Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? (8297 Views)

The Surefire Way Of Getting Your Prayers Answered / She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me / 3 Ways To Get Your Prayers Answered By God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by CalciumB3: 9:08am On Apr 15, 2018
On many occasions I've been thinking about this, the bible says "thou shall not forsake the gathering of the brethren"
And in other verses in the bible, some people prayed in their room and their prayer was answered (Daniel and Co).

is it compulsory?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by mymadam(m): 9:09am On Apr 15, 2018
"Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered?"

NO!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by rusher14: 9:20am On Apr 15, 2018
You don't even have to pray for your dreams to come true.

World over, people of differing faiths, including atheists and agnostics achieve their objectives without setting foot in a place of worship or church.

Get real.

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by hopefulLandlord: 9:23am On Apr 15, 2018
Prayers are not answered whether you go to church to do it or not

Nothing fails like prayer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by yanabasee(m): 9:25am On Apr 15, 2018
All you need is to pray!!!... And God will surely answer your prayers!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by dabbyz(f): 10:42am On Apr 15, 2018
it's not compulsory

click on my signature

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Next2Bezee(m): 10:44am On Apr 15, 2018
No
However, "It is compulsory to pay tithe or else you will go to hell [FULLSTOP]" - Adebole RCCG Chief Tithe Collector grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by eddyslim(m): 10:44am On Apr 15, 2018
You can pray in your room, and the prayer will be answered based on your believe

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Olachase(m): 10:44am On Apr 15, 2018
u better work towards ur goals, talk to people, ask them questions, tell people ur problem,

Africans believe in church forgetting that God had already finished work

everything u need to make success is on this earth

5 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Guapismo: 10:44am On Apr 15, 2018
Why should u go to church before ur prayers are answered?
All the time it was recorded that Jesus prayed in the Bible was not even in the temple.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Coldfeets: 10:45am On Apr 15, 2018
I don't go to Church.

And I don't pray too.

So I don't even have idea the type of answer to give you.

Sorry.

But maybe this idiot Under me might have a better answer for you so let's listen to what he will say... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by tammytam: 10:45am On Apr 15, 2018
Bible says I choose to show mercy to who I please... so those not going to church does not mean that prayers cannot be answered... And if u find yourself going to church plz continue.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 15, 2018
What is a church?

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by trapQ: 10:53am On Apr 15, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by jrklinz: 10:55am On Apr 15, 2018
have u ever wondered y david was termed a man after Gods on heart inspite of d killings he commited.same implies 2 we, God sees d heart of every man & blesses him according 2 his faith.yes! fellowship with d saints bt also know dat among d saints there are wolves in sheep clothings.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Tohzara(m): 10:57am On Apr 15, 2018
People have been going to church to pray for Nigeria before I was born. Yet things got even worse than before.

If Nigeria, as old as she is, is still waiting for the MILLIONS, if not BILLIONS, of prayers said on her behalf to be answered, then whether you go to church or not, you'll have to wait a HUNDRED YEARS for your own incredibly fewer and much less intense prayers to be answered.

So you either get off your ass and take action, or die waiting for God to fulfil your wishes for you.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Estellar: 10:59am On Apr 15, 2018
No
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Lippyyy: 10:59am On Apr 15, 2018
Life isn't about church or religion �

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 15, 2018
The idea of church and religion are the major problem we have in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by satowind(m): 11:02am On Apr 15, 2018
Is not even compossary to go to church to be classified a Christian self
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by akinyemi0103(m): 11:03am On Apr 15, 2018
i can't even remember when i go to church last nd damm d Lord is good to me.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 15, 2018
Everything has been predestined
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by dbrown(m): 11:03am On Apr 15, 2018
I am nt a christian, bt i think going to church is jst to understand more about christianity. Jst like attending univesity classes! However, in recent times, most youths has find church as a place they could show their musical talent..

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Nickijoy(f): 11:30am On Apr 15, 2018
FishLegs:
Everything has been predestined
I think you are right.. Ephesians 1:4...God knows his own before the foundation of the world...
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Prayers are not answered whether you go to church to do it or not

Nothing fails like prayer
nothing fails like praying wrongly and amiss,if prayer ever failed you then you didn't pray according to principle.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 15, 2018
CalciumB3:
On many occasions I've been thinking about this, the bible says "thou shall not forsake the gathering of the brethren"
And in other verses in the bible, some people prayed in their room and their prayer was answered (Daniel and Co).

is it compulsory?
as a true Christian you must cherish the house of God and every good activity within the church including prayer

but prayer is not subjected to the church only,the altar of prayer is ur heart and Jesus stated that when praying go into ur closet and pray and ur God who sees in secret will answer you openly.but he never disregard the church
remember that Peter and the disciples prayed in the synagogue every morning but they also prayed in different places and miracles were performed
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:47am On Apr 15, 2018
my dermis not compulsory. ..hv faith and pray to God in ur house...prayers can and will be answered anywhere you are!
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Boomark(m): 11:55am On Apr 15, 2018
NO!

After reading through to this point, non of the persons above me quoted Jn 4:20-24. Worship(Prayer) in spirit and in truth can be done anywhere.

John 4:20-24
20 Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship.”
21 Jesus said to her,“Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem(Temple or Church), worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

This is direct from Christ Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Originalsly: 12:11pm On Apr 15, 2018
CalciumB3:

is it compulsory?

As I understand it.... when Christians gather together...that is a church...the people..not the building. You gather I guess to know who are also of the same belief.... if you need a wife.. you can find one in the gathering to avoid you being unequally yoked....marrying to an unbeliever. You also gather to share testimonies.... blessings received or difficult times one is having... to help each other...being your brother's keeper. ...and most if all...you gather to help strengthen your faith in God.
Prayer?.....that is for you to do in privacy.... the Bible is clear on this. On prayers being answered. .... I guess it depends on your faith...and what you are praying for... a BMW?..... to be wealthy?... to have just one nite with your neighbour's wife?....that kind prayer is answered by the other power. Pray for good health, strengthen your faith and guidance..... your prayers will be answered and everything else will fall into place.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? by Hakeem12(m): 1:02pm On Apr 15, 2018
Funny enough, I get things done more when I prayed less and acted more. When I stopped being spiritual and started being realistic. When I read less of spiritual books and read more of personal development books, by authors like Robert Greene, Clason, Dale Carnegie etc. Life is practical not mystical.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Kissing A Sin? / The Atheist's Dilemma / End-time Bible Teaching: Preparing For Rapture, Part 2 (washing Your Garment)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.