Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,579 members, 7,823,512 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

2020 CAMA Laws: The Lessons Bishop Oyedepo Must Learn From Pastor Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2020 CAMA Laws: The Lessons Bishop Oyedepo Must Learn From Pastor Adeboye (287 Views)

300 Workers Resign From Pastor Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Church / Timi Dakolo Reacts To Busola Demanding N10 Million From Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo / Herbalist Kwaku Bonsam Enters Church To Collect His Juju From Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2020 CAMA Laws: The Lessons Bishop Oyedepo Must Learn From Pastor Adeboye by IniAkpanMorgan(m): 5:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
This opinion has always shown critical concerns about the outlook of Christianity in Nigeria, especially from how the attitudes of self-professing, pubic photoshoots-loving Christians, has drawn the desperate maligning of Christians by the unbelievers who see, and call us "Kafirs", meaning Pagans! This is understood: we are better off being persecuted for our good works - not for our dubious manipulative dispositions.

Mahatma Gandhi was recorded in his lifetime to have confessed that he "loves the teachings of Jesus, but regrets the attitudes of his followers". What did he mean when he said "attitude"? Nicholas Etor, an oil-haulage worker-client of mine, for whom I designed a residence in Port Harcourt, on his return from an overseas cruise, recounted his encounter on the ship in which he worked under a Buddhist, and he said the man's character is "faultless", before asking me if such people would still go to hell.

I told him that any freedom that is freely given is always taken for granted, however, hell will be for those who have not confessed Jesus as their personal saviour, and have believed that he came in human garb. However, most Christian, even in the face of this privilege, still remain mentally stunted, and spiritually challenged.

How do I mean it?

Since the raising of unncessary dust around the upgraded Corporate and Allied Matters Act, (CAMA) 2020 by Bishop David Oyedepo, this opinion has insisted that the soured "romance" between our federal government and our "Church leaders" must be traced from source, to get in it, a beneficial context for the understanding of all concerned. I must choose who represents me.

I have benefited from the humanly, and naturally undeserving imputation of the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, by the election, and through the sealing of the Holy Spirit of God, and from the unnaturally seen, but naturally unseen realities of the truth that a believer in Christ is "a new creation", who has Christ "living inside him: this is my story, this is my song!

No man calls himself into any divine privilege, every natural man in it, was adopted into it by the power of an unending life. It is on this ground that we can say, like Apostle Paul, "the life I live (on earth), is no longer I that lives, but Christ that lives in me"

What grounds, therefore, has anyone, who has engaged the pleasure of vilifying this opinion for choosing to "occupy" at the location(s) to which the Holy Spirit has applied me, as a "member of the Church (the spiritual body of Christ) on earth"? If, then, the Church is a spiritual body, and a "Church leader" struggles, as a member of the body, with things that are clearly, transparently, and openly carnal, then he needs to answer to some very simple questions.

And for you who has problem with this opinion, for taking responsibility, as a very active member of the spiritual body of Christ, the Church, and one who stopped "Church going" over 15 years ago, who in February 1997 was elected as one of the blocks "built-up into the house of God" on earth, I live daily under the leadership of the Holy Spirit, and not that of any man on earth. No man! The Holy Spirit is my own GO, I leave you to yours. I am practically demonstrating my liberty in Christ Jesus.

My opinion on the 2020 CAMA laws, and what results from it on the present "system of world Churches", has been exposed, first by the COVID-19 pandemic, which identifies one question to every believer: "what is God using these happenings to tell his Church"? This is from whence this opinion started his journey of overcoming the present cover-up attempted by our Church leaders on the sizzling romance they have enjoyed over the years with government. The Priests and Pharisees did this also with Rome. It is understandable only in the context of "the fathers"

The Church cannot just be lawless! The Jews never confronted Rome, and the Apostles did, through their pains and ego-denting, overcome authorities. Should the Church fear persecution? It is therefore, in this fear of persecution that the carnality of Church leaders in Nigeria is fully fed.

They are protesting against an intended persecution of "the Church", yet scripture was clear, that just like I am in Christ, and I have peace, but surely, "...in the world, YOU SHALL HAVE TRIBULATIONS". This is what is playing out! They all jammed the world. And who can deny it?

As a member of that spiritual body, one who, daily, confesses "let your kingdom come, let thy will be done ON EARTH, as it is IN HEAVEN", this opinion cannot find another, more soothing job on earth than "to promote the will of God on earth", as his Ambassador. And it is my pleasure to confess that I represent God on earth better, without having to "go to Church". I am in a good position therefore to see the present "systems of Churches" better than those inside it, including all these big names we call, and worship: men-worshipers it.

Permit this opinion to remind us of the event at Antioch, when the brethren "gathered together", and let us recall that it was those who observed the brethren from the "outside", observing the attitudes on the inside, who called them "Christians".

This opinion was called out of that system, by the Holy Spirit, into the "True Church", in order to understand how "the traditions of the fathers" has become "the gates of hell" that is rising to "prevail" over the "fake Church" - a system of Churches, because it is not authentic.

The "Churches" Pastor Adeboye and Bishop Oyedepo oversee are the "spiritually Intangible" Church. They are "the abomination that makes desolate, which stands in the Holy Place", taking the office of the Holy Spirit, and spiritualizing carnality.

This is why God has used, first, the COVID-19 pandemic to "bend" church leadership the world over, to obey "government rules" before holding their service to God.

And this opinion thinks that the leadership should be worried, and give up their system, and liberate their slaves. Now, it is CAMA laws in Nigeria. And the reactions of these leaders, instead of being reflective, meditative, and supplicating, have continued to be confrontational, and against those who they have been in very hot romantic relationship together for a very long time: 2020 CAMA laws is an adjustment to their "marriage certificates" - all of them "married" to the Nigerian government. it

Just before the 2019 elections, I saw Bishop Oyedepo in partnership with Atiku Abubakar in erstwhile President Obasanjo's residence in Ogun State. It was the gathering of the Peoples Democratic Party. What we do not know is how much "tithes" he took from them, if he did at all.

This has brought this opinion to identifying Pastor Adeboye's response on the 2020 CAMA laws matter, and to use it in mirroring Bishop Oyedepo's, and to relate it to that of Reverend Oyekunle, the CAN President.

Perhaps we may see why we must choose the Holy Spirit to teach us - he is the appointed Teacher, Pastor (Comforter), Prophet (show (you) things to come), Evangelist (take from Christ for you) - and to be our "Church Leader". He did not separate us into the hands of "leaders" and stood by to watch them, nooo! He deals individually with us, and we deal collectively in him.

The Church was delegated to the Holy Spirit, and the Bible was given to us as our spiritual meal, and the Holy Spirit, as our spiritual blood - this is my reality daily, and my reality as a member of the spiritual body of Christ. Government, please come and "take (me) over", and see if I will be useful to you...but the system of Churches is already in a fight for "physical properties", while I hold my peace - who is the Church?

Both Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Adeboye cannot represent me, nor do they have the competent to validate me as a Christian. They have no such powers.

If government would take over anything at all about "the Church", all I see them do is being able to take the physical properties used in identifying what the "system of Churches" has been selling out as "the Church", and the taxless profits they make from their enterprise. Government, therefore, cannot, and can never take "the body, it is of the souls of regenerated men, sealed by the Holy Ghost", over. We are God's building, and we are the Church, God's most prized possession on earth.

I, the living word of God (the Bible, scriptures) and the living Holy Spirit of God, are always "three gathered together in my (the) name" of Jesus Chirst, from whom proceded the word of God like the human bread, and the Holy Spirit like the human breath, who left his word for our meal and gave the Holy Spirit for our blood: both, evidences of the physical presence of God with us - Immanuel! It is the bread and breath that enables the living by a man.

If the above therefore is clear, then we can now draw this very long reading to its conclusion. In simple pictorial terms, no one can ascertain that it was Bishop Oyedepo only, who knew about the CAMA laws, but we are sure he was the major voice to provoke its confrontation. He has remained provocative and confrontational of the Buhari's administration because his prophesy of a Jonathanian return failed during the stages leading to 2015 presidential election.

Pastor Adeboye, who, unfortunately, has children, and a son to protect in government, was cautious with his response, and awaited to align with the positions of CAN and the PFN, respecting the constituted order over the system of Churches, which he also submitted to - he has a lesson herein to teach: perhaps if Bishop Oyedepo was "broken" like Pastor Adeboye is, no noise would have been made at all.

Bishop Oyedepo is not the champion of Christianity as he meant himself to appear, he is the coward who fears to lose an important earthly reserve he has created for himself. Scripture tells us of the Parable of the Rich Fool, that has many sheds.

It then came to this opinion to ask: is Bishop David Oyedepo the publicity director of CAN or of PFN? If he is, why did both the CAN and the PFN Presidents need another statement? And if he is not, why was he so loud and vicious, threatening on his life - was that carnality?

Unlike Pastor Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo has a problem with being "broken" as a Christian, and he needs to learn "brokenness" from Pastor Adeboye.

I bless him, and I bless his ministry.

Ini Akpan Morgan writes from Uyo, Nigeria. 08102466347 (Whatsapp text only please). Email: time.subsidaries@gmail.com

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2020 CAMA Laws: The Lessons Bishop Oyedepo Must Learn From Pastor Adeboye by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
My God! My God!!

Exactly my thoughts! I have warned the church since last year that it has lost its savor, but the church wouldn't listen, instead thought i was attacking the body of Christ. This year the church got treated as good for nothings, cast out and trodden under the feet of men as Jesus said of salt which had lost its savor.

I also acknowledge the humble response of Adeboye to God's chastisement of the church. He earned my respect as result, and shown what distinguishes him from the likes of Oyedepo who instead of humbling themselves and asking God where the church had gone wrong, are looking for someone else to blame for their predicaments.

Thanks so much for sharing. God bless.
Re: 2020 CAMA Laws: The Lessons Bishop Oyedepo Must Learn From Pastor Adeboye by jcross19: 8:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
My God! My God!!

Exactly my thoughts! I have warned the church since last year that it has lost its savor, but the church wouldn't listen, instead thought i was attacking the body of Christ. This year the church got treated as good for nothings, cast out and trodden under the feet of men as Jesus said of salt which had lost its savor.

I also acknowledge the humble response of Adeboye to God's chastisement of the church. He earned my respect as result, and shown what distinguishes him from the likes of Oyedepo who instead of humbling themselves and asking God where the church had gone wrong, are looking for someone else to blame for their predicaments.

Thanks so much for sharing. God bless.
Adeboye is a fraud, Bible say by their fruit you shall know them! I never hear him for once condemning the oppression of Christianities why? because he has ministers,Governor even one now is campaigning for governorship, many redeemers are in high offices in this government lest I forget our vice president is even redeem pastor, he can't condemn them because they are part of the satanic government! so don't expect him to say something against this vultures.

(1) (Reply)

Church Wristbands / Join This Ongoing Debate >>> / Insulting Prophet Muhammad: Insult Is A Form Of Expression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.