Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? (15740 Views)

Reverend Father Enyinnaya: How I Have Survived Women’s Pressure For 32 Years / See The Church Where A Reverend Father Was Spotted Preaching That Has Gone Viral / Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by Kiddo01(m): 8:03am On Aug 30, 2020
I've been thinking about this and so I decided to bring it here.

A friend of mine has been having issues with his wife for some time now. He said that the Parish Priest has advised both of them but without positive result.

But I keep wondering, is it that both parties do not want to settle their differences or is the reverend father actually giving the needed council? Is the reverend father who has not married before qualified to give advice on marital crisis? What do you think

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by Kriss216: 8:07am On Aug 30, 2020
Singles give the best marital advice.

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by Vyzz: 8:17am On Aug 30, 2020
What are his qualifications...

8 Likes

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by Kiddo01(m): 8:17am On Aug 30, 2020
lol, on the journey they have not had

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by Kiddo01(m): 8:18am On Aug 30, 2020
Vyzz:
What is his qualifications...
Vyzz:
Vyzz:

advice on the journey they have not attempted

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by hopefulLandlord: 8:19am On Aug 30, 2020
okay
Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by Kiddo01(m): 8:22am On Aug 30, 2020
Vyzz:

qualification according to Longman English Dictionary

if you have a qualification, you have passed an examination or course to show you have a particular level of skill or knowledge in a subjectHe left school without any qualifications.qualification inWe are looking for graduates with qualifications in maths or science.

2) [C usually plural] a skill, personal quality, or type of experience that makes you suitable for a particular job or positionqualification

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by chiommy123(f): 8:32am On Aug 30, 2020
he can advice based on others experience they've shared with him. from the word. the couples can as well involve other experienced married Christians. so yes he's qualified

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by donbachi(m): 8:45am On Aug 30, 2020
Dat is why churches have marriage counselling committees..rev fathers cant do it on their own and it takes married men of GOD to give advice to married members.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by Charleys: 8:48am On Aug 30, 2020
It's very hard to meet a Reverend father and get marital advice from him.

I believe you are referring to meeting a priest.

A priest is qualified to give Marital advice. Priests study a lot.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 30, 2020
If singles really know what marriage is about no divorce will happen, Reverend father has no personal experience and therefore not qualified

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:01am On Aug 30, 2020
MANY OF THEM RIGHT FROM TIME KEEP ACTIVE SEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS, SOMETIMES WITH MULTIPLE PARTNERS. SO I'M SURE IT'S POSSIBLE TO OBTAIN AN ADVICE OR TWO FROM SOME ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT ENGAGE IN HETEROSEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS AND HAVE KIDS INSTEAD OF BEING HOMOSEXUALS LIKE THE REST 40%.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by Kiddo01(m): 9:08am On Aug 30, 2020
AngusTV:
It all depends on the knowledge he has. He could have read books, attended seminars, etc to equip himself with the information on how to solve marital issues

lol, books and any publication can't help, I've seen a book written on how to be rich and the author is looking for sponsorship

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 30, 2020
Kiddo01:
I've been thinking about this and so I decided to bring it here.
A friend of mine has been having issues with his wife for some time now. He said that the Paris Priest has advised both of them but without positive result. But I keep wondering, is it that both parties do not want to settle their differences or is the reverend father actually giving the needed council? Is the reverend father who has not married before qualified to give advice on marital crisis? What do you think
Yes, they were train for it during their theological years. And post theology.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:29am On Aug 30, 2020
Talking from experience about one of us @[b][/b] that is into Marriage counseling,
This is what she has to contribute to the topic.....

These are some of the advantages of Marriage counseling...
It helps build a solid, biblical foundation for marriage.
A lot of time is spent in Scripture looking at how biblical ideas apply to marriage.

It helps couples begin a dialogue.
Topics like communication, finances, sex and parenting need to be discussed before marriage.

It points out areas of concern in the relationship. No relationship is perfect.
Potential problems, conflict and struggles should be addressed.It preserves couples from temptation. 

Getting engaged can result in couples rationalizing premarital sex.
Premarital sex and other temptations need to be discussed.It prepares couples for the marriage, and not just the wedding day.
Couples can have a tendency to focus on the wedding day and not on the marriage.

An important part of premarital counseling is getting the couple to have serious conversations about their upcoming marriage.
Marriages are filled with common problems that most couples experience, and each couple has certain strengths and weaknesses that require a certain approach.

Premarital counseling explores each person’s faith and history.
It helps the couple examine personal convictions, expectations for their future and responsibilities they will have.
More than anything, premarital counseling aims to produce a marriage that is biblical and God-honoring.

This is our contribution to the topic,
About Reverend Fathers Qualification,
We leave other members to Comment on that!

We Rise!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by AntiChristian: 9:29am On Aug 30, 2020
Most singles Sabi give marital advice sha! So so theory!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:29am On Aug 30, 2020
AngusTV:
It all depends on the knowledge he has. He could have read books, attended seminars, etc to equip himself with the information on how to solve marital issues
True that.....
Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by Sanchez01: 9:29am On Aug 30, 2020
Counsels and advice are largely dependent on one's experience in an area. A Reverend Father, SHOULD NOT BE SEEN CLOSE TO MARITAL COUNSELLING. Marital issues are as sensitive as they come.

Just it is out of place to invite a reverend father to a relationship/marriage seminar to talk to couples and potential couples, the same applies to personal counselling.

When it comes to marital issues, it is simple and straightforward because you can't give what you don't have and you can't share experiences when you have none.

At best, a reverend father can only talk about what the Bible says and not what he thinks or feels. People with broken marriages are unfit to advice those who are married on what to do and how to live, let alone one who has never been married.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by AntiChristian: 9:30am On Aug 30, 2020
SammySteve15:

Yes, they were train for it during their theological years. And post theology.

Trained kwa? No more Holy Spirit ni?
Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by londonderry2: 9:30am On Aug 30, 2020
cheesy
Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by YoungLionken(m): 9:30am On Aug 30, 2020
Anyone is qualified...
Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by Kemimarch16(f): 9:30am On Aug 30, 2020
Yes he can

1 Like

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by Josegun(m): 9:30am On Aug 30, 2020
He has Holy Spirit, he can advise on anything sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by SoftP(m): 9:30am On Aug 30, 2020
Since the couple Knew they have issues, why not settle it amongst themselves’ must they involve 3rd party ‘

I so believe couple who table their matters before other persons for judgement are not mature for Marriage

3 Likes

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by geementontop(m): 9:31am On Aug 30, 2020
From which experience will he be doing that on
Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by victorazyvictor(m): 9:31am On Aug 30, 2020
Why not.

1 Like

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 30, 2020
Yes. However, it's not all the Reverend Fathers who can give effective advice on a marital crisis. A Reverend Father or anyone who has in-depth knowledge of human psychology is the best suitable to do so.

5 Likes

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by MovieplugPH(m): 9:31am On Aug 30, 2020
I think so

1 Like

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by Fostercat(m): 9:32am On Aug 30, 2020
I am married. I will say it is capital NO.

Marriage no be play o. If you are not inside you can never understand it's intrigues and dynamics.

Who no go , can never know.

2 Likes

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by victorazyvictor(m): 9:32am On Aug 30, 2020
geementontop:
From which experience will he be doing that on

Every answer is in the bible he has been reading, he must not have experience before giving advice.

2 Likes

Re: Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? by Kunja2: 9:32am On Aug 30, 2020
Chai... My people my people..

Parish Priest has advised yet no positive result, Is the advice a medication? What will make the advice work is if both parties put into practice what the Father has advised.

I never knew that advice is now a magical spell that would just work with or without practicing what one has advised o.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking Of Family Covenant / God Of Chosen Healed 8yr Old Deaf And Dumb At Oyo State Crusade / Wearing CAP In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.