Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination (28384 Views)

UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) / 27 Months Salary Arrears: Osun Tertiary Institutions Embark On Industrial Action / SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Islie: 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2020
A coalition of holders of Higher National Diploma have threatened industrial action if government fails to implement a white paper detailing the removal of dichotomy on their career progression in public service in four weeks.

The coalition, comprising public servants, unions and students amongst others, says it will occupy the office of the Head of Service of the Federation, if its demands are not met in four weeks.

“We are going to occupy that office until they do the needful because we will not continue to keep quiet and things will continue to go wrong,” Chris Isiquzo Ikechukwu, president of Nigerian Union of Journalists and a Visitor of International Institute of Journalists, told a press briefing in Abuja on Thursday.

He said having one group of workers enjoying their promotion in service and another group retarded, “is unacceptable to us.”

“We are not going to take this lying low; we are going to mobilize our students and members across Nigeria.”

The white paper has been nearly 14 years waiting to be implemented, said president of Higher National Diploma Holders Association of Nigeria (HNDHAN) Sabastine Onyemaobi

He added the wait continues to expose HND graduates to discrimination, stigmatization and undue stagnation.

He said HND holders do not progress above level 14 rather they are faced with demotion in cases where they try to rise above that, after acquiring PGD and Masters as required by the law.

He demanded that the HND certificate holders from accredited NBTE be recognized as approved by the white paper to progress to higher grades up to level 17.

While noting that their members are becoming restive and they may not be able to contain their agitation, he said promotion and progression in career if free and highly competitive and that HND holders should be given a level playing ground.

The coalition, however, appealed to the president to take this seriously and call the HoS to order because anything that affects a particular set of government affects the entire system.

DAILY TRUST

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 28, 2020
So sad! TBH the students universities graduate these days are Nothing to write home about. All they are interested In is social media. University education has lost it's relevance in recent times and operate in "PAST GLORY". To my greatest shock, a lot of Polytechnic students have been delivering of late (and even college of health tech.). Very intelligent and serious minded people even in the field. I was made to understand that due to the "practical nature of the Polytechnic system" they get more serious and are exposed to a lot hence their ability to deliver.
As an employer of labour, I'd rather go for a Polytechnic graduate (who knows the job and need not be told what to do) than a university graduate who knows nothing. I'll not have to spend money on training them (Polytechnic graduates) as they are really no freshers and are exposed more in the job environment. Their SIWES (nd1), full IT (After ND which they naturally go look for full time jobs) gives them edge over university graduates. I must confess, they really deliver in the field (At least from all I've worked with TRUTH BE TOLD). IT SHOULD BE EQUATED

128 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2020
Noted

1 Like

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
Gone are the days where an awo student was seen as a brain box. Now you get so disappointed I tell you. You'd see a student of mapoly, nekede or some STATE POLY FROM THE NORTH delivering better. I'm saying this with much bitterness and concern. Even UNN students too. University system is collapsed Tbh. So far only unilag that I've seen are "sort of" ok (and still some disappoint). Poly students are good I MUST CONFESS (and funny enough monotechnic students too from "STATE INSTITUTIONS AND NOT EVEN FEDERAL"wink. THESE ARE THE BEST NOW BUT THE MEDIA TRIES TO KILL IT COS IT WOULD BE A SHAME ON THE UNIVERSITY SYSTEM. They should be EQUATED that's the truth
IMO BETTER TO GO TO "Some few" PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES OR ABROAD FOR STUDIES. NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY SYSTEM IS A MESS. POLY STUDENTS ARE BETTER IN THE "FIELD". THEY DELIVER BETTER

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
This ought to be moved to the front page. I feel their pains (Especially those in the public sector)
lalasticlala

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Guidetop12: 1:20pm On Aug 28, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 28, 2020
Fraud
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by CreativeBeing(m): 4:31pm On Aug 28, 2020
It is well

Get your professional business 3D logo for just 3k only and get all the following.
1, Watermark(transparent background logo)
2. 3D logo mockup
3. PDF file of your logo
4. JPEG file and raw file of your logo
5. Tutorials on how you can add your logo to pictures or videos.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by jofatek(m): 4:31pm On Aug 28, 2020
H
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by DatGirlasia(f): 4:31pm On Aug 28, 2020
kiss
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Officialgarri: 4:31pm On Aug 28, 2020
If this is the case, then Polytechnics should be scrapped rather than someone spend 5 years only to be regarded as unqualified

43 Likes

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Basit46: 4:31pm On Aug 28, 2020
W

4 Likes

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 28, 2020
Chaiiiiiiii
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by propsvilla3: 4:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
J
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
2 Simplest Methods for Metric Length Conversions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itJQ2-iNyRk
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Johnkennie(m): 4:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
I will read comments comfortably here and smile.

1 Like

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by morikee: 4:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
Fraud
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by obuneme: 4:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
D
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Robisky001(m): 4:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
Yet a certain Buhari who didn't even have a Sch Cert is heading all the academia combined. Such hypocrisy!

If you don’t own a home, buy one. If you own a home, buy another one. If you own two homes, buy a third.”

Take a position today!!!
Check my profile for all your real estate needs across the country.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by kheny12(m): 4:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
HND and BSC are the same both four years. so why are they discriminating

6 Likes

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
O
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by MaybeNow25: 4:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
This nonsense has to stop. To me there is no different btw HND bad BSC, All na Graduate oo.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Microfels: 4:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
R
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by iCauseTrouble: 4:35pm On Aug 28, 2020
The world has moved beyond this. Now its all about what you can offer

5 Likes

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by GrammarNazi1(m): 4:35pm On Aug 28, 2020
kheny12:
I can't believe you just asked this question. So it is only the number of years that determines equality.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Queenlovely(f): 4:35pm On Aug 28, 2020
wakanda

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 28, 2020
kheny12:
One is practical one is theory

4 Likes

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by shankara7: 4:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
sbaks:
Gone are the days where an awo student was seen as a brain box. Now you get so disappointed I tell you. You'd see a student of mapoly, nekede or some STATE POLY FROM THE NORTH delivering better. I'm saying this with much bitterness and concern. Even UNN students too. University system is collapsed Tbh. So far only unilag that I've seen are "sort of" ok (and still some disappoint). Poly students are good I MUST CONFESS (and funny enough monotechnic students too from "STATE INSTITUTIONS AND NOT EVEN FEDERAL"wink. THESE ARE THE BEST NOW BUT THE MEDIA TRIES TO KILL IT COS IT WOULD BE A SHAME ON THE UNIVERSITY SYSTEM. They should be EQUATED that's the truth
Rubbish

23 Likes

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by Lamiri(m): 4:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
i
Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by hinere(m): 4:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
University or Polytechnic....once the two have gone for NYSC. They are all GRADUATES

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination by salbis(m): 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
They even have an association. Funny how people are always quick at pointing out practical aspect of HND holders, as if B.Sc holders don't do practicals too. Most of these HND holders would have opted for university if they have had the opportunity.

46 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Police Uncover Body Of Paul Erie, AAU Abducted Lecturer / 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA / Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.