Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

My Craze For HONDA - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Craze For HONDA (5658 Views)

Which Should I Go For : Honda Evil Spirit Or Toyota Camry 09/10 / Fuel Consumption For Honda Crv 2004 / Best Engine Oil For Honda Accord EOD 4 Cylinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Craze For HONDA by serox2324: 10:13am On Aug 31, 2020
Good morning famz, my craze for Honda products is making me plan to get 2013/14 Honda Accord. Any idea or details about the ride. I just need peace of mind
Have cruised Honda Accord (baby boy) in the past though.. Any knowledge about 2013/14 Accord ??
Re: My Craze For HONDA by Lavisha(f): 10:47am On Aug 31, 2020
serox2324:
Good morning famz, my craze for Honda products is making me plan to get 2013/14 Honda Accord. Any idea or details about the ride. I just need peace of mind
Have cruised Honda Accord (baby boy) in the past though.. Any knowledge about 2013/14 Accord ??
I drive 2007 Accord and it smooth, if I have to upgrade I will go for 2014/15 Accord.
It's cheaper and better than the overrated 2014/15 Camry.

10 Likes

Re: My Craze For HONDA by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:43am On Aug 31, 2020
serox2324:
Buy 2012 Acura tl instead. Thank me later. That's what I drive and it's a sweet ride. Better speed, better suspensions, better engine power with its 309 horse power and better interior too. You should get a good one at 3.8m or 4m. Another advantage to it is that it's different and uncommon. At least in my area. Right now I'm the only one that has the car (2012) in ondo town and people really use cars there so I have that bragging right for now. Lol

5 Likes

Re: My Craze For HONDA by Hauptmann: 11:44am On Aug 31, 2020
Lavisha:

I drive 2007 Accord and it smooth, if I have to upgrade I will go for 2014/15 Accord.
It's cheaper and better than the overrated 2014/15 Camry.

Lol

Isn't it funny how you couldn't resist mentioning a completely different model when the question was about a Honda accord.

May inferiority complex not lead you to perdition.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Craze For HONDA by dopedan(m): 12:24pm On Aug 31, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

Buy 2012 Acura tl instead. Thank me later. That's what I drive and it's a sweet ride. Better speed, better suspensions, better engine power with its 309 horse power and better interior too. You should get a good one at 3.8m or 4m. Another advantage to it is that it's different and uncommon. At least in my area. Right now I'm the only one that has the car (2012) in ondo town and people really use cars there so I have that bragging right for now. Lol
how easy is it to get acura parts are they readily available and can any good mechanic fix the car?

3 Likes

Re: My Craze For HONDA by jacobjamie(m): 4:14pm On Aug 31, 2020
dopedan:
how easy is it to get acura parts are they readily available and can any good mechanic fix the car?
why not, Honda owns Acura, same as Toyota owns Lexus, the parts are there, but I will still advice u to go for the Honda than the Acura, it has more Belgium parts though than the Acura and more easy to get, also has more resale value.. Stick to ur Honda, it's a great car

4 Likes

Re: My Craze For HONDA by dopedan(m): 4:31pm On Aug 31, 2020
jacobjamie:
why not, Honda owns Acura, same as Toyota owns Lexus, the parts are there, but I will still advice u to go for the Honda than the Acura, it has more Belgium parts though than the Acura and more easy to get, also has more resale value.. Stick to ur Honda, it's a great car
thanks
Re: My Craze For HONDA by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2020
dopedan:
Acura is a premium cars of Honda, parts are all over the market and any Honda specialized mechanic can fix an Acura.
Re: My Craze For HONDA by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 31, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

Acura is a premium cars of Honda, parts are all over the market and any Honda specialized mechanic can fix an Acura.

Till you actually need to replace those parts cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Craze For HONDA by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:36pm On Aug 31, 2020
jacobjamie:
Honda has more resale value than Acura!!!? Hahaha...
A tree e you sure you know what you're saying? I worked at a dealership for 2 years and anyone that comes in for an Honda product always fall in love with Acura immediately before the jump cuz they can't afford it. You can just say Honda is more affordable. Don't talk about resale value.
Re: My Craze For HONDA by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:37pm On Aug 31, 2020
rationalmind:

Till you actually need to replace those parts cheesy
I just changed my shocks some weeks ago, i didn't have to sweat. It wasn't that hard. All you can say is that they are more expensive.
Re: My Craze For HONDA by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 31, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

I just changed my shocks some weeks ago, i didn't have to sweat. It wasn't that hard. All you can say is that they are more expensive.

Wait till you have to replace parts like your tie rods, steering rack, control arms e.t.c and lets know if you still think the parts are everywhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Craze For HONDA by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:05pm On Aug 31, 2020
rationalmind:

Wait till you have to replace parts like your tie rods, steering rack, control arms e.t.c and lets know if you still think the parts are everywhere.
I'm driving a 2012 car and I have very good maintenance culture so I don't see any reason why I'll have to replace all those things you mention. Moreover, you should so sure. You don't even sell parts. I have a dealer who specializes in Only Acura parts and I don't see anything I can ask him that he won't get for me in 2 or 3 days.

Funny part of all these is you may not even drive an Acura and you will be arguing blindly. Another fact is most of Acura parts are just a replica of Honda parts so they can be used. How bout that?

7 Likes

Re: My Craze For HONDA by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

I'm driving a 2012 car and I have very good maintenance culture so I don't see any reason why I'll have to replace all those things you mention. Moreover, you should so sure. You don't even sell parts. I have a dealer who specializes in Only Acura parts and I don't see anything I can ask him that he won't get for me in 2 or 3 days.

Funny part of all these is you may not even drive an Acura and you will be arguing blindly. Another fact is most of Acura parts are just a replica of Honda parts so they can be used. How bout that?

Some of you just like arguing blindly. How long have you used the said car? I've been using a tl for three years and you think you know more about availability of parts?

The fact you even say most acura parts are just a replica of honda parts tells me you have no idea what you're talking about. The shock absorber you changed, which Honda uses it? Come back to me when you've used the vehicle long enough to change enough parts. I'm done with you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Craze For HONDA by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:29pm On Aug 31, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

You never price your car bumper, na why you dey run all this your many mouth.

Oh, and btw, parts don't really interchange between the Accord and TL--especially the SH-AWD you claim to have.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Craze For HONDA by Lavisha(f): 8:42pm On Aug 31, 2020
Hauptmann:

Lol

Isn't it funny how you couldn't resist mentioning a completely different model when the question was about a Honda accord.

May inferiority complex not lead you to perdition.
You were wrong..
Last week I almost got a 2013 Camry and I like other brands too.
Buh if it comes down to pricing, I'd go for Accord over other brands.

2 Likes

Re: My Craze For HONDA by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 31, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Oh, and btw, parts don't really interchange between the Accord and TL--especially the SH-AWD you claim to have.

If I tell you wetin my eyes don see for this tl, especially for someone who does not like Tokunbo parts, you won't believe it. Some of the parts are extremely difficult if not impossible to get as brand new even if aftermarket.

There's this particular part I need, we couldnt get it in phc, checked with madam radu, she does not have. We checked ladipo, no way.

The ones we saw were Tokunbo and were obviously not good even though the sellers swore the part was fine. When we requested for guarantee, they refused. Only option left is to import it.

There's a whole lot more I would have loved to say but certain people may come across the post and easily link me to it. I still want to remain anonymous on nairaland.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Craze For HONDA by theoilguy: 9:52pm On Aug 31, 2020
I do not think acura parts are scarce.. more expensive?? Maybe.. More luxurious? Yes.. I have changed parts in an Acura and yes, you can get them easily at ladipo..

So it boils down to your pocket..
Re: My Craze For HONDA by Darkwebnix: 9:52pm On Aug 31, 2020
rationalmind:

If I tell you wetin my eyes don see for this tl, especially for someone who does not like Tokunbo parts, you won't believe it. Some of the parts are extremely difficult to get as brand new even if aftermarket.

There's this particular part I need, we couldnt get it in phc, checked with madam radu, she does not have. We checked ladipo, no way.

The ones we saw were Tokunbo and were obviously not good even though the sellers swore the part was fine. When we requested for guarantee, they refused. Checked with madam radu, she does not have. Only option left is to import it.

There's a whole lot more I would have loved to say but certain people may come across the post and easily link me to it. I still want to remain anonymous on nairaland.
Re: My Craze For HONDA by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:59pm On Aug 31, 2020
rationalmind:

If I tell you wetin my eyes don see for this tl, especially for someone who does not like Tokunbo parts, you won't believe it. Some of the parts are extremely difficult if not impossible to get as brand new even if aftermarket.

The ones we saw were Tokunbo and were obviously not good even though the sellers swore the part was fine. When we requested for guarantee, they refused. Only option left is to import it.

Who no go, no know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Craze For HONDA by seanfer(m): 10:04pm On Aug 31, 2020
rationalmind:

We met at Mrford’s workshop late last month. Gray Acura TL.
Re: My Craze For HONDA by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 31, 2020
seanfer:

We met at Mrford’s workshop late last month. Gray Acura TL.

Nope, not me cool

2 Likes

Re: My Craze For HONDA by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:39pm On Aug 31, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I know the price of my bumper, I know the small front grill is 150k but for the love of God why will I need to change my bumper if I don't get in an accident which I don't pray for! I'm not disputing the fact that the car has expensive parts but scarce! Never! You can only talk about where you have been. I live in Ondo state and lots of people use Acura. We buy parts like any other Toyota parts. Expensive? Sure but not hard to find! And I know what I was saying when I said they are replica of honda. My first 2 cars were Honda so I'm nof stupid! This is my 8 years of driving Hondas and Acura!

12 Likes

Re: My Craze For HONDA by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:00pm On Aug 31, 2020
rationalmind:

You didnt get what you were looking for cuz you decided not to trust dealers. You wanted a new one. Who told you the new one is original? You might eventually end up buying a China made bullshit!
Acura parts are not scarce, only expensive and that's why people shy away from their cars. It's a luxury ride so if you can't afford the maintenance, don't bother!

3 Likes

Re: My Craze For HONDA by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:04pm On Aug 31, 2020
theoilguy:
I do not think acura parts are scarce.. more expensive?? Maybe.. More luxurious? Yes.. I have changed parts in an Acura and yes, you can get them easily at ladipo..

So it boils down to your pocket..
Thank you! Personally I have 3 numbers of people on my phone, they only specialize in Acura parts! If I don't want what I'm looking for from Mr A, I will definitely find from Mr B.

In the last 6 months of driving this 2012 TL. I have changed my shock absorber, and I have changes a few other things that are only used by Acura, I didn't have to sweat to get them.

4 Likes

Re: My Craze For HONDA by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:07pm On Aug 31, 2020
rationalmind:

Some of you just like arguing blindly. How long have you used the said car? I've been using a tl for three years and you think you know more about availability of parts?

The fact you even say most acura parts are just a replica of honda parts tells me you have no idea what you're talking about. The shock absorber you changed, which Honda uses it? Come back to me when you've used the vehicle long enough to change enough parts. I'm done with you.
You have zero knowledge of the car you've been driving for 3 years. Absolutely zero knowledge. I don't know how you managed that but I'm amazed. Ask around. Most acuras share parts with Honda. This very 2012, the shock I'm using now is an honda civic 2014 shock.
It was expensive right but it definitely wasn't hard to find! And before you say, I got the Acura too, just decided to buy the Honda cuz it was brand new from Belgium
Re: My Craze For HONDA by Nopanties: 11:19pm On Aug 31, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

I know the price of my bumper, I know the small front grill is 150k but for the love of God why will I need to change my bumper if I don't get in an accident which I don't pray for! I'm not disputing the fact that the car has expensive parts but scarce! Never! You can only talk about where you have been. I live in Ondo state and lots of people use Acura. We buy parts like any other Toyota parts. Expensive? Sure but not hard to find! And I know what I was saying when I said they are replica of honda. My first 2 cars were Honda so I'm nof stupid! This is my 8 years of driving Hondas and Acura!
Who prays to be in an accident

1 Like

Re: My Craze For HONDA by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 31, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

You have zero knowledge of the car you've been driving for 3 years. Absolutely zero knowledge. I don't know how you managed that but I'm amazed. Ask around. Most acuras share parts with Honda. This very 2012, the shock I'm using now is an honda civic 2014 shock.
It was expensive right but it definitely wasn't hard to find! And before you say, I got the Acura too, just decided to buy the Honda cuz it was brand new from Belgium

See this clown, this is exactly why I tell people never to buy Nigerian used cars. That a part fits does not mean they are the same. Common sense should tell you that if the part numbers are different then the parts are not the same.

I seriously pity that poor vehicle in your hand, shey you don dey slap in honda civic shock , very soon, you'll be putting a corollas engine and transmission.

And if you were smart, you'll realise you're making my point for me. Didn't you say you bought the honda civic shock because it was brand new from Belgium, how come you didn't get an Acura that is brand new from belgium cheesy.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Craze For HONDA by 9icetoo(m): 11:48pm On Aug 31, 2020
rationalmind:

See this clown, this is exactly why I tell people never to buy Nigerian used cars. That a part fits does not mean they are the same. Common sense should tell you that if the part numbers are different then the parts are not the same.

I seriously pity that poor vehicle in your hand, shey you don dey slap in honda civic shock , very soon, you'll be putting a corollas engine and transmission.

And if you were smart, you'll realise you're making my point for me. Didn't you say you bought the honda civic shock because it was brand new from Belgium, how come you didn't get an Acura that is brand new from belgium cheesy.

To be fair to the other guy, Honda and Acura share certain parts.
Some suspension parts are the same. Some sensors are the same.
I recall a part that had a suffix a for an Acura but a suffix c for the Honda. Same parts. Identical. No difference whatsoever. The only difference was the suffix.
Pilot and mdx share some parts.
The Acura saloon that looks like a civic shares certain parts with the civic.
The problem is if you go to the market without a sample of the part you are looking for, you may not get it. If you go with a sample, ladipo guys will sort you out. If you dig deep, you will find out it came from a Honda.
Granted, body parts for Acura are expensive. However, all other parts which it shares with it's Honda look alike can be got for the same price as the Honda.
If you insist on getting one with the Acura logo, you will be made to pay a premium that is not necessary.
At least I've changed my brake disc and it came from a Honda packaged carton. Part number matched that of my Acura and it fit.
Re: My Craze For HONDA by kingreign(m): 11:54pm On Aug 31, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

No need to get all worked up, that guy is absolutely right. Sourcing for Acura parts in Nigeria is like finding needle in a haystack.

2 Likes

Re: My Craze For HONDA by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 01, 2020
9icetoo:

I recall a part that had a suffix a for an Acura but a suffix c for the Honda. Same parts. Identical. No difference whatsoever. The only difference was the suffix.
The problem is if you go to the market without a sample of the part you are looking for, you may not get it. If you go with a sample, ladipo guys will sort you out. If you dig deep, you will find out it came from a Honda.
Granted, body parts for Acura are expensive. However, all other parts which it shares with it's Honda look alike can be got for the same price as the Honda.
If you insist on getting one with the Acura logo, you will be made to pay a premium that is not necessary.
At least I've changed my brake disc and it came from a Honda packaged carton. Part number matched that of my Acura and it fit.

Yes, I agree they share some parts. Where I absolutely disagree with him is saying they share most parts. That is false. There are major and several parts in those Acuras(TLs especially) that is not shared with any Honda

Take for instance, the 2004-2006 acura tl has its own radiator and is not shared with any other Honda or Acura.

I don't even think the transmission is the same with that gens accord though I know the AV6 transmission fits into the tl.

The engine in the 2004-2008 acura tl was not shared with any Honda

Steering rack, steering knuckle, tie rods, control arms(upper and lower) are exclusive to the tl and not shared with any Honda

The CV axles in the 2007-2008 Acura tl are not used by any Honda.

There are a lot more I can list.
Re: My Craze For HONDA by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:22am On Sep 01, 2020
9icetoo:

Not true at all. Especially the TL which is what we're talking about. TL may be based on the Accord but parts can be very different. The engine on the 3.5L TL and V6 Accord aren't even the same thing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairalander Spots This Toy At Onitsha Mall- Pictures / Plate Number Allocation / Jsd-520 Car Stereo Usb/sd Fm Aux-in & Mp3 Player (12k Only!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.