Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,027 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter (12499 Views)

Jesus And Islam / Judgment Day : Conversation Between Jesus And His God, Allah (Surah Al Ma’idah) / Explanations On Hadeeth Soheeh, Hassan And Doeef (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by NASTYNASOSO: 8:31am On Sep 19, 2017
EXPLANATIONS ON JESUS AND THE CROSS MATTER

The Holy Quran (chapter 4 verse 157) shows that:

i) Some people actually planned to crucify Jesus but God foiled the plan;

ii) People who says that Jesus was crucified are not sure of what they say, to confirm what is contained in the Quran that those who claim that Jesus was crucified are not sure of what they say, let us use the Bible to raise and answer some questions on the cross issue:

1. Who carried the cross of Jesus to Golgotha?
a) Jesus carried the cross (John 19 : 17)
b) Simon of Cyrene carried the cross(Mark 15:21-22).

2. Which of the two thieves that was crucified along with Jesus made jest of him?
a) The two thieves made jest of him (Mathew 27 :44)
b) Only one thief made jest of him (Luke 23:39)

3. Judas repented after he had given Jesus unto enemies, what then became of the thirty silver coins earlier received by Judas?
a) Judas threw down the coins in the temple before the high priest and the high priest used it to buy a large piece of land to be used as burial ground for strangers(Mathew 27 :6-7)
b) Judas spent the money to buy certain portion of land for himself (Act 1:16)

4. How did Judas die?
a) he hanged himself (Mathew 27 :5)
b)he fell from a high place, his bowel split open and he died (Act 1 :18)

Imagine if you are a Bible Quiz master and some of the above questions are asked during the Quiz Competition, which of the available two answers for each of the question will you accept as the right answer in each case?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:45am On Sep 19, 2017
NASTYNASOSO:
EXPLANATIONS ON JESUS AND THE CROSS MATTER

The Holy Quran (chapter 4 verse 157) shows that:

i) Some people actually planned to crucify Jesus but God foiled the plan;

ii) People who says that Jesus was crucified are not sure of what they say, to confirm what is contained in the Quran that those who claim that Jesus was crucified are not sure of what they say, let us use the Bible to raise and answer some questions on the cross issue:

1. Who carried the cross of Jesus to Golgotha?
a) Jesus carried the cross (John 19 : 17)
b) Simon of Cyrene carried the cross(Mark 15:21-22).

2. Which of the two thieves that was crucified along with Jesus made jest of him?
a) The two thieves made jest of him (Mathew 27 :44)
b) Only one thief made jest of him (Luke 23:39)

3. Judas repented after he had given Jesus unto enemies, what then became of the thirty silver coins earlier received by Judas?
a) Judas threw down the coins in the temple before the high priest and the high priest used it to buy a large piece of land to be used as burial ground for strangers(Mathew 27 :6-7)
b) Judas spent the money to buy certain portion of land for himself (Act 1:16)

4. How did Judas die?
a) he hanged himself (Mathew 27 :5)
b)he fell from a high place, his bowel split open and he died (Act 1 :18)

Imagine if you are a Bible Quiz master and some of the above questions are asked during the Quiz Competition, which of the available two answers for each of the question will you accept as the right answer in each case?

1. They will say Jesus carried it for some time while the other Simeon guy carried it for the other part.

2. Luke only reported what he thought he saw. Matthew (Obasanjo) the tax collector is more correct than him.

3. Anyway which way na land dey use the money buy!

4. He died sha make we leave the details.

grin grin grin Too much error in the Bible!!! lipsrsealed

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by iamgenius(m): 9:21am On Sep 19, 2017
OP, you should have posted this in the religion section so that we'll read some funny comments from the Christians. Rashduct4luv has said it all. I was discussing with a Christian about the time Jesus was crucified and I showed him 2contradictory verses from his own Bible. Na so he just tell me it's still D same thing. How can 9 and 3 be the same? Funny people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 19, 2017
See them fault finders who cant even see beyond their own noses, if the quran wasnt put together by caliph uthman there would have been variations in accounts by different sources like you try to point out here, given the Gospels were written independently by other disciples decades after the first Disciples had died. Still that does not change the Truth that Jesus Christ fulfilled prophecies laid down for centuries in the Books of Daniel, Isaiah and the others which your quran denies as expected of the antichrist...believe whatever u want.

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:28am On Sep 19, 2017
kattytamer:
See them fault finders who cant even see beyond their own noses, if the quran wasnt put together by caliph uthman there would have been variations in accounts by different sources like you try to point out here, given the Gospels were written independently by other disciples decades after the first Disciples had died. Still that does not change the Truth that Jesus Christ fulfilled prophecies laid down for centuries in the Books of Daniel, Isaiah and the others which your quran denies as expected of the antichrist...believe whatever u want.

Alhamdulillah the Qu'ran was gathered to a Book by the third Caliph Uthman Rodiyallahu anhu who was a staunch Companion and disciple of our Prophet.
But who gathered the Bible? Who gathered the Old Testament? Who gathered the New Testament?

Let me help you.....The Holy Spirit did. grin grin grin lipsrsealed

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 19, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Alhamdulillah the Qu'ran was gathered to a Book by the third Caliph Uthman Rodiyallahu anhu who was a staunch Companion and disciple of our Prophet.
But who gathered the Bible? Who gathered the Old Testament? Who gathered the New Testament?

Let me help you.....The Holy Spirit did. grin grin grin lipsrsealed

Na you sabi sha, good you know caliph uthman gathered the quran and destroyed other existing contrary versions to make it seem perfect otherwise you would have variations today, so quit been a hypocrite.

The Bishops at the 1st council of Nicea selected the Books of the New Testament with the sole aim of passing the Teachings of Jesus Christ and the early Apostles which they suffered persecutions for, and not to debate if judas bought a plot of land himself or returned the money to the chief priest or who carried the cross or whatever trivialties you dwell on here.

If I ask you to explain how the sun rotates around the earth daily or the muddy spring in which it sets or where exactly between the spinal cord and ribs from where sperm cells are produced you would be talking gibberish.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Rashduct4luv(m): 2:38pm On Sep 19, 2017
kattytamer:

Na you sabi sha, good you know caliph uthman gathered the quran and destroyed other existing contrary versions to make it seem perfect otherwise you would have variations today, so quit been a hypocrite.

The Bishops at the 1st council of Nicea selected the Books of the New Testament with the sole aim of passing the Teachings of Jesus Christ and the early Apostles which they suffered persecutions for, and not to debate if judas bought a plot of land himself or returned the money to the chief priest or who carried the cross or whatever trivialties you dwell on here.

If I ask you to explain how the sun rotates around the earth daily or the muddy spring in which it sets or where exactly between the spinal cord and ribs from where sperm cells are produced you would be talking gibberish.

1. Unnamed Bishops.

2. Which translation of the Bible did the unnamed Bishops commissioned?

3. Don't confuse versions with dialect. Qur'an does not have versions but Arabic dialects as at when it was gathered by Uthman.

4. And all those metaphors, similes and illustrations you quote up there are beyond your understanding. The Joy of Muslims is that the Arabic Qur'an is one while the Gospel according to Saint Jesus in Jesus's language is lost.

17 Likes

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

1. Unnamed Bishops.

2. Which translation of the Bible did the unnamed Bishops commissioned?

3. Don't confuse versions with dialect. Qur'an does not have versions but Arabic dialects as at when it was gathered by Uthman.

4. And all those metaphors, similes and illustrations you quote up there are beyond your understanding. The Joy of Muslims is that the Arabic Qur'an is one while the Gospel according to Saint Jesus in Jesus's language is lost.
Unnamed bishops? What has their names got to do with anything? Google is your friend if you want the details of minutes of the first council or even what they had for breakfast on the said day since you love been petty.
Uthman did what Pathologic lair you are, there were no written version of the quran only oral form which was put down under the authority of uthman, discarding conflicting verses, its not about arabic or aramaic so get off your high horse.
The only thing beyond my understanding is why you love lies so much.
This is a metaphor/simile right?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:04pm On Sep 19, 2017
kattytamer:

Unnamed bishops? What has their names got to do with anything? Google is your friend if you want the details of minutes of the first council or even what they had for breakfast on the said day since you love been petty.
Uthman did what Pathologic lair you are, there were no written version of the quran only oral form which was put down under the authority of uthman, discarding conflicting verses, its not about arabic or aramaic so get off your high horse.

How am i a liar now embarassed? And what does this hadith on the Sun setting & rising you brought really mean?

On the Qur'an:

Al-Bukhaari narrated in his Saheeh (4986) that Zayd ibn Thaabit (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq sent for me when the people of al-Yamaamah had been killed [i.e., a number of the Prophet's Companions who fought against the false prophet Musaylimah]. (I went to him) and found ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab sitting with him. Abu Bakr then said (to me), “ ‘Umar has come to me and said: ‘Casualties were heavy among the Qurra' of the Qur'aan (i.e. those who knew the Qur’aan by heart) on the day of the battle of al-Yamaamah, and I am afraid that more heavy casualties may take place among the Qurra' on other battlefields, whereby a large part of the Qur’aan may be lost. Therefore I suggest that you (Abu Bakr) order that the Qur’aan be collected.” I said to 'Umar, "How can you do something that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do?" 'Umar said, "By Allah, this is something good." 'Umar kept on urging me to accept his proposal till Allaah opened my heart to it and I began to realize the good in the idea which 'Umar had realized." Then Abu Bakr said (to me). “You are a wise young man and we do not have any suspicion about you, and you used to write the Divine Inspiration for the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). So search for (the fragmentary scripts of) the Qur’aan and compile it in one book." By Allah If they had ordered me to move one of the mountains, it would not have been heavier for me than this ordering me to compile the Qur’aan. Then I said (to Abu Bakr), "How can you do something that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do?" Abu Bakr replied, "By Allaah, it is a good thing." Abu Bakr kept on urging me to accept his idea until Allaah opened my heart to that to which He had opened the hearts of Abu Bakr and 'Umar. So I started looking for the Qur’aan and collecting it from (what it was written on) palm stalks, thin white stones and also from the men who knew it by heart, until I found the last Verse of Soorat al-Tawbah with Abu Khuzaymah al-Ansaari, and I did not find it with anybody other than him. The verse is (interpretation of the meaning):

"Verily, there has come unto you a Messenger (Muhammad) from amongst yourselves. It grieves him that you should receive any injury or difficulty...” [al-Tawbah 9:128] until the end of Soorat Baraa’ah (i.e., al-Tawbah).

Then the complete manuscript (copy) of the Qur’aan remained with Abu Bakr until he died, then with 'Umar until the end of his life, and then with Hafsah, the daughter of 'Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him).

Al-Bukhaari also narrated in his Saheeh (4988) from Anas ibn Maalik that Hudhayfah ibn al-Yamaan came to ‘Uthmaan at the time when the people of Shaam (Syria) and the people of Iraq were waging war to conquer Armenia and Azerbaijan. Hudhayfah was alarmed by their (the people of Sham and Iraq) differences in the recitation of the Qur’aan, so he said to 'Uthmaan, "O Ameer al-Mu’mineen! Save this nation before they dispute about the Book (Qur’aan) as the Jews and the Christians did before." So 'Uthmaan sent a message to Hafsah saying, "Send us the manuscript of the Qur’aan so that we may make copies of the Mus-haf and we will return the manuscript to you."

Hafsah sent it to 'Uthmaan. Then 'Uthmaan ordered Zayd ibn Thaabit, 'Abdullah ibn al-Zubayr, Sa’eed ibn al-‘Aas and ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Haarith ibn Hishaam to copy out the manuscripts. 'Uthmaan said to the three men who were from Quraysh (the tribe of which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was a member), “In case you disagree with Zayd ibn Thaabit on any point in the Qur’aan, then write it in the dialect of Quraysh, for the Qur’aan was revealed in their tongue." They did so, and when they had written many copies, 'Uthmaan returned the original manuscripts to Hafsah.

'Uthmaan sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied, and ordered that all the other Qur'aanic materials, whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, be burnt.

Learn and correct yourself.

14 Likes

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 19, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

How am i a liar now embarassed? And what does this hadith on the Sun setting & rising you brought really mean?

On the Qur'an:

Al-Bukhaari narrated in his Saheeh (4986) that Zayd ibn Thaabit (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq sent for me when the people of al-Yamaamah had been killed [i.e., a number of the Prophet's Companions who fought against the false prophet Musaylimah]. (I went to him) and found ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab sitting with him. Abu Bakr then said (to me), “ ‘Umar has come to me and said: ‘Casualties were heavy among the Qurra' of the Qur'aan (i.e. those who knew the Qur’aan by heart) on the day of the battle of al-Yamaamah, and I am afraid that more heavy casualties may take place among the Qurra' on other battlefields, whereby a large part of the Qur’aan may be lost. Therefore I suggest that you (Abu Bakr) order that the Qur’aan be collected.” I said to 'Umar, "How can you do something that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do?" 'Umar said, "By Allah, this is something good." 'Umar kept on urging me to accept his proposal till Allaah opened my heart to it and I began to realize the good in the idea which 'Umar had realized." Then Abu Bakr said (to me). “You are a wise young man and we do not have any suspicion about you, and you used to write the Divine Inspiration for the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). So search for (the fragmentary scripts of) the Qur’aan and compile it in one book." By Allah If they had ordered me to move one of the mountains, it would not have been heavier for me than this ordering me to compile the Qur’aan. Then I said (to Abu Bakr), "How can you do something that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do?" Abu Bakr replied, "By Allaah, it is a good thing." Abu Bakr kept on urging me to accept his idea until Allaah opened my heart to that to which He had opened the hearts of Abu Bakr and 'Umar. So I started looking for the Qur’aan and collecting it from (what it was written on) palm stalks, thin white stones and also from the men who knew it by heart, until I found the last Verse of Soorat al-Tawbah with Abu Khuzaymah al-Ansaari, and I did not find it with anybody other than him. The verse is (interpretation of the meaning):

"Verily, there has come unto you a Messenger (Muhammad) from amongst yourselves. It grieves him that you should receive any injury or difficulty...” [al-Tawbah 9:128] until the end of Soorat Baraa’ah (i.e., al-Tawbah).

Then the complete manuscript (copy) of the Qur’aan remained with Abu Bakr until he died, then with 'Umar until the end of his life, and then with Hafsah, the daughter of 'Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him).

Al-Bukhaari also narrated in his Saheeh (4988) from Anas ibn Maalik that Hudhayfah ibn al-Yamaan came to ‘Uthmaan at the time when the people of Shaam (Syria) and the people of Iraq were waging war to conquer Armenia and Azerbaijan. Hudhayfah was alarmed by their (the people of Sham and Iraq) differences in the recitation of the Qur’aan, so he said to 'Uthmaan, "O Ameer al-Mu’mineen! Save this nation before they dispute about the Book (Qur’aan) as the Jews and the Christians did before." So 'Uthmaan sent a message to Hafsah saying, "Send us the manuscript of the Qur’aan so that we may make copies of the Mus-haf and we will return the manuscript to you."

Hafsah sent it to 'Uthmaan. Then 'Uthmaan ordered Zayd ibn Thaabit, 'Abdullah ibn al-Zubayr, Sa’eed ibn al-‘Aas and ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Haarith ibn Hishaam to copy out the manuscripts. 'Uthmaan said to the three men who were from Quraysh (the tribe of which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was a member), “In case you disagree with Zayd ibn Thaabit on any point in the Qur’aan, then write it in the dialect of Quraysh, for the Qur’aan was revealed in their tongue." They did so, and when they had written many copies, 'Uthmaan returned the original manuscripts to Hafsah.

'Uthmaan sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied, and ordered that all the other Qur'aanic materials, whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, be burnt.

Learn and correct yourself.
You are saying there were no variations from what is now obtained or what exactly?
The hadith I posted clearly says the sun goes in constant motion setting in one place and rising in another which is simply false, but not to you.

14 Likes

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by iamgenius(m): 9:04pm On Sep 19, 2017
kattytamer:

You are saying there were no variations from what is now obtained or what exactly?
The hadith I posted clearly says the sun goes in constant motion setting in one place and rising in another which is simply false, but not to you.
Guy, go learn something b4 you come to argue. You know nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by impossible27(m): 9:23pm On Sep 19, 2017
Op u funny sha oo. So we chrstians should now belive a book narrated by our dear mohamed who knows nothing about jesus or even withness his existance. A man from nowhere just claimed jesus was not dead and one of his followers wrote it in a book and gave it to u guys to punder on.

Well let me tell u something, the bible was written by diffrent men who withnessed christ himself and can tell the story of his life because they withnessed it and these books was gathered by the church as the bible just 350 years. Yes, the story of these writers (mattew, mark, luke and john)) may differ slightly because of their translation but they all belive that jesus is the son of God and he died on the cross.

Unlike a cave man who woke one morning and claims jesus did not die and he is not the son of god. He did not even withnessed his existence but he has already claimed what happend to jesus life and decide to write it on a book for his gullible followers

Sorry, we chrstians dont belive on cave men stories.

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Nobody: 5:56am On Sep 20, 2017
iamgenius:
Guy, go learn something b4 you come to argue. You know nothing.
Lovers of lies would always be on the denial...since you have nothing reasonable to say veer off

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:18am On Sep 20, 2017
kattytamer:

If you are still on the authenticity of the Qur'an, i have proved to you that it is authentic.

Now to your doubt on the Hadith on the setting of the sun in on place and rising in another i still believe this is right. The setting of the sun occurs when its disc disappears below the horizon, and it sets on some people and rises on others because of the movement of the earth around it.

8 Likes

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 20, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

If you are still on the authenticity of the Qur'an, i have proved to you that it is authentic.

Now to your doubt on the Hadith on the setting of the sun in on place and rising in another i still believe this is right. The setting of the sun occurs when its disc disappears below the horizon, and it sets on some people and rises on others because of the movement of the earth around it.
I didnt say the quran isnt authentic, what i meant is at some point in history there were some variations in details among some reciters, just like there are variations in accounts in the bible.
On the rotation what is common knowledge is different from whats in the hadith, it says the sun goes in constant motion, setting and rising,which was the general belief then, and not the earth rotating on its axis bringing about sunset and sunrise as it is known today.

9 Likes

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:41am On Sep 20, 2017
kattytamer:

I didnt say the quran isnt authentic, what i meant is at some point in history there were some variations in details among some reciters, just like there are variations in accounts in the bible.
On the rotation what is common knowledge is different from whats in the hadith, it says the sun goes in constant motion, setting and rising,which was the general belief then, and not the earth rotating on its axis bringing about sunset and sunrise as it is known today.

Alhamdulillah, the authenticity of the Qur'an is cleared. And Uthman only Prevent dialect variations!

We believe the sun and the moon cannot overtake themselves as they float each in an orbit as stated in the Quran 36 vs 40. The sun being in constant motion in the hadith does not negate it rotating about its fixed axis. Islam came before advance science and the words used back then will still need to be "expanded" in some cases. i think i have tried as much as i can to explain this.

3 Likes

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:31am On Sep 20, 2017
kattytamer:

I saw the reference in that hadith as one Imam abu Ishaq... who i have never heard of as an Islamic scholar. I will make research on it.

Not all hadith is accepted in Islam even if the wording makes sense or otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
kattytamer:

Sorry, the hadith is not authentic.

https://islamqa.info/en/145202/pdf/dl

1 Like

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 20, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Sorry, the hadith is not authentic.

https://islamqa.info/en/145202/pdf/dl
Sorry the Quran agrees with the idea, authentic or not, Quran 21:33; 36: 37-40; 91:1-2.
You could get more to dispute here
https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific_Errors_in_the_Quran#Earth_is_a_Level_Plain

Ive already told you Jesus Christ came to fulfill the messainic prophecies in the Old Testament recorded centuries before His birth on earth but you choose to believe one who denies all and claims to be the last special prophet and his only recorded miracle is what?cobwebs and stories anyone could make up like olumba olumba...he couldnt even face persecution for his faith but ordered his followers to kill his adversaries, while he lived life to the fullest...the disciples and early christians endured hard persecutions and stayed faithful till death because they believed all what you so easily deny...shallom.
Btw why is arabic the chosen language and not Hebrew? Since you claim to follow the God of the Jews, and why so much hatred for the jews in particular? They are the Children of God Almighty, and He made His promise to Abraham and his descendants through Sarah, yea someone changed the details...

15 Likes

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:01am On Sep 21, 2017
kattytamer:

Sorry the Quran agrees with the idea, authentic or not, Quran 21:33; 36: 37-40; 91:1-2.
You could get more to dispute here
https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific_Errors_in_the_Quran#Earth_is_a_Level_Plain

Ive already told you Jesus Christ came to fulfill the messainic prophecies in the Old Testament recorded centuries before His birth on earth but you choose to believe one who denies all and claims to be the last special prophet and his only recorded miracle is what?cobwebs and stories anyone could make up like olumba olumba...he couldnt even face persecution for his faith but ordered his followers to kill his adversaries, while he lived life to the fullest...the disciples and early christians endured hard persecutions and stayed faithful till death because they believed all what you so easily deny...shallom.
Btw why is arabic the chosen language and not Hebrew? Since you claim to follow the God of the Jews, and why so much hatred for the jews in particular? They are the Children of God Almighty, and He made His promise to Abraham and his descendants through Sarah, yea someone changed the details...

Whatever the Qur'an says we believe. Islam came before advance science and science has since been advancing as the days go by. No Christian or Jew will truly love a Muslim unless they want him to join them in their error. If you are still emphasizing any errors in the Qur'an from wiki or anywhere, do it as you like. You can only confuse yourself the more. Was Hebrew the language of Jesus? His spoke Aramaic. How many Christians can speak Aramaic? The language is like lost in the Christian world. It has been replaced with Hebrew and Greek.

Your problem is that you refuse to study without prejudice and if you tempt me to open your Bible for you, you will regret it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 21, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Whatever the Qur'an says we believe. Islam came before advance science and science has since been advancing as the days go by. No Christian or Jew will truly love a Muslim unless they want him to join them in their error. If you are still emphasizing any errors in the Qur'an from wiki or anywhere, do it as you like. You can only confuse yourself the more. Was Hebrew the language of Jesus? His spoke Aramaic. How many Christians can speak Aramaic? The language is like lost in the Christian world. It has been replaced with Hebrew and Greek.

Your problem is that you refuse to study without prejudice and if you tempt me to open your Bible for you, you will regret it.
Whatever the Quran says we believe...MY PROBLEM is that i refuse to study without prejudice, but you have already concluded my faith is an error, why Go ahead and open the Bible as you like...without prejudice ofcourse.
Science brings everything to light...
Aramaic was the common language in Judea around the time Jesus was around just like we speak english language today, it doesnt mean hebrew is a forgotten language so stop making a mountain of it.
Christians are commanded to live in love towards everyone, muslim, hare krishna, menfites or whatever creed, we are not "sent to kill infdels" or fight a jihad against those who reject our Gospel,like the early christians endured persecutions while keeping the faith, we only wish your mind is opened to know the Truth and nothing else.

22 Likes

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:57am On Sep 21, 2017
kattytamer:

Whatever the Quran says we believe...MY PROBLEM is that i refuse to study without prejudice, but you have already concluded my faith is an error, why Go ahead and open the Bible as you like...without prejudice ofcourse.
Science brings everything to light...
Aramaic was the common language in Judea around the time Jesus was around just like we speak english language today, it doesnt mean hebrew is a forgotten language so stop making a mountain of it.
Christians are commanded to live in love towards everyone, muslim, hare krishna, menfites or whatever creed, we are not "sent to kill infdels" or fight a jihad against those who reject our Gospel,like the early christians endured persecutions while keeping the faith, we only wish your mind is opened to know the Truth and nothing else.

Truth or lies? Christianity is a way of life any one can twist as he/she likes. No real code of conduct, no morality, no rule or law is followed. The pastors are your gods, as long as you believe Jesus died for you then you are saved. A god came to become man from Pregnancy, came through the same passage i came through, ate food and breath air like us and then died for the same people he created. I don't need this kind of truth. If early Christians endured persecutions, who were the Christians who started the evil crusades? We all know the story of making people change their religion to Christianity for them to be educated. I said you lack knowledge before, go and learn the meaning of Jihad and all the verses on it, Learn the story behind them. That's how you read the Qur'an. You don't just pick verses like the Bible and interpret it with prejudice.

The old testament is filled with deaths than any book in the world!

9 Likes

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 21, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Truth or lies? Christianity is a way of life any one can twist as he/she likes. No real code of conduct, no morality, no rule or law is followed. The pastors are your gods, as long as you believe Jesus died for you then you are saved. A god came to become man from Pregnancy, came through the same passage i came through, ate food and breath air like us and then died for the same people he created. I don't need this kind of truth. If early Christians endured persecutions, who were the Christians who started the evil crusades? We all know the story of making people change their religion to Christianity for them to be educated. I said you lack knowledge before, go and learn the meaning of Jihad and all the verses on it, Learn the story behind them. That's how you read the Qur'an. You don't just pick verses like the Bible and interpret it with prejudice.

The old testament is filled with deaths than any book in the world!
You are guilty of all you accuse me, firstly you are wrong to say there are no laws in christianity, if you like you could say christianity is submitting to the will of God,not of self, which summarised as "love for your neighbour and for God Almighty"...understand the meaning of Love, practicing that all your life is all you need.
The truth is going by the laws given to Moses and the isrealites a blood sacrifice is always required for cleansing, the high priests did that yearly or so for the nation of Isreal, its same thing Jesus Christ came to do and that is why He is called the Messiah,i.e the Chosen One who saved us, He had to be sinless and faultless to be acceptable, who else can do that if not God Himself?
The crusades was among nations who adopted christianity and islam fighting over lands,it could have been between islamic states and budhist states as well, Jesus Christ or the apostles didnt send anyone to go fight physical wars with the enemy.

24 Likes

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by iamgenius(m): 9:37am On Sep 21, 2017
@kattytamer, Hebrew is not Jesus's language it's Aramaic as Rashduct4luv said. This is the reason why Arabic is the chosen language

Zephaniah 3:9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.

Think of it, which language is most spoken in a religion?
Arabic of course, so don't talk by copy and paste without doing ur own research. DULLARD shocked

4 Likes

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 21, 2017
iamgenius:
@kattytamer, Hebrew is not Jesus's language it's Aramaic as Rashduct4luv said. This is the reason why Arabic is the chosen language

Zephaniah 3:9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.

Think of it, which language is most spoken in a religion?
Arabic of course, so don't talk by copy and paste without doing ur own research. DULLARD shocked
Is english your language? How is arabic a pure language? Are there no borrowed words in arabic? or does arabic have a word for internet or meteors? Dont quote me again okay?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by iamgenius(m): 10:10am On Sep 21, 2017
kattytamer:

Is english your language? How is arabic a pure language? Are there no borrowed words in arabic? or does arabic have a word for internet or meteors? Dont quote me again okay?
Okay, you failed to understand that verse. I understood it because I possess the Holy Spirit. Go and buy Holy Spirit from ur pastor. And if you don't have money to buy it, ask your pastor for the interpretation of that verse and come back here.

2 Likes

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 21, 2017
iamgenius:
Okay, you failed to understand that verse. I understood it because I possess the Holy Spirit. Go and buy Holy Spirit from ur pastor. And if you don't have money to buy it, ask your pastor for the interpretation of that verse and come back here.
You keep talking giberish instead of explaining what makes arabic a pure language, since you have nothing to say quit quoting me
The only prophecy islam fulfills in the Bible is that about the false prophet and the antichrist, Satan is transformed into an angel of light, and keeps deceiving the nations...

25 Likes

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:42am On Sep 22, 2017
kattytamer:

You keep talking giberish instead of explaining what makes arabic a pure language, since you have nothing to say quit quoting me
The only prophecy islam fulfills in the Bible is that about the false prophet and the antichrist, Satan is transformed into an angel of light, and keeps deceiving the nations...

Muhammed fulfilled a Prophecy about the false prophet right.... See lies again! So how does Muhammed fit in the this from your Bible? i know Christians will do all they can just to claim Christianity is a religion but Christianity was built on falsehood and Hearsay!

3 Likes

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by realestniggah: 9:16am On Sep 22, 2017
it 2017 and some people still believe there was a man named Jesus who was nailed on the cross and died for your sin even when you were not alive..this same man rose from the dead after 3 days and flew straight into heaven never to be heard from again.

if you are a grown man and believe all these nonsense from the fictional book called a bible then you haven't been using proper use of your brain.

Nigeria the most religious nation currently on earth yet it one of the worst country on earth

3 Likes

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 22, 2017
grin i laugh when muslims and xtains engage in such childish comparisons . both religions are filled with lies, contradiction and fairy tales

5 Likes

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by Toks2008(m): 9:24am On Sep 22, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

1. They will say Jesus carried it for some time while the other Simeon guy carried it for the other part.

2. Luke only reported what he thought he saw. Matthew (Obasanjo) the tax collector is more correct than him.

3. Anyway which way na land dey use the money buy!

4. He died sha make we leave the details.

grin grin grin Too much error in the Bible!!! lipsrsealed

I have said it before and I will say it again.

Nairaland is fast becoming a joke and the earlier Seun adjusts the better.

I wrote a thread that is so insightful about this same title(As seen as my signature) and I have quoted lalasticlala severally to push to main page but kept ignoring yet this shallow thread is on fpage.

Anyways I guess it's high time I stopped copying any mod to my threads cos it's quite apparent that the mods are biased.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter by eddjone: 9:27am On Sep 22, 2017
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Sunnahs That A Muslim Should Observe On The Day Of Eid / Islamic Ruling On Family Planning / Different Religion And Tribe: How Do I Balance The Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.