owner Of South Africa's Largest House, Now Up For Sale (PICS) by 24SEVEN: 3:27pm On Aug 28, 2020
TMKsouth:

Nigerian Pidgin for What's Up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson Okojie Picture Before And After Birth / MI Abaga Announces New Release Date For Fourth Studio Album ‘Yung Denzl’ / Lets Talk About Jackie Appiah Agyemang

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.