Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,449 members, 7,836,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

My Wife Is A Thief - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is A Thief (1337 Views)

"My Wife Is A Prostitute" - Husband / My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job / My Wife Is Pregnant For An ‘Okada’ Man, Pastor Laments In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Is A Thief by aloyemeka1: 8:29pm On Feb 19, 2011
[size=14pt]My wife is a thief, prostitute, man tells court[/size]

News Friday, February 18, 2011

Abeokuta- A 48-year-old business man, Okanlawon Oloyede, on Friday told an Abeokuta Customary Court Grade 2, that his wife, Lateefat, was a thief and a prostitute.

While asking for the dissolution of the marriage, he also told the court that they had been married for 12 years with two children aged 11 years and 10 years

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/feb/18/318.html

Okanlawon alleged that he had caught Lateefat with two different men on two occasions in their matrimonial home.

He added that she does not stop at infidelity, but also stole from him and their neighbours.

“My wife is a thief and a prostitute; she cannot deny the fact that I have caught her twice with another man in my own house,” he alleged.

The plantiff said that he had ordered her out of his house since September 2010 due to her behaviour.

He, thereafter, appealed to the court to dissolve the union, and promised to take good care of the children.

Reacting to the allegations, Lateefat, a 32-year-old trader, denied Okanlawon's claims, and said that they were all fabricated and unfounded.

She said that if truly she brought men home as alleged, Okanlawon should have reported to her parents, relatives or to the police.

“The truth is that, this man is a liar, he wants me to go so that he can take another wife, no problem, but why resort to telling lies against me?” she asked.

Lateefat, who consented to the dissolution, however, appealed that the court should give an order to Okanlawon to take care of the children and to permit her to see them whenever she wished.

Delivering judgment, the President of the court, Chief Ishola Fajebe, regretted that all the peace moves made by the court to reconcile the estranged couple had failed.

He said that the court was left with no option, but to dissolve the union to avoid bloodshed.

He, thereafter, dissolved the marriage accordingly.

Ishola orderd that Lateefat must be permitted to see her children whenever she wished, and advised her never “to make any trouble when visiting the children”.

He said that any action that was contrary to the judgment of the court by any of the parties should be immediately reported to the police with copies of the judgment
Re: My Wife Is A Thief by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2011
E no know b4 marriage undecided
Re: My Wife Is A Thief by aloyemeka2: 11:19am On Mar 19, 2011
How e go know?
Re: My Wife Is A Thief by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 21, 2011
aloy-emeka:

How e go know?
loooooooooooool
Re: My Wife Is A Thief by jasman1: 9:38pm On Mar 21, 2011
Most of these type of divorce cases are mostly the Yorubas, or are other State News papers not reporting their own cases. Is it me just noticing this?
Re: My Wife Is A Thief by jamace(m): 4:43am On Mar 22, 2011
^^^Hope you are not trying to stir the hornets nest?

Divorce is rampant in every tribe and tongue these days. Most are connected with roving/parambulating manliness and womanliness. grin
Re: My Wife Is A Thief by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 22, 2011
jamace:

^^^Hope you are not trying to stir the hornets nest?

Divorce is rampant in every tribe and tongue these days. Most are connected with roving/parambulating manliness and womanliness. grin
Mu he he

(1) (Reply)

Would I Ever Get Married? / Baby Born After Parents Killed In Car Wreck On Way To Hospital / 15 Questions Every Parent Should Ask When The Kids Get Home From School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.