Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,936 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Earth, Wind, Water And Fire. Do These Elements Truly Matter? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Earth, Wind, Water And Fire. Do These Elements Truly Matter? (698 Views)

Jesus Was Truly A Muslim / Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Earth, Wind, Water And Fire. Do These Elements Truly Matter? by zland4ps(m): 5:46pm On Sep 02, 2020
Salam Alaekum Wa Rahmatullai Wa Barakatuhu. Peace and Blessings be upon the prophet, His Sahaba and the entire Umah (Ameen)

Some categories of Muslims believe that EARTH, WIND, WATER AND FIRE are important elements to be considered in every aspect of ones life most especially in choosing a wife, names, prayers or efforts on make and even job/occupation one does in life.

My question is, how true is this? Because I practically observed that some set of Alfa don't believe in them while others do.

I'll really appreciate it if someone can enlighten me on this matter, or direct me to sources that will do adequate justice to my question.

Thank you in advance.

Salam Alaekum

1 Like

Re: Earth, Wind, Water And Fire. Do These Elements Truly Matter? by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:23am On Sep 03, 2020
zland4ps:
Salam Alaekum Wa Rahmatullai Wa Barakatuhu. Peace and Blessings be upon the prophet, His Sahaba and the entire Umah (Ameen)

Some categories of Muslims believe that EARTH, WIND, WATER AND FIRE are important elements to be considered in every aspect of ones life most especially in choosing a wife, names, prayers or efforts on make and even job/occupation one does in life.

My question is, how true is this? Because I practically observed that some set of Alfa don't believe in them while others do.

I'll really appreciate it if someone can enlighten me on this matter, or direct me to sources that will do adequate justice to my question.

Thank you in advance.

Salam Alaekum

Wa alaikum salam warahmatullah.

Praise be to Allah and we seek the blessings of Allah on the last Prophet Muhammad (salallahu 'alayhi wasalam) his family, companions and all those who follow the path of Haneef till the day of account. Amin.

The Prophet taught us everything we need to know in Islam. And everything he taught was the best. He taught us how to worship Allah and this includes marriage.

The believe that EARTH, WIND, WATER AND FIRE are important elements to be considered in every aspect of ones life most especially in choosing a wife, names, prayers or efforts on make and even job/occupation one does in life is kufr i.e. disbelief.

Why disbelief? Only Allah knows the unseen. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: “None in the heavens and the earth knows the Ghaib (Unseen) except Allaah, nor can they perceive when they shall be resurrected”
[al-Naml 27:65]

“And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
[al-An’aam 6:59]

Al-Bukhaari narrated in his Saheeh (hadeeth no. 4477) that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “Whoever tells you that he knows what will happen tomorrow is lying.” Then she recited, “No person knows what he will earn tomorrow.”

And such belief is similar to fortunetelling (if not the same).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever goes to a fortune-teller and asks him about something, his prayer will not be accepted for forty nights.” Narrated by Muslim (2230).

And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever has intercourse with a menstruating woman or with a woman in her back passage, or goes to a fortune teller and believes what he says, has disbelieved in that which Allaah revealed to Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).” Narrated by Abu Dawood (3904), al-Tirmidhi (3904) and Ibn Majaah (936); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.
The kufr mentioned in the hadeeth is to be understood in the sense of minor or lesser kufr, according to many scholars, unless he believes that the witch or soothsayer has knowledge of the unseen or he believes his claims to have knowledge of the unseen.

Finally we all need to learn how to supplicate to Allah and do Istikharah just as it was reported from the Prophet salallahu alaihi wasalam.

And Allah knows best.

3 Likes

Re: Earth, Wind, Water And Fire. Do These Elements Truly Matter? by zland4ps(m): 6:12pm On Sep 03, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

Wa alaikum salam warahmatullah.

Praise be to Allah and we seek the blessings of Allah on the last Prophet Muhammad (salallahu 'alayhi wasalam) his family, companions and all those who follow the path of Haneef till the day of account. Amin.

The Prophet taught us everything we need to know in Islam. And everything he taught was the best. He taught us how to worship Allah and this includes marriage.

The believe that EARTH, WIND, WATER AND FIRE are important elements to be considered in every aspect of ones life most especially in choosing a wife, names, prayers or efforts on make and even job/occupation one does in life is kufr i.e. disbelief.

Why disbelief? Only Allah knows the unseen. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: “None in the heavens and the earth knows the Ghaib (Unseen) except Allaah, nor can they perceive when they shall be resurrected”
[al-Naml 27:65]

“And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
[al-An’aam 6:59]

Al-Bukhaari narrated in his Saheeh (hadeeth no. 4477) that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “Whoever tells you that he knows what will happen tomorrow is lying.” Then she recited, “No person knows what he will earn tomorrow.”

And such belief is similar to fortunetelling (if not the same).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever goes to a fortune-teller and asks him about something, his prayer will not be accepted for forty nights.” Narrated by Muslim (2230).

And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever has intercourse with a menstruating woman or with a woman in her back passage, or goes to a fortune teller and believes what he says, has disbelieved in that which Allaah revealed to Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).” Narrated by Abu Dawood (3904), al-Tirmidhi (3904) and Ibn Majaah (936); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.
The kufr mentioned in the hadeeth is to be understood in the sense of minor or lesser kufr, according to many scholars, unless he believes that the witch or soothsayer has knowledge of the unseen or he believes his claims to have knowledge of the unseen.

Finally we all need to learn how to supplicate to Allah and do Istikharah just as it was reported from the Prophet salallahu alaihi wasalam.

And Allah knows best.

Jazakumullahu Khairan Sheikh.
Re: Earth, Wind, Water And Fire. Do These Elements Truly Matter? by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:04am On Sep 04, 2020
zland4ps:

Jazakumullahu Khairan Sheikh.

I am your brother not even close to being a student of knowledge.

Wa antum fajazaakumuAllaahu khayran.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

This Is What Others Are Saying. / Wildone And Her Touts, Am Coming For You / I Am In Need Of A Muslim Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.