Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,127 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients (29825 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: I Will Never Accept To Be President Of Nigeria, It's Demotion / Bishop Oyedepo: I Wear White Suits To Cut Costs / Bishop Oyedepo: I Warned Nigerians In 2015 About This ‘Evil’ Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by AprokoGirl: 8:07am On Aug 31, 2020
David Oyedepo, presiding bishop of Living Faith Church Worldwide, says he will lay his bare hands on COVID-19 patients brought to him for prayer.

The clergyman, who spoke during the church’s covenant hour of prayer, asked Christians to understand that what they carry is “eternal life”, not “human life”.

“You can imagine a medical doctor, going back there to minister to coronavirus patients (documented testimony). He found something, while others are scared by everything they can see,” he said.

“Can you imagine anyone bringing coronavirus patients to me and I won’t lay hands on him? Will I wear gloves to lay hands on them? I will lay hands on them; breathe into them; embrace them. What you carry is eternal life, it’s not human life. You should know that.”

Oyedepo called out those who wear hand gloves and face masks to protect themselves from contracting the virus, wondering why they do not usually do the same while eating.

The cleric, who has constantly played down the existence of the virus, said people will realise soon “that they have been grossly deceived.

“Someday, they will know that they have been deceived. They will all know that they have been grossly deceived,” he added.

“You’ve covered your mouth: do you cover it when you want to eat or there is no coronavirus when you are eating? I just look at it and say, ‘what is all these?’”

He added that the novel virus is a ploy by the “devil to dehumanise humanity”, noting that he would not back down on his mandate to “liberate the world”.

Despite Oyedepo’s claim, there’s currently no proven evidence that the killer virus can be cured through laying of hands.

Frankline Ndifor, a Cameroonian pastor, said to have laid hands on those infected with COVID-19 to “cure” them reportedly died of the virus weeks after.

However, Oyedepo has continued to make headlines over his criticism of the existence of the virus and government’s measures aimed at fighting the pandemic, including the closure of churches.

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/extra-ill-lay-bare-hands-on-covid-19-patients-breathe-into-them-says-oyedepo

7 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by petra1(m): 10:12am On Aug 31, 2020
Thats christianity. Anyone paying xovid 19 respect is denying Christianity.

Stay indoor ko, stay indoor ni

Mar 16:17 — Mar 16:18
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

;

142 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by CallMeDrino: 10:18am On Aug 31, 2020
grin grin

Let this fraud of a pastor try na grin

If he fails, he should be thoroughly flogged

113 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by wale377(m): 11:04am On Aug 31, 2020

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by Ernchibyke(m): 11:04am On Aug 31, 2020
With God all things are possible!

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by Diamondniyi(m): 11:05am On Aug 31, 2020
This man na cruise. Common’’’’’

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by LosC: 11:05am On Aug 31, 2020
CallMeDrino:
grin grin

May GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOU

57 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by EdmundChidera(m): 11:05am On Aug 31, 2020
He knows as many do that covid-19 is a hoax in Nigeria.

He should touch our leaders. they need the healings

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by englishmart(m): 11:05am On Aug 31, 2020
Yet you travel abroad for medical check-ups. I laugh in igala.

196 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:05am On Aug 31, 2020
Yes Daddy.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by Mrpojj(m): 11:05am On Aug 31, 2020
CallMeDrino:
grin grin

You think he can't?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by hakeem4(m): 11:05am On Aug 31, 2020
englishmart:
Yet you travel abroad for medical checkups. I laugh in igala.
while his members are using his sticker and pictures for their own form of healing

147 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by omooba969(m): 11:05am On Aug 31, 2020
Egúngún be careful, na express u dey go ooo! undecided

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by Ayomerit: 11:06am On Aug 31, 2020
CallMeDrino:
grin grin

I guess you don't know the implication of your action..

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:06am On Aug 31, 2020
Would he say the same thing when the threat was high? Even me, I can kiss a patient now.

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by Karleb(m): 11:06am On Aug 31, 2020
Doers don't dare.

5 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:06am On Aug 31, 2020
Yes Daddy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by kadas01(m): 11:06am On Aug 31, 2020
Fake pastor!

Keep deceiving your brainwashed followers!

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 31, 2020
Yes sir!!!
Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by Amspecial: 11:06am On Aug 31, 2020
sad

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by Johnbosco77(m): 11:06am On Aug 31, 2020
After the show na the party......

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by paulolee(m): 11:06am On Aug 31, 2020
sure sir, they would heal because miracles still exists..

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by Emmariks(m): 11:06am On Aug 31, 2020
The Bishop
Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by psalmylee(m): 11:06am On Aug 31, 2020
Oya come LUTH na..Lol.make I no talk wetin dey my mind.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by wolesmile(m): 11:06am On Aug 31, 2020
Our "Papa" has started again.

So many lepers are there in the northern part of the country.
We've had ebola outbreak.
We need someone to command the hosts of heaven to send raging fire on sambisa forest.

There are countless opportunities for you to showcase your anointed power.....
But no! Now that the hullabaloo on the coronavirus, which is not even spread by ordinary touching, is gradually dieing down, the boasting has started.

I need to sleep, abeg!

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by shiffynaani(m): 11:07am On Aug 31, 2020
Like... only bare hand? What of bare body too?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by Soljaboi44(m): 11:07am On Aug 31, 2020
C
Re: Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients by botrix(m): 11:07am On Aug 31, 2020
pls he should come and lay hands on my legs.i want to walk .i want to be complete and hustle,am disabled and jobless.am getting fed up of life.i might do something stupid oneday

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? / Emmanuel Omale Predicts Death Of Actress In 2016 / Naira Depreciating Because I Was Out Of The Country, Says Odumeje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.