Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Tier2 General UK Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tier2 General UK Visa (3044 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Documents To Provide For UK Tier2 Dependants Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tier2 General UK Visa by Erica414: 9:38am On Aug 28, 2020
Hi guys..
Hope you all are doing fine?.Can we please start a new thread on the Tier2 Uk General Visa so that people like me who want to take part in this type of Visa can know the process and how to get started.I found out that there’s no particular thread for this type of Visa here in Nairaland.Please if you’ve gone through the process or if you are still in the process,kindly write your experience here.Anyone with necessary information about the Tier2 general Visa is also welcomed to shed more light into this.Thank you guys.
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by Rerin: 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2020
I am following to know the process as well.
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by Kampack: 4:41pm On Aug 30, 2020
Why not visit the UK Border Agency Website. There have been enormous changes recently, especially with the introduction of the point based system to commence in a few months time.
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by Olalekank(m): 6:29pm On Aug 30, 2020
Following
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by Erica414: 10:55am On Aug 31, 2020
Kampack:
Why not visit the UK Border Agency Website. There have been enormous changes recently, especially with the introduction of the point based system to commence in a few months time.
okay I’ll check it out
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by iknowexperts: 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2020
The UK Tier 2 Visa is the visa you apply for if you have been offered employment in the UK.

That means one of the main requirement is that you must have a job offer before you can be granted this visa.

To boost your chances of getting a UK job offer, you can check out jobs that are classified under "Shortage Occupation."

Shortage Occupation are sectors where there is a shortage of skilled workers. So the UK makes it easier for people to get a visa when they get a "Shortage occupation" job.

These jobs range a wide degree of sectors: from engineers, web designers, medical practitioners, chefs, teachers etc.

There is also the Health and Care visa which is also under the General Tier 2 visa. Application for this visa started just on the 4th of August this year.

It makes it relatively very easy, cheap and fast for Health Practitioners to immigrate to the UK... provided they have a job offer, and they are QUALIFIED to practice in the UK.

As a side note: The UK are really in need of health workers from different professions... and they showed it in this visa.

So, in general, make sure your papers are ready (or almost ready) then you start applying for UK jobs.

When you get a job, you are issued a certificate of sponsorship that you will use and apply for a visa. Within 3 months (or within 3 weeks for Health and Care visa) you will be issued a visa.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by Rerin: 6:34pm On Sep 01, 2020
Please help with the link for health and care visa requirements as well as jobsites for health and others

iknowexperts:
The UK Tier 2 Visa is the visa you apply for if you have been offered employment in the UK.

That means one of the main requirement is that you must have a job offer before you can be granted this visa.

To boost your chances of getting a UK job offer, you can check out jobs that are classified under "Shortage Occupation."

Shortage Occupation are sectors where there is a shortage of skilled workers. So the UK makes it easier for people to get a visa when they get a "Shortage occupation" job.

These jobs range a wide degree of sectors: from engineers, web designers, medical practitioners, chefs, teachers etc.

There is also the Health and Care visa which is also under the General Tier 2 visa. Application for this visa started just on the 4th of August this year.

It makes it relatively very easy, cheap and fast for Health Practitioners to immigrate to the UK... provided they have a job offer, and they are QUALIFIED to practice in the UK.

As a side note: The UK are really in need of health workers from different professions... and they showed it in this visa.

So, in general, make sure your papers are ready (or almost ready) then you start applying for UK jobs.

When you get a job, you are issued a certificate of sponsorship that you will use and apply for a visa. Within 3 months (or within 3 weeks for Health and Care visa) you will be issued a visa.
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by iknowexperts: 12:11am On Sep 02, 2020
Rerin:
Please help with the link for health and care visa requirements as well as jobsites for health and others

Hello Rerin,

UK Healthcare jobs => https://www.jobs.nhs.uk

UK jobs ( general ) => https://www.monster.co.uk/
https://www.indeed.co.uk/
https://www.gumtree.com/jobs/uk etc

UK Health and Care visa => https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-health-care-visa
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by Erica414: 7:20am On Sep 04, 2020
iknowexperts:

thank you so much for the info but then do we need to register with HCPC in order to practice in the Uk
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by Erica414: 7:22am On Sep 04, 2020
Erica414:
thank you so much for the info but then do we need to register with HCPC in order to practice in the Uk
what is actually the first step to take if you want to get a job or practice your profession in the UK..that is where people get really confused..or can one just go to the nhs site and start applying for jobs?
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by iknowexperts: 10:26pm On Sep 04, 2020
Erica414:

HCPC regulates 15 health professions.

If your profession is one of the 15, then yes.
You need to register before you can practise in the UK
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by iknowexperts: 10:39pm On Sep 04, 2020
Erica414:
what is actually the first step to take if you want to get a job or practice your profession in the UK..that is where people get really confused..or can one just go to the nhs site and start applying for jobs?

No you can't just go to the NHS site and start applying for jobs.

You must first be certified fit to practise in the UK by the relevant professional body.

Each profession has a body that regulates it and licenses its practitioners.
This is true not only for the UK but all over the world too.

Bottom line is first be fit to practise in the UK. Then start applying for jobs.

Its ok to start the job applications as soon as you start yòur professional registrations in the UK.

The goid thing is you can do these regustrations outside of the UK.
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by Erica414: 8:17am On Sep 05, 2020
iknowexperts:

HCPC regulates 15 health professions.

If your profession is one of the 15, then yes.
You need to register before you can practise in the UK
thank you
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by Erica414: 8:19am On Sep 05, 2020
More ideas and informations on this type of visa are welcomed..anyone that has gone through the process should also tell us his/her experience
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by ImDStar: 1:57pm On Sep 05, 2020
Erica414:
More ideas and informations on this type of visa are welcomed..anyone that has gone through the process should also tell us his/her experience

I like this suggestion.
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by Rerin: 4:33pm On Sep 05, 2020
Thank so much for this. God bless you

iknowexperts:

Hello Rerin,

UK Healthcare jobs => https://www.jobs.nhs.uk

UK jobs ( general ) => https://www.monster.co.uk/
https://www.indeed.co.uk/
https://www.gumtree.com/jobs/uk etc

UK Health and Care visa => https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-health-care-visa
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by flinton(m): 5:48pm On Sep 11, 2020
wiselong:
Hi flinton,

Please do you know if HCPC accepts Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science?

Thank you

I think so because there are band 3(mls assistants) and band 4 (mls technicians) jobs
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by wiselong: 11:31pm On Sep 11, 2020
flinton:

I think so because there are band 3(mls assistants) and band 4 (mls technicians) jobs

Thank you for your response but I noticed from the registration form, there is no Medical Laboratory Scientist among the listed professions

Can you advice on this? Thank you
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by flinton(m): 11:54pm On Sep 11, 2020
wiselong:

Thank you for your response but I noticed from the registration form, there is no Medical Laboratory Scientist among the listed professions

Biomedical scientist
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by wiselong: 10:22am On Sep 12, 2020
Thank you for the clarification

flinton:

Biomedical scientist
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by euniq: 10:39am On Sep 12, 2020
flinton:

Biomedical scientist

But biomedical scientist was not included in the shortage occupation list. I saw nursing, radiography and others.
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by Uyigue12(m): 10:15am On Sep 13, 2020
Good morning pls , I just need a little advice from the gurus in the house pls I intend relocating to uk or Canada but as it stands maybe Uk will be a best bet for me pls can I hussle with a visit/tourist visa codedly and how possible to change my visa status and how possible do I get Pr / ILR in Uk and pls does it with the risk cos a friend told me if caught with tourist visa is 6 months jail term and 10 yrs ban ..... Pls what can of visa can I easly get from here to hussle and stay legally In Uk pls urgent advice will be appreciated and to those who bash insults your also welcome
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by flinton(m): 8:31pm On Sep 13, 2020
Uyigue12:
Good morning pls , I just need a little advice from the gurus in the house pls I intend relocating to uk or Canada but as it stands maybe Uk will be a best bet for me pls can I hussle with a visit/tourist visa codedly and how possible to change my visa status and how possible do I get Pr / ILR in Uk and pls does it with the risk cos a friend told me if caught with tourist visa is 6 months jail term and 10 yrs ban ..... Pls what can of visa can I easly get from here to hussle and stay legally In Uk pls urgent advice will be appreciated and to those who bash insults your also welcome
https://www.nairaland.com/5233246/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part
U might get an answer on this thread
Re: Tier2 General UK Visa by noblealuu: 2:35pm On Sep 26, 2020
wiselong:

Have you started the process?

(1) (Reply)

Thanksgiving Party In Dallas: Inviting All Nairalanders In The Proximity / Some Lastma Bills, Fines & Penalties / HELP: How Can I Get To Eric Moore Road From Mile 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.