Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God (22130 Views)

What Are Your Prayers God Have Answered In Year 2023? / The Surefire Way Of Getting Your Prayers Answered / Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by JourneytoEL(f): 6:30am On Aug 30, 2020
1. Let your intentions be pure
When you make a request to God don't make the reason be about your selfish desires e.g Father, give me a car so I can pepper my friends. Lord, I'm sowing my samsung phone so I can get an iPhone and show my friends I have arrived. Your intentions should be pure, virtuous and genuine. James 4:3, warned against this and said,When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
Remember, God sees your innermost heart. No one can deceive God.

2. Let his Kingdom come through your intentions.
When you make your petitions, it is important to make it serve the purposes of God in earth. A classic example is Hannah.(1 Sàm 1:9-28) Hannah cried and prayed for a child and she got none. But, when she cried and said Father, give me a child and I will dedicate his life to you. God was touched and answered her prayers. Why? God needed a genuine servant to take over Eli since his sons have failed him. Hannah brought an interesting proposition that will make his will to be done and he gave her a son and more children when she fulfilled her promise.
Whenever Jesus prayed he always added sayings like Father, let your kingdom come,let your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Father, perform this miracle for your name to be Glorified. Prayers should always be about the Glory of God not you.
When you want your intention answered, bring up interesting propositions to God e.g Father, give me this contract and I will buy chairs for a church for your children to worship you in comfort. Father, please give me triplets, so I will get done with this stage and start serving my role in the church. Father, give me a job in this company, so I can Evangelise and preach your name to the unbelieving staff, I also promise to act as a good Christian and not partake in fraud. Father, please give me a good phone, so I can setup a YouTube page to proclaim your name. Remember, anything you promise endeavor to fulfill. Never, make the mistake of not fulfilling the promise you made to God.

3. Stand on existing covenants
God made a covenant to Solomon that he would answer the prayer of anyone who prayed facing the temple in Jerusalem. 2 Chron 6:21, I am your servant, and the people of Israel belong to you, and so whenever any of us look toward this temple and pray, answer from your home in heaven and forgive our sins.
Daniel been an intelligent jew, understood the power of this covenant and when he prayed he always faced the temple from faraway Babylon!! Dan 6:10 says, Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.
Whether you believe this or not there are genuine churches whose altars have become a place of covenant for some particular needs. Some churches have a covenant that any barren woman that prays there will carry her child, some have for prosperity, long life etc. Not only churches, there are certain spirit-filled individuals, both clergy and non-clergy, who's covenants with God can open the heavens for your sake. Seek these people and places as the Spirit directs you and pray with faith on their covenants.

Hope this message blessed you? Also remember to pray persistently. Jesus taught this mystery in Luke 18:1-8, with the starting note.Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray for just causes and not give up. Daniel prayed for 21 days before he got his answer, and he would have continued if it was delayed. Keep praying until something happens. Shalom.

140 Likes 23 Shares

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by JourneytoEL(f): 7:24am On Aug 30, 2020
Happy Sunday

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by StrikeBack(m): 7:38am On Aug 30, 2020
Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by CAPSLOCKED: 9:20am On Aug 30, 2020
FIRSTLY, WE HAVE TO PRAY TO AN ALL-KNOWING GOD TO TELL HIM WHAT WE NEED HIM TO DO FOR US, DISREGARDING THAT HE ALREADY HAS A DESIGNED MASTER PLAN.
NOW WE HAVE TO PUT IN MORE EFFORTS TO FORCE HIM TO ANSWER OUR PRAYERS IRRESPECTIVE OF WHATEVER HIS WISE PLANS ARE?? ISN'T THIS MADNESS? undecided

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Bullrun: 9:48am On Aug 30, 2020
Mental slavery.

4 Likes

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by orphan11(m): 9:48am On Aug 30, 2020
Prayers don't work I have been praying for a job for a year now no way now am a begger
I have been begging and praying since 3 days now to get help and see what to eat but no hope
Please help me with something to eat please
Bless me with 1k let me buy food and eat please

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by ainas247: 9:49am On Aug 30, 2020
shocked Your Prayer will answer if God want to answer it
We need Mercy and Grace
I will show mercy to whom I may show mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I may have compassion.

on other note:
If you want to rank your website on Google,
chat up with real result

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Kemimarch16(f): 9:49am On Aug 30, 2020
It is well
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:50am On Aug 30, 2020
Thank you, daddy.
you are worthy of my praise.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Deborah98(f): 9:50am On Aug 30, 2020
Okay
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 30, 2020
Nice one OP
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by paulolee(m): 9:50am On Aug 30, 2020
nice
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Imustreturn(m): 9:51am On Aug 30, 2020
I worship a living God. God is the greatest. The God that answers fire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by paulolee(m): 9:51am On Aug 30, 2020
Bullrun:
Mental slavery.
dts wat u think, dts ur opinion based on what you choose to believe in and your opinion doesn't matter here....jus live ur life and let's other's even if they choose to serve or believe in stone..

15 Likes

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by lastchild: 9:51am On Aug 30, 2020
Religious threads only make front page on Sundays, this is unprofessional on one of the biggest Nigerian websites like nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:52am On Aug 30, 2020
Through Jesus Christ,
Your prayers to God is answered.

Have you ever had a prayer answered?
A little story for believers in Christ...

You live in a small village in Owerri.
There is an extremely large and unsightly pothole in front of your house.
For the last four months the local government has ignored your insistent requests to have it fixed.
Finally, in an act of frustration, you call Aso Rock and ask to speak to Our Darling Daddy, The President!
(Afterall, it's worth a try!)

To your utter amazement,
Our darling Daddy himself gets on the phone.
You quickly explain your problem.
The president listens for a minute and then hangs up. You don't really expect anything to be done about it.

The next morning you look out your window and, lo and behold, some engineers are busy at work fixing your road!
Our Darling Daddy took your request seriously and sent in the troops to help!

That is what it means to get your prayer answered.

Now who is the one person who can always get through to the president?

The president's son, of course.
And who is the president's son in this case?
JESUS CHRIST!

That is our relationship with God – Father and child.
Just as a parent fulfills a child's request, so too God answers prayers.
The Infinite Genius Who created every molecule on this earth, can alter the course of existence in order to answer your prayer.

To really talk to God, you need to know He is willing and able to do it all.
Otherwise, you're only talking to your finite concept of God – and not to our true Father in Heaven.

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY AHEAD EVERYONE!
JESUS LOVES YOU, SO DO WE! kiss

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by blackjack21(m): 9:52am On Aug 30, 2020
it's much easier to steal the bike and ask for forgiveness.
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by hotplate: 9:53am On Aug 30, 2020
w
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by paulolee(m): 9:53am On Aug 30, 2020
lastchild:
Religious threads only make front page on Sundays, this is unprofessional on one of the biggest Nigerian websites like nairaland
funny....thats the same way Islamic threads do make f.p on fridays because those are the special days dedicated to those religions in Nigeria and thats why its called nairaland and not Europeland or worldland..

9 Likes

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 30, 2020
Amen
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by kingxsamz(m): 9:54am On Aug 30, 2020
What is the point of praying when you have to beg and beg your god, even though you're not assured he'll answer? Even though those who don't believe and pray are living fine and strife to get what they want rather than praying.
If your god sees your heart and has a plan, then wtf do you need to pray for? undecided

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Xcelinteriors(f): 9:55am On Aug 30, 2020
When you pray with unforgiving heart, God will not answer your prayer. Forgive everyone just as almighty God forgives you anytime you ask him for forgiveness

Check my signature for affordable and durable window blind, 3D wallpaper and 3D wall panel

2 Likes

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Amspecial: 9:55am On Aug 30, 2020
grin
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 30, 2020
Great Write Up
I will come and testify as soon as my requests get manifested

3 Likes

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by paulolee(m): 9:55am On Aug 30, 2020
kingxsamz:
What is the point of praying when you have to beg and beg your god, even though you're not assured he'll answer? Even though those who don't believe and pray are living fine and strife to get what they want rather than praying.
If your god sees your heart and has a plan, then wtf do you need to pray for? undecided
hmm....some people dont believe in miracles until they pray for it.. i know where you coming from bt its too early to argue because its like convincing a kid about the dangers of too much chocolates...i leave you to your fate...enjoy the weekend

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by kingxsamz(m): 9:55am On Aug 30, 2020
lastchild:
What's unprofessional about it?
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by leofab(f): 9:57am On Aug 30, 2020
Fantasies
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by paulolee(m): 9:58am On Aug 30, 2020
leofab:
Fantasies
lolz...dnt you think it's better to believe in what you called "fantasies" and hold on to something than to believe in nothing?? its funny when people like you think that life is all about the physical not knowing that there is more to life spiritually....try change ur perspective and think about the metaphysical if they exist or not..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by lastchild: 9:58am On Aug 30, 2020
kingxsamz:

What's unprofessional about it?
you don't see anything unprofessional about it?

How can someone post a useful information during the week that should be pushed to the front page and the mods are waiting for Sunday to put it up
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 30, 2020
So you are saying that there are techniques that must be applied to prayer before they are answered?
I thought that God already saw our hearts even b4 we speak.
While growing up,there was no morning devotion that we missed asking God to break us out of poverty.
So this is where we fvcked up shocked

3 Likes

Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by COOL10(m): 9:58am On Aug 30, 2020
Pls guys, do not make any vow to God you cannot keep. I'm not in support of this vow of a thing.
Re: 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 30, 2020
Even thieves pray and their prayer get answered

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm / Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden / Was The Second Stanza Of National Anthem Made For Such A Time As This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.