Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,478 members, 7,850,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:51 AM

Documents For Nig Used Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Documents For Nig Used Cars (798 Views)

Super Clean Nig Used Toyota Sienna / Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? / Why Naija Used Cars are Not always safe To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Documents For Nig Used Cars by adesanyadotun: 10:26pm On Aug 31, 2020
Please folks. When one got a Nig used car, what are the documents (papers) the uniform men (vio,police,FRSC) will look out for when you are flagged down.
Re: Documents For Nig Used Cars by Laykonyde(m): 11:46pm On Aug 31, 2020
Obviously FRSC will ask for all the documents you are meant to have as a car owner plus change of ownership document. And if you have the receipt of payment that can be very helpful.

I hope this helps!
Re: Documents For Nig Used Cars by Aanumi16: 2:37am On Sep 01, 2020
1. Purchase receipt /agreement. Since the documents are not in your name yet, you will need to move around with this because of police.
2. Change of ownership address to Licensing office.
3. Proof of ownership
4. Vehicle license
5. Road worthiness
6. Insurance certificate
7. Custom papers

After change of ownership which I will advise and the documents is in your name, what you need to move around with is copies of 3 - 7 above.

1 Like

Re: Documents For Nig Used Cars by adesanyadotun: 8:38am On Sep 01, 2020
Aanumi16:
1. Purchase receipt /agreement. Since the documents are not in your name yet, you will need to move around with this because of police.
2. Change of ownership address to Licensing office.
3. Proof of ownership
4. Vehicle license
5. Road worthiness
6. Insurance certificate
7. Custom papers

After change of ownership which I will advise and the documents is in your name, what you need to move around with is copies of 3 - 7 above.

Thanks
Will I need copy proof of ownership of previous owner
The vehicle was bought from a car dealer who gave me receipt in his company name. The name of the previous user is different from his. How will this be handled.
Will only receipt of payment from the dealer suffice as I don't have agreement paper.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Clean 2007 Registered Toyota Corolla Sport / I Need Help To Interpret My Car Scan Report / Hid Or Led?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.