Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,436 members, 7,853,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:59 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1390113 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by JIREN01: 2:31pm On Feb 17, 2021
phabulous88:

Use your current name for WES application.

However, when including the credentials you want to evaluate, use the name as it appears on your certificate/transcript (your maiden name)
Please I want to ask as this has been bothering me. The date of birth on my transcript is 1996, while every other documents, including my WAEC, NYSC, and international passport, bears 1997. Is it likely I face any problem with this? sad sad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by EsoEso: 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2021
JIREN01:
Please I want to ask as this has been bothering me. The date of birth on my transcript is 1996, while every other documents, including my WAEC, NYSC, and international passport, bears 1997. Is it likely I face any problem with this? sad sad
No.
Your ECA will reflect the DOB on your transcripts. BUT IRC will use the DOB on your In't passport to establish your real DOB should they want to clear any ambiguity
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by JIREN01: 3:00pm On Feb 17, 2021
EsoEso:

No.
Your ECA will reflect the DOB on your transcripts. BUT IRC will use the DOB on your In't passport to establish your real DOB should they want to clear any ambiguity
Thank you very much sir.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jigga11: 3:07pm On Feb 17, 2021
MrPein:
Travel restrictions extended by 2 months.
Really sad.

Very sad. We all wait till April for the FSW draw.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 17, 2021
amaya21:
She is really favored sha. London has had my stuff for a month now. To think I thought they'd be fast angry angry angry

They should be more responsive than Lagos VFS though, try calling/emailing to follow up, or maybe it's not VFS delays now but the VOs....na wa!

Every stage of this EE is a battle.....
To pass IELTS, to conquer TEF, school & transcript, hustling of POF, in some cases convincing of spouses....all this is without COVID.

Then COVID came with PPR delays, expiring COPR, remedicals, travel restrictions....

#GodHelpUs
#CoronaCome&Go

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by amaya21: 3:45pm On Feb 17, 2021
It's not VFS, it's the VO this time. I've been following up with both quite regularly.

Every stage has its own wahala. #CoronaComeAndGo.

Mmamaroon:

They should be more responsive than Lagos VFS though, try calling/emailing to follow up, or maybe it's not VFS delays now but the VOs....na wa!

To pass IELTS, to conquer TEF, school & transcript, hustling of POF, in some cases convincing of spouses....all this is without COVID.

Then COVID came with PPR delays, expiring travel restrictions....

#GodHelpUs
#CoronaCome&Go
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Goodskills: 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2021
Jigga11:

Very sad. We all wait till April for the FSW draw.

Is this confirmed or just a prediction
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 5:07pm On Feb 17, 2021
JIREN01:

Have you evaluated your credentials with this transcript?
If not, I'll advise that you contact your school and get them to correct the DOB on your transcript.
If yes, I'll still advise you contact your school and correct the discrepancy on your transcript. Then contact the ECA body to correct the ECA report.

Know this: IRCC does not specifically request for transcripts but they have a copy of your ECA report, and your date of birth (from your transcript I think) is clearly written on your ECA report. You don't want to spend all these time and money getting into the pool and receiving an ITA, only for a discrepancy in your DOB to affect your chances.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DFreeze: 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2021
Lunah:

Thank you for the reply.
I got a full sponsorship to study there that's why I am going to Germany. It's a good offer right?
Thank you so much for the reply. I appreciate!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DFreeze: 5:36pm On Feb 17, 2021
This could be a problem if the agent handling it sees it. It's safe to make your data to be in sync.

JIREN01:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 6:16pm On Feb 17, 2021
Mmamaroon:

#GodHelpUs
#CoronaCome&Go
That spouse convincing is the biggest of all the problems o grin

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by mobenjackson(m): 6:18pm On Feb 17, 2021
Mmamaroon:

#GodHelpUs
#CoronaCome&Go

That line... "Every stage of this EE is a battle"... is very valid...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 6:24pm On Feb 17, 2021
Mmamaroon:

#GodHelpUs
#CoronaCome&Go
for those who schooled in places like usa, uk, Europe and Asia. They understand better. To get Permanent residency no be beans o. Some spend 5 to 10 years just to get PR.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by amaya21: 6:25pm On Feb 17, 2021
Me sef I passed through this one grin grin grin

Debbieeeeeee:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jenolyfavour: 6:48pm On Feb 17, 2021
EsoEso post=thank you very much:

The primary document used by IRC to estsblish DOB is any travelling document e.g your in't passport. So if the DOB in his passport is correct then you need not to fear
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by JIREN01: 7:11pm On Feb 17, 2021
phabulous88:

If not, I'll advise that you contact your school and get them to correct the DOB on your transcript.
If yes, I'll still advise you contact your school and correct the discrepancy on your transcript. Then contact the ECA body to correct the ECA report.

Know this: IRCC does not specifically request for transcripts but they have a copy of your ECA report, and your date of birth (from your transcript I think) is clearly written on your ECA report. You don't want to spend all these time and money getting into the pool and receiving an ITA, only for a discrepancy in your DOB to affect your chances.
I'm yet to start the process; thanks very much for your input. I'll do that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by JIREN01: 7:12pm On Feb 17, 2021
DFreeze:
This could be a problem if the agent handling it sees it. It's safe to make your data to be in sync.

I'll try and get through to my school. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by cc150615(f): 7:39pm On Feb 17, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

sisss, e be things mehn

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by JIREN01: 7:56pm On Feb 17, 2021
DFreeze:

Letter of explanation (LOE) is only useful when there's a gray area in your application where you may need to explain further for the immigration officer handling your case, to understand. If everything in your application is straight-forward then, there's absolutely no need for an LOE.
Can I make use of LOE for the discrepancy in DOB as the procedure for rectifying this in my transcript seems very long?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ifeLoves(m): 7:58pm On Feb 17, 2021
I have a quick question to the guru's in the house.
I have fixed my pof since May 2019. I finally submitted sometime in May of 2020 and i am awaiting PPR.

I am extremely short of funds right now and i am thinking of withdrawing part of my POF to meet my needs right now.
The funds will be put back within a month.

Will this affect my chances of getting my PPR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 8:29pm On Feb 17, 2021
ifeLoves:
I have fixed my pof since May 2019. I finally submitted sometime in May of 2020 and i am awaiting PPR.

I am extremely short of funds right now and i am thinking of withdrawing part of my POF to meet my needs right now.

Lol.. If this is a joke, please stop it!

If you're for real, then on a serious note, I would advise that it's more sensible to look for somewhere to take a loan now to neutralise your needs and then pay back with the money you're so sure will come within a month's time.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 17, 2021
ifeLoves:

Don't do it Ife.....probably safer not to touch your POF.....you've come this far already....it will be over soon by God's grace.

As the last speaker said borrow chop money instead.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MrRomanticLover: 10:06pm On Feb 17, 2021
ShoeShineGuy:

Lol.. If this is a joke, please stop it!

If you're for real, then on a serious note, I would advise that it's more sensible to look for somewhere to take a loan now to neutralise your needs and then pay back with the money you're so sure will come within a month's time.

Just curious, since the money will be paid back, how is it a problem?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 17, 2021
MrRomanticLover:

The common interpretation of the rules require POF to be intact from application till landing: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

It may be that this interpretation is too strict and may even be incorrect (we have not covered this part of the syllabus in my VO training classes)......but I wouldn't want to find out from personal experience...let another applicant try it and tell us grin

Besides that, what happens if he gets an ADR for last 12 months SOA that must be responded to within 7 days during the period when money is less than complete?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ola2j: 10:32pm On Feb 17, 2021
phabulous88:

Not really. The date of birth on your eca report is what you provide(application form&passport). Most transcripts don't even carry dob. Unilag(cmul), unilorin, lautech(i think) do not carry age. It's easy to know. Request for an official transcript, use a made up company name as the recipient&use your house address. Wes used to use waec&neco to confirm age before but for some reason they stopped
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 17, 2021
JIREN01:
Can I make use of LOE for the discrepancy in DOB as the procedure for rectifying this in my transcript seems very long?

The seemingly LONG process of rectifying the dob on your transcript is what will settle the matter once and for all......as 2 people have already advised...... so that you're not asking this question again in a couple of years.

https://www.nairaland.com/5590631/how-resolve-wrong-date-birth#85059825

DOB is so important that Damian Eze born on 14 Feb 1992 is actually a different individual from Damian Eze born on 14 Feb 1993. I don't know if LOE resolves this type of issue.

I believe WES will indicate any dob discrepancy if you use them and a dob is included in your school transcript (from NL stories shared). A VO may completely miss it and not notice, on the other hand you may meet a VO who does.

You may want to search NL for "eca wes dob date birth" to read other age discrepancy gist.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 17, 2021
ednut1:
for those who schooled in places like usa, uk, Europe and Asia. They understand better. To get Permanent residency no be beans o. Some spend 5 to 10 years just to get PR.

It's not beans at all and I'm grateful for the opportunity. IRCC actually have one of the best thought-out immigration schemes.

#NothingGoodComesEasy
#WeAreDLucky1s

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by JIREN01: 11:04pm On Feb 17, 2021
Mmamaroon:

This LONG process of rectifying the dob on your transcript is what will settle the matter once and for all......as 2 people have already advised...... so that you're not asking this question again in a couple of years.

DOB is so important that Damian Eze born on 14 Feb 1992 is actually a different individual from Damian Eze born on 14 Feb 1993. I don't know if LOE resolves this type of issue.

I believe WES will indicate any dob discrepancy if you use them (from NL stories shared). A VO may completely miss it and not notice, on the other hand you may meet a VO who does.

You may want to search NL for "eca wes dob date birth" to read other age discrepancy gist.

thanks so much for your input
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by JIREN01: 11:06pm On Feb 17, 2021
Mmamaroon:

This LONG process of rectifying the dob on your transcript is what will settle the matter once and for all......as 2 people have already advised...... so that you're not asking this question again in a couple of years.

I believe WES will indicate any dob discrepancy if you use them (from NL stories shared). A VO may completely miss it and not notice, on the other hand you may meet a VO who does.

Thanks so much for your input.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 11:52pm On Feb 17, 2021
MrRomanticLover:

Honestly bro, I don't know but let's believe that there are Village Visa Officers working in consonance with Village People. As it was pointed out above, what if in between the time the OP takes out the money, an ADR for PoF update comes? How will he ever explain the missing sum?

..Some might actually have done such and gotten away with it but all in all, .. it's always better to be safe than sorry as they used to say.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ifeanyi1977(m): 2:36am On Feb 18, 2021
Can Nigerian person use TEF as first Language and IELTS as second Language?

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (729)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.